Biden's inflation stoked to 30-year high

What does that have to do with you people destroying a vibrant economy just to win an election?

You gals sure do like to change the subject.
Wow, you really are something … you brought up the election just the post before … not me ... yet, I’m changing the subject … ???

Wow, you really are something … you brought up the election just the post before … not me ... yet, I’m changing the subject … ???

Lol

You stated inflation was the result of lockdowns not Babble's policies. I pointed out lockdowns were Babble's policies.

Then you said something stupid about millions of votes against "King Donny" upsetting me.

Now you're feigning bewilderment. You girls are so easy.

Good times.

1626295424952.png

Yep...Trump clearly wanted to shut down the country...and have everyone wear 6 masks.
Not saying it was Trump’s fault … I know he didn’t want to shut down … but it did … and it is the cause of much (not all) of the inflation … but Biden didn’t shut us down either … was not even in office when we shut down … blaming the shut down on him is equally stupid.

Americans are paying 45% more for gas, 5.6% more for milk, and 8.4% more for bacon, according to The Washington Post economics correspondent Heather Long's tweeted list of "the items really driving up inflation":

• Car rental 87.7% (y/y change)
  • Used cars 45.2%
  • Gas 45.1%
  • Laundry machines 29.4%
  • Airfare 24.6%
  • Moving 17.3%
  • Hotels 16.9%
  • Furniture 8.6%
  • Bacon 8.4%
  • TVs 7.6%
  • Fruit 7.3%
  • Shoes 6.5%
  • Fresh fish 6.4%
  • New cars 5.3%
  • Milk 5.6%
  • Rent (OER) 2.3%

Americans are paying 45% more for gas, 5.6% more for milk, and 8.4% more for bacon, according to The Washington Post economics correspondent Heather Long's tweeted list of "the items really driving up inflation":

• Used cars 45.2%
  • Gas 45.1%
  • Laundry machines 29.4%
  • Airfare 24.6%
  • Moving 17.3%
  • Hotels 16.9%
  • Furniture 8.6%
  • Bacon 8.4%
  • TVs 7.6%
  • Fruit 7.3%
  • Shoes 6.5%
  • Fresh fish 6.4%
  • New cars 5.3%
  • Milk 5.6%
  • Rent (OER) 2.3%
Isn't our lives better now without those evil mean tweets?

I've always found it interesting how one's political filter impacts how they emotionally perceive economic reality.

On my side, if pro small business policies are in place, I feel really good about things. As a general rule, those policies (low tax, low reg) are the best for the most, but I dont really focus on any struggling segments of the economy.

On the other side, the Left is incapable of acknowledging the best for the most policies because the wrong, evil side is doing them. Add in Orange Man and TDS and the economy was bad because Orange Man Bad and the present economy is all good because Uncle Joe Good.

Of course the problem for lefties is that while many common people may not understand some basic economic principles, they do know what they are paying out for basic needs - and they will eventually tie paying more to the party running things.

Let's go JOE!!!!!!

The misery index, a measure started under President Lyndon Johnson, is a simple measure combining the unemployment rate and the inflation rate. The idea being that joblessness and a fast-rising cost of living produces palpable misery in the country.

The index has long been forgotten because it’s been so low for so long. It hit a high of 21.9 under Jimmy Carter way back in 1980, but by the end of President Reagan’s first term, it had been cut in half. The average under President Donald Trump was just 6.9.

The misery index spiked at the start of the COVID-19 lockdowns, jumping from 5.94 to over 15 in one month with the surge in unemployment. But then it quickly dissipated, as the economy under Trump rebounded faster than the so-called experts had predicted. By the time Trump left office, the misery index was back down to 7.7.

The misery index has climbed each and every month that Joe Biden has been president. In February, it ticked up to 7.9, then rose to 8.6 in March. Last month, the misery index hit 11.3, as the monthly inflation rate climbed to 5.4% while the unemployment rate edged up to 5.9%.

That means the misery index is now higher than it has been (pre-pandemic) since the Great Recession. It’s also higher than the post-World War II average of 9.2. Under Trump, it averaged 6.9, the third-lowest of any postwar president.

I love how they have gas tankers waiting in a long, long line at sea. I wonder why? The gas is out there waiting, but they can't unload.

• Used cars 45.2%
  • Gas 45.1%
  • Laundry machines 29.4%
  • Airfare 24.6%
  • Moving 17.3%
  • Hotels 16.9%
  • Furniture 8.6%
  • Bacon 8.4%
  • TVs 7.6%
  • Fruit 7.3%
  • Shoes 6.5%
  • Fresh fish 6.4%
  • New cars 5.3%
  • Milk 5.6%
  • Rent (OER) 2.3%
yes , but what about Hotdogs?

Let's go JOE!!!!!!

The misery index, a measure started under President Lyndon Johnson, is a simple measure combining the unemployment rate and the inflation rate. The idea being that joblessness and a fast-rising cost of living produces palpable misery in the country.

The index has long been forgotten because it’s been so low for so long. It hit a high of 21.9 under Jimmy Carter way back in 1980, but by the end of President Reagan’s first term, it had been cut in half. The average under President Donald Trump was just 6.9.

The misery index spiked at the start of the COVID-19 lockdowns, jumping from 5.94 to over 15 in one month with the surge in unemployment. But then it quickly dissipated, as the economy under Trump rebounded faster than the so-called experts had predicted. By the time Trump left office, the misery index was back down to 7.7.

The misery index has climbed each and every month that Joe Biden has been president. In February, it ticked up to 7.9, then rose to 8.6 in March. Last month, the misery index hit 11.3, as the monthly inflation rate climbed to 5.4% while the unemployment rate edged up to 5.9%.

That means the misery index is now higher than it has been (pre-pandemic) since the Great Recession. It’s also higher than the post-World War II average of 9.2. Under Trump, it averaged 6.9, the third-lowest of any postwar president.
that my liberal friends..... is on Banjo Boy....

Let's go JOE!!!!!!

just FACTS!!!

• Used cars 45.2%
  • Gas 45.1%
  • Laundry machines 29.4%
  • Airfare 24.6%
  • Moving 17.3%
  • Hotels 16.9%
  • Furniture 8.6%
  • Bacon 8.4%
  • TVs 7.6%
  • Fruit 7.3%
  • Shoes 6.5%