Biden's planned, purposeful invasion at the border a national security threat

Tesoro

"I enjoy a good political dust-up as much as the next columnist, but the frenzy of attacks directed at President Biden from both sides regarding his handling of immigration is over the top.
Republicans continue to falsely and cynically accuse Biden of pursuing an “open border” policy. Fox News host Tucker Carlson last week openly embraced white supremacists’ “great replacement” theory, which holds that Biden is trying “to change the racial mix of the country.” Charlie Kirk, a leading pro-Trump activist, accused Biden of deliberately “diminishing and decreasing white demographics in America.”"
Sounds pretty likely to me.

19AL63

"I enjoy a good political dust-up as much as the next columnist, but the frenzy of attacks directed at President Biden from both sides regarding his handling of immigration is over the top.
Republicans continue to falsely and cynically accuse Biden of pursuing an “open border” policy. Fox News host Tucker Carlson last week openly embraced white supremacists’ “great replacement” theory, which holds that Biden is trying “to change the racial mix of the country.” Charlie Kirk, a leading pro-Trump activist, accused Biden of deliberately “diminishing and decreasing white demographics in America.”"

I know many liberal democrats do not like to hear the truth so if it bothers you just keep to the fake news media there are more than enough of those to fill you with what you want to hear.

irish_buffalo

Your understanding of history is not all that great. What is going on with illegal immigration is beyond anything we have ever had before. Do you know what immigration to the United States was from the 1920s to the 1960s. The time period the U.S. truly emerged as the greatest and most prosperous power in the world?

IMHO, we are past the point of no return and the steep decline of the U.S. will happen very quickly (over next few decades). By that point more people will be looking to leave the U.S. than will be looking to immigrate to the U.S. So in a sense the illegal immigration issue won't exist anymore, but a slew of other disastrous issues will have emerged by then, crippling a once great nation.
I love it when a dumbd$ck makes a statement as stupid as this.

The Chinese Exclusion Act was set in 1882 but for some odd reason Chinese numbers continued to grow. All kinds of Italian and E. European immigrants came through Montreal and other parts of Canada. Do you think someone just made the term WoP (Without Papers) out of thin air?

Tesoro

The Chinese Exclusion Act was set in 1882 but for some odd reason Chinese numbers continued to grow. All kinds of Italian and E. European immigrants came through Montreal and other parts of Canada. Do you think someone just made the term WoP (Without Papers) out of thin air?
So, what do you want Irish? Open borders? ya want all the hatians here? what's your end game?

ProV1

So, what do you want Irish? Open borders? ya want all the hatians here? what's your end game?
I am no fan of our immigration laws and how they are enforced. They need to be totally reformed. That said, asylum laws were written for the situation in Haiti. There are few better examples of a group of people that should utilize that program. Plus, they are hard working. We could use more of them, not less. We should consider bumping up the caps for these folks.

Tesoro

I am no fan of our immigration laws and how they are enforced. They need to be totally reformed. That said, asylum laws were written for the situation in Haiti. There are few better examples of a group of people that should utilize that program. Plus, they are hard working. We could use more of them, not less. We should consider bumping up the caps for these folks.
They don't need reformed. They need enforced.

If you can't add anything to this country with your wealth or education and only take from this country, you aren't welcome. period.

Summa

What were the numbers and percentages of the population. Wikipedia historians, LOL.

Old dumb blue collar democrats that still vote Dem. You do realize mass immigration (legal and illegal) hurts the lower class and middle class and even much of the upper class. The ultra wealthy however will become even more wealthy strengthening the oligarchy we have become. Wake up Irish if you still are deluded into believing the Dems are for the little guy. You have no clue what this country is going to be like in a very short time. Keep your head up your arse. You cannot flood a nation with massive numbers of foreigners, especially dirt poor illiterate foreigners, in short periods of time and expect the nation to survive.

Last edited:

ProV1

They don't need reformed. They need enforced.

