Bjnc 2015

18 open:

Vanguard and attack both with decent seeds, 19 & 23.
Both have a shot to advance.

Vanguard opens with #1 Huntington Beach 8am, wed

A couple of younger teams from Ohio looking really good so far.

Vanguard 16 are in open and can finish no lower than 12 despite having a 4-4 record. It's all about winning matched when you need to advance though, which is what they are doing.

Cinci Attack 16 are in club and undefeated heading into the the third day. Hopefully a top 8 finish is in the cards if they can win a match or two against better competition today

Attack 16 goes 8-0 in Club division to go to the Gold Bracket tomorrow.

Vanguard 16 goes 0-2 today in Open to go the Silver Bracket.
Came in the 28 seed, finish will be between 9 -11.

Good showings for the Ohio boys.

Anyone know where the top players for these teams go to high school? I'm sure we will be hearing and seeing from a lot of them as juniors next year.

Bretl for Attack is next in line to be setter at X now that Beer has graduated, but I think the rest were all on JV squads

Who had the best club team of all time in Ohio? 2008 Elder probably had the best high school team overall, but I am wondering who had the best club. Thoughts?

Anyone know where the top players for these teams go to high school? I'm sure we will be hearing and seeing from a lot of them as juniors next year.

Bretl for Attack is next in line to be setter at X now that Beer has graduated, but I think the rest were all on JV squads

Nicholas Bretl - St. Xavier 2017 (Varsity)
Benjamin Chico - Centerville 2017 (Varsity)
Nicholas Everly - Moeller 2017 (JV)
Anthony Gustely - Fenwick 2017 (Varsity)
Johnathon Hendy - St. Xavier 2017 (JVA)
Henry Huber - St. Xavier 2018 (JVB)
Daniel Leuenberger - Moeller 2017 (JV)
Thomas Roberts - St. Xavier 2017 (JVA)
Alex Witte - Elder 2017 (JV)

I know Chico and Gustely were on their respective schools Varsity teams. Gustely was second on Fenwick in kills this year. Chico, if I remember correctly, was injured for part/most of the year, but is a great player.

Who had the best club team of all time in Ohio? 2008 Elder probably had the best high school team overall, but I am wondering who had the best club. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if any of the Ohio club teams were good or not for class of 2008, but three teams come to my mind on this topic.

In no particular order:

2005 Cincinnati Attack: Had both Steven Kehoe and Max Holt. Both play professionally overseas now, with Max Holt being a starter on Team USA.

2013 Vanguard: Both Kelso and Fanfulik, I think for Nationals they also grabbed Pieper from Moeller as well as multiple other Darby players from the state championship team. Likely had the top 5 players from Ohio on that team.

2015 Vanguard: I believe the first Ohio team to ever win a Bid Tournament. Consistently finishing high in all tournaments. Very consistent and solid team

Attack 16 goes 8-0 in Club division to go to the Gold Bracket tomorrow.

Vanguard 16 goes 0-2 today in Open to go the Silver Bracket.
Came in the 28 seed, finish will be between 9 -11.

Good showings for the Ohio boys.

Attack loses first match in Gold 25-19, 25-18 and finishes 5th

Vanguard loses first match in Silver 25-21, 25-15 and finishes 12th

Final places:

18 Open
#17 Vanguard 18 Gold
#25 Cincinnati Attack 18 Black

18 Club
#19 Vanguard 18 Gold Miller
#25 Air City 18 Black

17 Club
#17 Cincinnati Attack 17 Black
#21 Air City 17 Black
#29 Vanguard 17 Gold
#41 Cincinnati Thunder 16-1
#47 Cincinnati Attack 17 Gold
#55 Vanguard 17 Dublin

Got to watch some outstanding volleyball this week at bjnc.

Standouts:
Ohio Grads:
Evan Feltz - dominant in all phases of the game. Carried Vanguard in stretches at 18 open.
Tim Lab - played with Air City 18's and was a nice additional hitter for that team.

Seniors:
Ian Cowan - Ran the offense for VG 18-2 and had command of the court.
Dejon Clark - Serving and hitting well for VG 18-1.
Alec Otto - played well in the little I saw of him.

Juniors:
Robert Bowling - big time hitting from the right.

Got to watch some outstanding volleyball this week at bjnc.

Standouts:
Ohio Grads:
Evan Feltz - dominant in all phases of the game. Carried Vanguard in stretches at 18 open.
Tim Lab - played with Air City 18's and was a nice additional hitter for that team.

Seniors:
Ian Cowan - Ran the offense for VG 18-2 and had command of the court.
Dejon Clark - Serving and hitting well for VG 18-1.
Alec Otto - played well in the little I saw of him.

Juniors:
Robert Bowling - big time hitting from the right.

I watch a few of their matches and their setup was really really odd. They didn't have a true MH2 behind Schindler so they had Laib and Kuhlman playing some middle. It was pretty odd to see, but it was impressive that they were able to have success with it.