Blow this thing up

Anyone know if there are other legit candidates besides McLaughlin and Hudson? In the football forum there’s a thread that said Moeller reached out to Sycamore’s coach and he wasn’t interested.

I'm sure they talked to dozens of coaches, both local and beyond, preliminarily. I do know that the only two candidates at this point are Hudson and McLaughlin. The longer this process goes, the more I think the choice will be Greg Hudson.

Personally, I really hope Asbeck isn't considering hiring Hudson because Asbeck is trying to avoid the obvious choice to exhibit that he's "the smartest guy in the room" and that it's his decision to make. The resume with Florida State and Notre Dame on it can seem flashy but Hudson has never coached at the high school level. It's a totally different game and dynamic than coaching at a high-level D1 college program. McLaughlin has experience as a head coach at the high school level, in this area and in this league. He's been successful as a coordinator at Moeller and as a head coach at three different schools now, including in the GCL. I get the appeal of both candidates but, to me, Hudson is a complete unknown when it comes to being a head coach at the high school level and McLaughlin is a well-known commodity. To me, the decision is pretty simple. Regardless, I'll support whomever they hire.

Whoever gets that job, I hope, hires an even more impressive staff that will be there in the long run.

In my opinion, the revolving door of assistant coaches had just as much to do with the current status of the football program as anything else.

Week in, week out was an absolute clown show lacking any idea of a thoughtful offensive and defensive game plan.

We do not need a 2 year fix, we need a long term hire with a new vision for what this football program should look like in 2018, not 1974.

We need to quit talking about how things are or are not like how Faust ran things 30 years ago.

Whoever gets that job, I hope, hires an even more impressive staff that will be there in the long run.

In my opinion, the revolving door of assistant coaches had just as much to do with the current status of the football program as anything else.

Week in, week out was an absolute clown show lacking any idea of a thoughtful offensive and defensive game plan.

We do not need a 2 year fix, we need a long term hire with a new vision for what this football program should look like in 2018, not 1974.

We need to quit talking about how things are or are not like how Faust ran things 30 years ago.

You make a lot of good points. Hopefully, the new coach creates a culture where assistants will want to stay and there won't be that revolving door. They need to the build the program back up. I remember a few years back I was shocked they no longer had an offensive line coach at the JV level at that time. There are some good coaches in the school. Maybe Naumann will come back on the staff with the new hire. Whoever comes in will have to do some rebuilding. The sophomore numbers were way down and the cupboard isn't exactly full going into next season. With the same schedule, I think it's going to be a rough year again next year. The key is building the thing back up again. It may take a little bit of time.

Dyer just tweeted direct quote from Pat McLaughlin that he is staying at Lasalle and is not a candidate for any other coaching vacancy.

Thanks for the info. When is the announcement?

I'm sure word will circulate this weekend but I don't know about the official release and/or press conference. I would bet Monday at the earliest given all the events (Shootout, CFB conf games, etc.) this weekend.

I'm sure word will circulate this weekend but I don't know about the official release and/or press conference. I would bet Monday at the earliest given all the events (Shootout, CFB conf games, etc.) this weekend.

Would hope it would be to the team first...

NOPE! not Hudson and now that PM officially removed his name onto a TBN (to be named) another alumni

Moe administration has screwed up royally regarding PM. He is the right choice for the job by far. They better get in front of him ASAP and change his mind.

Dave Wirth?

I'm sure he's been poking around over there, but I honestly don't see them going with him.

I could see Rosfeld being a good fit though. Played college at a high level, coached at the D1 level for years and now has college coaching experience. Plus he's well liked and respected in the Moeller community.

Dyer just tweeted direct quote from Pat McLaughlin that he is staying at Lasalle and is not a candidate for any other coaching vacancy.

So --- was PM told that he was no longer a candidate --- or did he make this decision on his own?

Didn't say anything further- didn't say if he was ever a candidate or not. I was never convinced he would come back unlike others who thought it was a slam dunk. Not sure if he expressed interest or not (my gut says he did not), but if he did "apply" and got turned down, that would be a very dumb decision.

Rosfeld was O-line coach in his previous tenure at Moeller correct? Has he ever coached elsewhere bedsides UC and Moeller?

Rosfeld was O-line coach in his previous tenure at Moeller correct? Has he ever coached elsewhere bedsides UC and Moeller?

Correct....Rosfeld was the o-line coach at Moeller and head rugby coach. He was an outstanding coach and I thought he would be a great head coach years ago......great coach..passionate..Moeller guy. Unless it changed, when he left Moeller to go to UC it was for the position of director of player development. He wasn't a coach there.

I don't know what to believe anymore with this coaching search. People said McLaughlin definitely wanted the job.....Greg Hudson came out of no where and was said to be the guy....people said Moeller reached out to Datillo at Sycamore...now Rosfeld's name is on here. Hard to tell how much truth is to any of these rumors. It's easy to throw names out.....Is Diamond Dave Angelo still tearing things up in Florida?

I'm just speculating, but I initially thought when McLaughlin came out and made the statement about staying at LaSalle he must have known Moeller was going in another direction. If he never intended to come to Moeller, he could have made that statement a long time ago. That was my initial thought.

I agree with others....Hudson or Rosfeld would be tremendous hires for Moeller.