If you can't add anything to this country with your wealth or education and only take from this country, you aren't welcome. period.
First, they are enforced. The laws suck. That shows what you know. Second, if you only took wealthy and educated in our history, your sorry a** would never be here.

chs1971

Wops - Without Papers
Micks
Krauts
Hunkys
Chinks
Wet Backs

This is nothing new. Waves of immigrants, legal and many illegal, have flooded this country. If you look, you probably have someone in your lineage who got here illegally.

I get the whole legal/illegal argument but I say bring em in legally and lets put them to work.
So all those folks who came through Ellis Island were here illegally?

BS

chs1971

. Do you think someone just made the term WoP (Without Papers) out of thin air?
Me too.

Etymology

The Merriam-Webster dictionary states wop's first known use was in the United States in 1908, and that it originates from the Southern Italian dialectal term guappo, roughly meaning "dandy", or "swaggerer", derived from the Spanish term guapo, meaning "good-looking", "dandy", from Latin vappa for "sour wine", also "worthless fellow".[2][3][4]

In Neapolitan and other Southern Italo-Romance varieties, guappo is pronounced roughly as wah-po.[5][6] As word-final vowels in Southern Italian varieties are often realised as /ə/, guappo would often sound closer to wahpp to American or Anglo ears. Guappo historically refers to a type of flashy, boisterous, swaggering, dandy-like criminal in the Naples area. The word eventually became associated with members of the Camorra and has often been used in the Naples area as a friendly or humorous term of address among men.[7] The word likely transformed into the slur "wop" following the arrival of poor Italian immigrants into the United States. Southern Italian immigrant males would often refer to one another as guappo in a jocular or playful manner; as these Italian immigrants often worked as manual laborers in the United States, their native-born American employers and fellow laborers took notice of the Italians' playful term of address and eventually began deploying it as a derogatory term for all Italians and Southern Europeans, along with the term Dago.[6] The term guappo was especially used by older Italian immigrant males to refer to the younger Italian male immigrants arriving in America.[8][5]

False etymologies

One false etymology or backronym of wop is that it is an acronym for "without passport" or "without papers", implying that Italian immigrants entered the U.S. as undocumented or illegal immigrants.[9][10][11] The term has nothing to do with immigration documents, as these were not required by U.S. immigration officers until 1924,[12] after the slur had already come into use in the United States.[10]

irish_buffalo

Me too.

Etymology

The Merriam-Webster dictionary states wop's first known use was in the United States in 1908, and that it originates from the Southern Italian dialectal term guappo, roughly meaning "dandy", or "swaggerer", derived from the Spanish term guapo, meaning "good-looking", "dandy", from Latin vappa for "sour wine", also "worthless fellow".[2][3][4]

In Neapolitan and other Southern Italo-Romance varieties, guappo is pronounced roughly as wah-po.[5][6] As word-final vowels in Southern Italian varieties are often realised as /ə/, guappo would often sound closer to wahpp to American or Anglo ears. Guappo historically refers to a type of flashy, boisterous, swaggering, dandy-like criminal in the Naples area. The word eventually became associated with members of the Camorra and has often been used in the Naples area as a friendly or humorous term of address among men.[7] The word likely transformed into the slur "wop" following the arrival of poor Italian immigrants into the United States. Southern Italian immigrant males would often refer to one another as guappo in a jocular or playful manner; as these Italian immigrants often worked as manual laborers in the United States, their native-born American employers and fellow laborers took notice of the Italians' playful term of address and eventually began deploying it as a derogatory term for all Italians and Southern Europeans, along with the term Dago.[6] The term guappo was especially used by older Italian immigrant males to refer to the younger Italian male immigrants arriving in America.[8][5]

False etymologies

One false etymology or backronym of wop is that it is an acronym for "without passport" or "without papers", implying that Italian immigrants entered the U.S. as undocumented or illegal immigrants.[9][10][11] The term has nothing to do with immigration documents, as these were not required by U.S. immigration officers until 1924,[12] after the slur had already come into use in the United States.[10]
Congrats, you figured out that WoP didn't mean what people thought according to...

You of all people know that we have had illegals for the past 100 years.

