Bestest Hot Dogs

What is the best hot dog brand (poll) and your favorite dog house/dog?

• Nathan's

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Oscar Mayer

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Trader Joe's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hebrew National

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Sabrett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

The kind that have ketchup on them are the best.

Ballpark is pretty reliable. Don’t know if I’ve had Nathan’s.

Last edited:
I will only eat Hebrew National. I’ve tried Nathan’s and all the other all beef dogs over the years, but the HN dogs have by far the best taste and texture. Just the right garlic snap to it.

Hot dogs are hot dogs to me and are only really that good in a certain environment, like a cookout on a hot summer day or a ballgame.

Hot dogs are hot dogs to me and are only really that good in a certain environment, like a cookout on a hot summer day or a ballgame.
That’s interesting. I like corndogs, and even though I could have them daily if I so desire I only get them at an outdoor fair or festival.

Best Hot Dog place......head to Maddogs in downtown Marysville.

OUTFREAKING STANDING!

They opened 3 days before Dictator DeWine shut down the state.

But they survived.

It is excellent and have a great selection of adult beverages.

I prefer Kahn's first and Oscar Mayer second. Oscar Mayer is packaged in two resealable packs, which I like, but I probably pay more for.

I'm not a fan of all-beef hot dogs.

Sporting events usually have the best hot dogs. Or a hot dog off the grill, slightly burnt.

I will only eat Hebrew National. I’ve tried Nathan’s and all the other all beef dogs over the years, but the HN dogs have by far the best taste and texture. Just the right garlic snap to it.
Usually I’m just a mustard guy, but if I’m putting a little time into making my hot dogs, I’ll actually add garlic directly on it. Good stuff

Hot dogs at home are generally a disappointment, regardless of brand. Throw them on a flat top grill or put them in a hot dog cart and they become delicious.

My favorite hot dog place in the entire world is the Jib Jab in Girard.

Last edited:
Garlic. Mm-mmm! I'll have to check HN out. Grilled absolutely better than nuked. Ketchup and mustard. Sometimes onions and relish if I'm ambitious.

Winners, you can literally charge double in our area, at sporting events ect. and sell more than the other brands.

I always liked dogs growing up, but wife is not a fan of what she terms mystery meat. After reading the article going to try some Hebrew National when I get the chance.

Winners, you can literally charge double in our area, at sporting events ect. and sell more than the other brands.
Love Winners, no doubt about that!

Put a dog over a fire, on a grill, and they are goooood eatin'!

WOrse dogs.....the dime a dog nights. Man....cheap but they use the worst quality dog and make them en masse and are not good.

but ill still smash a dollar of them!

I prefer Kahn's first and Oscar Mayer second. Oscar Mayer is packaged in two resealable packs, which I like, but I probably pay more for.

I'm not a fan of all-beef hot dogs.

Sporting events usually have the best hot dogs. Or a hot dog off the grill, slightly burnt.
I agree with you, I like Kahn's the best (also like Kahn's bologna)...

For national brands I like the uncured nitrate free ones, Hebrew National is solid.

Best hot dog stand/restaurant/Coney type place is the Hot Dog Shoppe in Warren, OH. (By the way I really don't get Tony Packo's, not bad but way over priced for a hot dog.)

Best sports event hot dog is the Euclid HS Booster Dog>

I like Tony Packo's, but those aren't what I consider hot dogs...more like a polska kielbasa, or smoked sausage.

For national brands I like the uncured nitrate free ones, Hebrew National is solid.

Best hot dog stand/restaurant/Coney type place is the Hot Dog Shoppe in Warren, OH. (By the way I really don't get Tony Packo's, not bad but way over priced for a hot dog.)

Best sports event hot dog is the Euclid HS Booster Dog>

I give props to Lima Shawnee hot dogs at baseball games and the Grand Lake Mariners, in Celina, of the GLCL Wood Bat League, as the best local game hot dogs.

Of course, havent had Euclid's. Dont think you can get there from here.....

As stated before Mad Dogs in Marysville is the best hot dog restaurant i have ever eaten....

I like Tony Packo's, but those aren't what I consider hot dogs...more like a polska kielbasa, or smoked sausage.

They do sell a "hot dog" which is kind of a regular hot dog. When people comment on Packos, unless they describe exactly what they got it's impossible to know what they're rating. I never actually went there as a kid, we couldn't afford it. But as an adult, two of the hungarians, a bowl of chili and a side of peppers is one of my favorite meals. But prices have gotten crazy since this current lunkhead won a lawsuit against the sister so it's mostly locals on fat 70s retirement checks and visitors.

Last time I was in Chicago, we got those all-beef italian. Those were good. Of course the environment along the river didn't hurt.

One other oddity I have with Hot Dogs, I like them burnt to a crisp. I’ll eat pretty much every other meat medium rare but hot dogs I like completely charred