Gibbins, Jessie 5:06.22 Loveland
Spletzer, Carly 5:06.58 Lak. East
Butler, Bella 5:06.76 Oakwood
Harris, Kelsi 5:06.79 Lak. East
Jones, Caitlyn 5:07.00h Hil. Davidson
Fennimore, Erica 5:09.00h Mason
Lippincott, Hannah 5:11.99 Talawanda

Last edited:

Funny, I was going to post this exact same thing...really looking forward to Moore vs. Edwards, although that might be a more interesting race at 3200M vs. 1 mile. Too bad Nathan Mountain won't be there but should be a great race regardless.

It is too bad that Mason and Eastern are on the same weekend. I wish Wayne, Mason and Eastern (handicapped by the derby) would work out a schedule to allow the top kids to race in all three.

I haven't seen a schedule posted yet. As to the initial question of who wins, I think Edwards takes the title back to WV on the boys side and Hartman wins it for the girls.

The state meet has never had more than 1 runner under 4:08.5 in the DI/AAA race in a single year. I don't see 4 under that here. However, I do expect a lot of PRs.

Edit: Hallibran and Zishka cracked 4:08 in 1980. Boy, the memory just ain't what it used to be.

Last edited:
It is too bad that Mason and Eastern are on the same weekend. I wish Wayne, Mason and Eastern (handicapped by the derby) would work out a schedule to allow the top kids to race in all three.
Eastern has typically been much earlier in the year. Not sure if this is a permanent change.

The state meet has never had more than 1 runner under 4:08.5 in the DI/AAA race in a single year. I don't see 4 under that here. However, I do expect a lot of PRs.

Edit: Hallibran and Zishka cracked 4:08 in 1980. Boy, the memory just ain't what it used to be.
Very interesting stat. Very impressive you knew this (except for Hallibran/Zishka). You da man.

It's not the memories that are lost. It's the file allocation table (FAT) in our brains to the memories that gets messed up :)

The entire meet video is at this link, the Bizzarri mile races start around the 3:25 mark

Quick question, are you allowed to run with a watch? I didn't know that was permitted, Hartman was looking at her watch constantly,

The entire meet video is at this link, the Bizzarri mile races start around the 3:25 mark

Quick question, are you allowed to run with a watch? I didn't know that was permitted, Hartman was looking at her watch constantly,
That rule changed quite some years back. You must be as old as I am and remember it from our youth.

It was considered jewelry up until the early 90s, and thus outlawed with the rest of the jewelry during that time. I was an underclassmen when our girl's 4x400 team got disqualified at a dual/tri because one of the girls was wearing a watch. By the time I was a senior the rule changed to make a single wristwatch considered as "track equipment" and not jewelry. I had a watch on my wrist in cross country and had it programmed to beep at me when I was supposed to be going by the mile mark.

Also note...when the rule changed, I know Michigan continued to consider watches jewelry and would not allow them. runs4funs, if you are from a different state than Ohio, you might be correct that they aren't permitted in your state.