Tesoro

First, they are enforced. The laws suck. That shows what you know. Second, if you only took wealthy and educated in our history, your sorry a** would never be here.
LOL! Protug, resident immigration law expert. What laws would you like to see changed?

Hilarious. Um...my great great grandfather was a wooden shoe maker from Germany. Came into this country and purchased 40 acres and now 5 generations later our family is in the top 5 land owners in our county. So..once again, you are wrong. You have a solid track record of being wrong. Keep it up, makes for some good humor on this serious board.

OldSoulon

Wops - Without Papers
Micks
Krauts
Hunkys
Chinks
Wet Backs

This is nothing new. Waves of immigrants, legal and many illegal, have flooded this country. If you look, you probably have someone in your lineage who got here illegally.

I get the whole legal/illegal argument but I say bring em in legally and lets put them to work.
What if they don't care to work?

You do know that many coming from Central America do not even read or write in Spanish, let alone English?

ProV1

LOL! Protug, resident immigration law expert. What laws would you like to see changed?

Hilarious. Um...my great great grandfather was a wooden shoe maker from Germany. Came into this country and purchased 40 acres and now 5 generations later our family is in the top 5 land owners in our county. So..once again, you are wrong. You have a solid track record of being wrong. Keep it up, makes for some good humor on this serious board.
So I was right. How much did wooden shoemakers make in 1900? I bet he was highly educated and flush with cash? Left all that and came to America, huh? More like he was uneducated and poor when he got here. As I said, if we applied your litmus test, you would still be in Germany.

ProV1

Tesoro's grandparents could not either but they made it.
German shoemakers who only speak German are WAY better than Central American laborers who only speak Spanish. It does not matter that way more Spanish is spoken in this country than German ever was and that laborers are much more in need than shoemakers ever were. You know why those krauts are way better? I do.

Tesoro

So I was right. How much did wooden shoemakers make in 1900? I bet he was highly educated and flush with cash? Left all that and came to America, huh? More like he was uneducated and poor when he got here. As I said, if we applied your litmus test, you would still be in Germany.
Oh yea, you were right alright! You are always right. He had a skill and money enough to buy a ticket here on an oceanliner and 40 acres when he got here dipshiete.

Reactions: y2h

ProV1

Oh yea, you were right alright! You are always right. He had a skill and money enough to buy a ticket here on an oceanliner and 40 acres when he got here dipshiete.

Yeah. He likely paid about 10 bucks for his land and could make a wood shoe. What a stud.

He is no different than any of the Haitians with one exception. That's the pathetic truth.

Tesoro

Yeah. He likely paid about 10 bucks for his land and could make a wood shoe. What a stud.

He is no different than any of the Haitians with one exception. That's the pathetic truth.
Dear God, you are dumb. What was $10.00 worth in 1847 in today's dollars? Your great great grandmother had to turn tricks for a meal when she got here.

SayMyName

Wait....aren't we supposed to be concerned about Delta?

The top border official in the Biden administration admitted to being caught off guard recently by the spike in delta variant coronavirus cases among migrants at the border.

"What I didn't expect was the tragic rise of the delta variant," Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said during a Monday speech at the Migration Policy Institute's annual immigration law and policy conference in Washington. "I did not expect to be in late September where we are."

gobluetom

We have millions of jobs available that Americans will not take, because of the government abusing extending unemployment benefits.
We have a government trying to implement laws mandating vaccinations for citizens, while not vetting illegals coming into our country in droves.
Where is the security of American citizens, economic impact analysis on American citizens, and protecting of our borders?
This administration is a failure pure and simple.

OldSoulon

German shoemakers who only speak German are WAY better than Central American laborers who only speak Spanish. It does not matter that way more Spanish is spoken in this country than German ever was and that laborers are much more in need than shoemakers ever were. You know why those krauts are way better? I do.
Except German shoemakers have a marketable skill, and can read and write in German.

Most of the Central American Illegals coming here do not even read or write in Spanish, and have no marketable skill.

Do you understand the difference there?