Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Worst Ever

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Never really noticed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bad and annoying, but be usually only calls bad Pac12 games late at night so I don't really care. Ducky V sucks too.

Bad, annoying and sometimes entertaining. He's a perfect match with the late night "conference of champions" games that are usually between bad to mediocre teams.

Great. Too many people are tight who wouldn't know fun if it smacked them in the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad and annoying, but be usually only calls bad Pac12 games late at night so I don't really care. Ducky V sucks too.
ducky v doesn't call duke games anymore, or its very rare. he's more tolerable than listening to thom brennamen. lo.

jtk
()

i don't listen to him for the game commentary because he's usually talking about something else, but it's hilarious how his partner(can't remember his name) deals with him. that dynamic is just funny to hear sometimes, some of the things they say, some of his responses when Walton goes off on tangents, etc. are good.

I have met Bill a couple times during business and his on TV personality is for the most part an act, his best call was his sit in during a recent MLB game. One thing I can tell you is that he is in a lot of pain and trying to manage it without taking opiods, God bless him. I give him credit too for going to Dead shows and just hanging with the fans, takes photos and is really personable to a point.

bill-walton-grateful-dead-farewell-tourjpg.jpg

i don't listen to him for the game commentary because he's usually talking about something else, but it's hilarious how his partner(can't remember his name) deals with him. that dynamic is just funny to hear sometimes, some of the things they say, some of his responses when Walton goes off on tangents, etc. are good.
Usually Dave Pasch or Jason Benetti

Both, he's good for a bit then annoying etc etc. Years back when he did nba basketball on nbc.... it was him, steve 'snapper' jones and marv albert. Walton and Jones would disagree a lot and go at it during the game lol.

Walton is good for about 2 games a season, I can't imagine listiening to him all the time. HE's just way out there, a child of the 60's

NCAA hoops is starting back up and Bill is already in the news. Supposedly they had to cut off his mic today during the IU v Texas game and now there are columns about his call yesterday and how rough they were>

I heard just a couple minutes of him today and he was babbling about something being bad for the environment. I changed the channel.

Walton is terrible. I can only guess he pays ESPN to be able to broadcast. He doesn't talk about the game, he's always babbling about things other than the game.

I don't mind it. It's a game and Bill is having fun. A tad bit more basketball talk wouldn't be horrible but I hate when announcers take the game and/or themselves too seriously.

I'd agree with hilarious. Certainly intelligent but some games a bit obsessive, like he can't turn it on and off. Gets cloying after awhile and I'd rather turn off the sound.

I feel bad for the PxP guy that has to babysit him. It used to be Dave Pasch and now it's Jason Benetti. They basically they just have to laugh/cringe at Bill's ramblings while trying to steer the conversation back to basketball thirty times per game.