Biden's inflation stoked to 30-year high

Qcity

Core CPI, which strips out volatile food and energy components, rose 4.5%, the sharpest move for that measure since September 1991.

How delightful.

Great way to impoverish those in the middle class. Liberalism ALWAYS generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.

I have a question I wrote a few days ago how packages of food are made smaller and keep the same price do they get figured into inflation numbers? Cost goes up just not at easy to notice.

“The headline CPI numbers have shock value, for sure; however, once you realize that a third of the increase is used car prices, the transitory picture becomes more clear,” wrote Jamie Cox, managing partner at Harris Financial Group.

From OP's link.

Nothing to see here, move along.

“The headline CPI numbers have shock value, for sure; however, once you realize that a third of the increase is used car prices, the transitory picture becomes more clear,” wrote Jamie Cox, managing partner at Harris Financial Group.

From OP's link.

Rising cars prices disproportionately hurt black people who buy more used cars than new cars, racist.

The new car and truck dealership keeps telling me they want to buy my 2018 pickup but when I ask what have you got for new they say none and it looks like a 14 to17 week wait if you order a new one. In fact they only had 7 new vehicles on the whole lot and none were of the pickup tuck kind. I thought about building my own vehicle out of wood but after I figured out how much that would cost I realized it would be better if I could buy metal and built by others.

The new car and truck dealership keeps telling me they want to buy my 2018 pickup but when I ask what have you got for new they say none and it looks like a 14 to17 week wait if you order a new one. In fact they only had 7 new vehicles on the whole lot and none were of the pickup tuck kind. I thought about building my own vehicle out of wood but after I figured out how much that would cost I realized it would be better if I could buy metal and built by others.
Perhaps we could began gathering aluminum cans which we can meltdown into sheet metal

From OP's link.

You can try to explain it away any way you want, but that is a FAIL.

Gasoline - way up

Natural gas - way up

Food - way up

Housing - way up

Destroying the middle class through inflation is quite insidious.

Then add in taxes - going way up.

WHAT A DISASTER.

OWN IT.

You can try to explain it away any way you want, but that is a FAIL.

Gasoline - way up

Natural gas - way up

Food - way up

Housing - way up

Destroying the middle class through inflation is quite insidious.

Then add in taxes - going way up.

WHAT A DISASTER.

OWN IT.
They will never admit they own it, but they do.

I have a question I wrote a few days ago how packages of food are made smaller and keep the same price do they get figured into inflation numbers? Cost goes up just not at easy to notice.
Started years ago when that half gallon of ice cream was no longer a half gallon LOL

That is a darn good question. If they only look at price per unit ( 1 loaf of bread) then no, shrinkage would not show up in inflation.

My guess is they look at cost per measurable amount like price per ounce.

I remember back when bulk foods started appearing in the groceries back in the 1990's that affected core inflation numbers as did the move to generic brand products. Then it was decided to drop food and energy from CPI numbers.

While the consumer certainly feels the inflationary pressure of shrinkage, generally the producer of the product recaptures almost zero labor savings per unit sold by shrinking . Nearly all savings are product input savings. With automation today, businesses are rewarded for every gram they can eliminate while holding cost to consumer same per unit sold.

From OP's link.

So 2/3 are from everything else...wow I feel much better now.

1626262895772.png

The question is why are the prices are up … my bet is that it is more about the lock downs we were in then the current President’s policies … but I know none of Trump loving cult will be able to make the connection or admit to this … so enjoy you Biden bashing.

The question is why are the prices are up … my bet is that it is more about the lock downs we were in then the current President’s policies … but I know none of Trump loving cult will be able to make the connection or admit to this … so enjoy you Biden bashing.

Well, since the forever lockdowns were the fault of Moonbats, and Babbles is the leader of the Moonbats, bashing Moonbats and their leader seems on point.

What you people did to win an election is disgusting.

Well, since the forever lockdowns were the fault of Moonbats, and Babbles is the leader of the Moonbats, bashing Moonbats and their leader seems on point.

What you people did to win an election is disgusting.
Yea … I see where having millions of people vote against King Donny would upset you … sorry

I should have also mentioned most times when people are on unemployment jobs a scarce so if a job is found you take it, now at this time there seems to be a help wanted sign on every business so no worry about finding a job, they feel safe riding the unemployment to the end.

Since I get a welfare check each month from the Govt. you know the welfare plan called SS. Cant wait to see what kind of cost of living raise we get this year. At least the last time inflation went wild interest went up at the same time so if you were wise or lucky enough to have some saving at least the money kept up with the cost of living. Now we have artificially kept interest rates. Cant' let the rates go up with the amount of govt debt we are now carrying. So now if you have savings you get to watch it lose buying power each and everyday. My bet is the cost of living raise will be less than half of what inflation really was. That seems to be the what happens year after year.

What does that have to do with you people destroying a vibrant economy just to win an election?

You gals sure do like to change the subject.
I'm sure the rednecks fishing at Indian Lake know a lot more about viruses than Doctors who spent their entire adult lives studying the subject.