Better Conference in 2019: AAC or ACC

Which is the better football conference in 2019, the AAC or the ACC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Overall? The AAC. If you were ranking all the teams in the conferences Clemson would be at the top by far followed by Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis, UCF, heck even Navy who is quietly 6-1. Temple and Wake Forest round out the top tiers with a big log jam in the 5-3 to 3-5 range.

Overall? The AAC. If you were ranking all the teams in the conferences Clemson would be at the top by far followed by Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis, UCF, heck even Navy who is quietly 6-1. Temple and Wake Forest round out the top tiers with a big log jam in the 5-3 to 3-5 range.
In my opinion, if you put any of those AAC teams into the ACC their record would not be as good, due to the week to week of facing better overall rosters and athletes. The ACC is certainly in a down year, though.

4 of the top 5 teams are AAC. After that it’s mostly ACC in the next 6. I’ll give a slight nod to AAC.

Clemson vs. Cincinnati
Louisville vs. SMU
Wake Forest vs. Memphis
Virginia vs. Navy
Virginia Tech vs. UCF
Miami vs. Tulane
Pitt vs. Temple
UNC vs. USF
Florida State vs. Houston
Boston College vs. Tulsa
Duke vs. ECU
NC State vs. UConn

Georgia Tech*
Syracuse*

I think the ACC would win the majority of the games, but most would be competitive.

My predictions based on infinite knowledge of football:

Clemson vs. Cincinnati
Louisville vs. SMU
Wake Forest
vs. Memphis
Virginia vs. Navy
Virginia Tech vs. UCF
Miami
vs. Tulane
Pitt vs. Temple
UNC
vs. USF
Florida State vs. Houston
Boston College vs. Tulsa
Duke vs. ECU
NC State vs. UConn

I should have had an additional option, they are basically equal. Clemson would dominate any of these teams but the motivation of the AAC players and coaches for not having access to the playoff party and if they were to pay a series of challenge games on neutral fields would probably lead to the AAC winning most of the other match ups.

This conversation is telling! People have scoffed for years at the idea that the AAC will ever be more than a mid-major, but it is just one elite program away from rivaling the ACC!! It is too bad UCF could not continue their momentum this season.