Blue Jays not allowed to play in Canada

Sig Hansen

What a mess. I don't disagree with Canada's decision but it's pretty lousy to announce it six days before the season begins.

What a mess. I don't disagree with Canada's decision but it's pretty lousy to announce it six days before the season begins.

Saw this one coming, not sure why they even started down the road of planning to have teams cross a border. I'm guessing Buffalo is what makes sense.

Saw this one coming, not sure why they even started down the road of planning to have teams cross a border. I'm guessing Buffalo is what makes sense.
Apparently the stadium in Buffalo is not up to snuff

Clubhouses and press boxes are too small, weight and training rooms are not MLB quality, there's no replay room and the stadium would need temporary lighting. They'll probably choose the nicest minor league stadium on the east coast outside of Florida and just play there. So probably Charlotte or Hartford, CT

Clubhouses and press boxes are too small, weight and training rooms are not MLB quality, there's no replay room and the stadium would need temporary lighting. They'll probably choose the nicest minor league stadium on the east coast outside of Florida and just play there. So probably Charlotte or Hartford, CT

Crazy, I assumed a AAA stadium would be good enough. I guess that is why they were going to try to make Toronto work despite the international border issue.

Crazy, I assumed a AAA stadium would be good enough. I guess that is why they were going to try to make Toronto work despite the international border issue.
In addition to the stadium the whole team has to live in Buffalo for three months lol. I would be much more upset about that than the crappy stadium. Charlotte on the other hand would be quite nice

Really? For a AAA club? Most of that in my opinion is OK for this type of season, but the training rooms are a problem.

Ridiculous timing from the government, but not a surprising decision. Wonder if a few veterans from the Jays opt out of playing now that they won't have any time at home?

Really? For a AAA club? Most of that in my opinion is OK for this type of season, but the training rooms are a problem.
I mean I'm sure it's fine, just not as nice as an MLB stadium. And if that's what all 29 other teams are getting then the players are right to complain about it. I just read that the Blue Jays would strongly prefer an MLB stadium and that the Pirates only have seven conflicting dates all season. If the logistics are workable then it's kind of a no brainer to play in PNC Park. Best stadium in baseball

I mean I'm sure it's fine, just not as nice as an MLB stadium. And if that's what all 29 other teams are getting then the players are right to complain about it. I just read that the Blue Jays would strongly prefer an MLB stadium and that the Pirates only have seven conflicting dates all season. If the logistics are workable then it's kind of a no brainer to play in PNC Park. Best stadium in baseball

Ah, that's a good idea.

If I'm Rob Manford, I begin the process of moving the Blue Jays out of Toronto. I'd move them to New Orleans or Nashville. It's ridiculous that Canada won't let a team play in their own ballpark, THERE ARE NO FANS!!! You'd have around 100 people at the ball park daily. The Blue Jays, their opponents, 4 umpires and probably 20-30 miscellaneous stadium security/ media people.

Meanwhile, kids all across America are playing in weekend softball/ baseball and basketball tournaments???? These lefties are just nutty??

If I'm Rob Manford, I begin the process of moving the Blue Jays out of Toronto. I'd move them to New Orleans or Nashville. It's ridiculous that Canada won't let a team play in their own ballpark, THERE ARE NO FANS!!! You'd have around 100 people at the ball park daily. The Blue Jays, their opponents, 4 umpires and probably 20-30 miscellaneous stadium security/ media people.

Meanwhile, kids all across America are playing in weekend softball/ baseball and basketball tournaments???? These lefties are just nutty??

Well...there is that tricky boarder closure that the rest of both America and Canada half to follow until at least Aug 21. It wasn't a surprise

Well...there is that tricky boarder closure that the rest of both America and Canada half to follow until at least Aug 21. It wasn't a surprise
And that makes me wonder how the Blue Jays got caught with their pants down. I mean, you had to think it was 50/50 at best that you'd play at home?

And that makes me wonder how the Blue Jays got caught with their pants down. I mean, you had to think it was 50/50 at best that you'd play at home?
The situation with the state of Florida (where the Rays play) probably was concern enough for the Canadian government to say "yeah... no." Can't put this onto the Blue Jays that much, and Canada is right to take the course of action they believe to be in the best interest of their public health.

If the NBA and MLB actually cared about people not getting the Rona, they would have played to keep people home.

I'm not sure how playing the entire season on the road is better than playing in Buffalo, even if the stadium isn't that nice. Solid job by Rob Manfred though, the season starts tomorrow and no one knows where 30 games are going to be played lol. He should've had a backup plan in place weeks ago when Canada said the Jays might not be able to play there. This would never happen in any other major sports league