Correct....Rosfeld was the o-line coach at Moeller and head rugby coach. He was an outstanding coach and I thought he would be a great head coach years ago......great coach..passionate..Moeller guy. Unless it changed, when he left Moeller to go to UC it was for the position of director of player development. He wasn't a coach there.

I don't know what to believe anymore with this coaching search. People said McLaughlin definitely wanted the job.....Greg Hudson came out of no where and was said to be the guy....people said Moeller reached out to Datillo at Sycamore...now Rosfeld's name is on here. Hard to tell how much truth is to any of these rumors. It's easy to throw names out.....Is Diamond Dave Angelo still tearing things up in Florida?

I'm just speculating, but I initially thought when McLaughlin came out and made the statement about staying at LaSalle he must have known Moeller was going in another direction. If he never intended to come to Moeller, he could have made that statement a long time ago. That was my initial thought.

I agree with others....Hudson or Rosfeld would be tremendous hires for Moeller.

One way or another we will know tomorrow. I didn't know Rosfeld as a coach, but as a teacher he was outstanding- have heard nothing but praise for him and obviously the connection to Moeller is as good as it gets, he lives right in the backyard for goodness sakes. His oldest son has to be close to high school age, which would certainly be a draw to be back at Moeller. Interesting that Fickells son plays football at Moeller and now Rosfeld could be coming back- wonder what conversations took place there with Moeller's influence.

One way or another we will know tomorrow. I didn't know Rosfeld as a coach, but as a teacher he was outstanding- have heard nothing but praise for him and obviously the connection to Moeller is as good as it gets, he lives right in the backyard for goodness sakes. His oldest son has to be close to high school age, which would certainly be a draw to be back at Moeller. Interesting that Fickells son plays football at Moeller and now Rosfeld could be coming back- wonder what conversations took place there with Moeller's influence.

Been watching Moeller football for a long time and I don't think I have seen another guy coach as hard as Rosfeld did on the sideline during games. He was constantly coaching the kids up from the minute they came off the field to when they went back on the field. I don't think it's any coincidence that the football team has had a hard time running the ball since he left. I don't know him personally, but from afar, he seems very positive and seems to motivate the kids. I've heard kids say they loved playing for him.

Before Moeller Rosfeld taught at Western High for a while. He also spent a training camp with the Browns as a player before getting cut. Nothing but great things about him. Spent plenty days in the weight room with him.

But with him its somewhat similar to the Datiio* or whatever the sycamore coaches name is. Doug was a captain at UC, so he has a strong emotional connection to UC as well. He does have a son, in fact has a lot of kids. But UC employees are in OPERS which is similar to the state teachers retirement aka, a lot better than Moeller's retirement plan and UC may provide a tuition waiver to employees children which would be hard to walk away from.

Before Moeller Rosfeld taught at Western High for a while. He also spent a training camp with the Browns as a player before getting cut. Nothing but great things about him. Spent plenty days in the weight room with him.

But with him its somewhat similar to the Datiio* or whatever the sycamore coaches name is. Doug was a captain at UC, so he has a strong emotional connection to UC as well. He does have a son, in fact has a lot of kids. But UC employees are in OPERS which is similar to the state teachers retirement aka, a lot better than Moeller's retirement plan and UC may provide a tuition waiver to employees children which would be hard to walk away from.

I would be surprised if Moeller could afford to pay him what he makes at UC, but maybe al of the major donors on here decided to put their $ where their mouths are OR maybe they found a way for him to still work at UC (in a sightly diffent capacity) while coaching at Moeller- That's what I meant by Fickell being involved in some negotiating conversations.

I would be surprised if Moeller could afford to pay him what he makes at UC, but maybe al of the major donors on here decided to put their $ where their mouths are OR maybe they found a way for him to still work at UC (in a sightly diffent capacity) while coaching at Moeller- That's what I meant by Fickell being involved in some negotiating conversations.

Well the school really hasn't done anything yet considering Roddy stepped down.

Possibly in a consultant type role. Head coach would be too much to handle with another full time job.

I can confirm that Greg Hudson will be the hire.

I just wanted to apologize for disseminating this incorrect information. I received this from a trusted source, whom I still trust, that's heavily involved in the football program. I don't know exactly what happened that precipitated people believing Hudson was going to be the hire and subsequently whatever occurred to change that. I'm not entirely comfortable even asking. Ultimately, I did want to say I'm sorry for passing along information that I believed to be true that apparently is not.

All this considered, from what I now BELIEVE to be the case, Doug Rosfeld is going to be the announced HC this afternoon.

I just wanted to apologize for disseminating this incorrect information. I received this from a trusted source, whom I still trust, that's heavily involved in the football program. I don't know exactly what happened that precipitated people believing Hudson was going to be the hire and subsequently whatever occurred to change that. I'm not entirely comfortable even asking. Ultimately, I did want to say I'm sorry for passing along information that I believed to be true that apparently is not.

All this considered, from what I now BELIEVE to be the case, Doug Rosfeld is going to be the announced HC this afternoon.

This is going to be a great hire! He was another one I didn't they think they could get away from his former position. I think the program will get back on track under his leadership!

This is going to be a great hire! He was another one I didn't they think they could get away from his former position. I think the program will get back on track under his leadership!

So at 3:20, let's talk about staff. This staff has not gotten it done the past couple years. Ever since McLaughlin, Klonne and Lippy left things have gone down hill fast!