best team you’ve seen in person

I remember watching them dismantle Archbold and a good Mechanicsburg on consecutive weeks and the thing that stuck out to me is that I have never seen offensive linemen hustle for downfield blocks the way Anna's did. There was one play where the ball carrier reversed field a couple of times vs Archbold and the o-linemen caught up to and beat him to the goal line. There were two guys that blocked their man all the way out of the back of the end zone, I had never seen that before. Their kickoff team was also something to behold, when blockers engaged them they were literally lifting kids off their feet. It was a clinic on effort.
That was most complete team in the MAC since probably 2014 Marion Local. They dusted a very good Minster team in the first round whichcould have gone to state that year had Anna not been around.

As an ML guy, I’m not sure we win 2 of 10 games against that Anna team. We got em on the right night.
I was just trying to be funny due to the topic. There's always posters posting about their championship team instead of actually answering the question with no bias.

Hard to argue with the Doss led McKinley teams with Peterson, Hooks, Rozier and the rest. Doss may have also been the most impactful high school player I have seen, along with Clarett.

2001 D-5, St Peter Chanel 15-0, TB Tony Franklin rushed for 3,439 yds behind a fantastic offensive line, Firebirds beat D-3 Champ Lake Catholic during the season.
1974 Warren Harding
1989 St Joe's

I saw the 1993 team play but I did not see any of the other great teams play but I would think that Saint Ignatius team would be up there.

Not an Anna fan so not sure why you assumed that, Anna turned the ball over multiple times and gave the game to Marion, they were the much better team, happened to have one bad night…
Goodwin also had a master game plan for them that night. He spread out his linebackers and squeezed his lineman to make their very fast Qb-Rb duo run sideline to sideline instead of being able to get vertical. The ML defense was on point that night and I think they would go 5-5 against that Anna team. I'm not convinced of this whole 2-8 thing everyone keeps saying. But I agree with you that this Anna team was the most fun team in the MAC to watch over the last how many years. They kind of came out of nowhere.

1971 Troy Trojans 10-0 15 D-1 players and 2 to the NFL.
The '71 Troy Trojans, the '76 Centerville Elks, the '99 Wayne Warriors & the '83 Centerville Elks are the best teams I personally ever saw live in Ohio and are arguably the best ever DI teams from Dayton.
The '04 Colerain Cardinals were the best Ohio team I ever saw on film and the '06 Concord DeLaSalle Calif. team that played in the Herbstreit Classic was the best HS team I've ever seen anywhere.

They lost to Elder in both 2002 and 2003 in the Region 4 championship. In 03 they were the first only team to score more than 7 points in the playoffs against Elder.
They were pretty good in 2005 and 2006 as well, losing only close games to the eventual 15-0 state champions each year.

They were pretty good in 2005 and 2006 as well, losing only close games to the eventual 15-0 state champions each year.
I couldn't remember if Colerain lost to St. X head-to-head in 2005 or not. (I think I might have actually been at that game.)

As you mentioned, Colerain lost to 15-0 Hilliard Davidson in 2006 and also 15-0 St. Xavier in the Region 4 championship in 2007, too. In 2008, they lost in OT to state runner-up Elder in the R4 championship. I doubt Colerain's run of success over 20 years will come close to ever being equaled by another GMC team.

Before there was oh-so-close Springfield there was

2010-2012 Whitmer
2010 L in semis by 10 to eventual champ St Ed
2011 L in semis by 9 to eventual champ St I
2012 L in final by 8 to Moeller

Under-rated were supposed to get dusted in all those games, particularly Moeller. They'd never seen a line that big. One or two P5 D1 recruits I think. Several others grabbed what they could at MAC level or walk-on and became leaders of their college teams. A few had a taste in the NFL. Storm Norton a solid career. Those were exciting, low mistake teams.

2013 or 2014 - Whatever year St. Vincent St. Mary had Booker, Campbell, Williams and a cast of other guys who's names escape me as seniors That team was just great to watch. If I recall they had a defensive line that had brothers that wrestled and an end that played football at Akron. That defensive line gave teams fits.

2013 or 2014 - Whatever year St. Vincent St. Mary had Booker, Campbell, Williams and a cast of other guys who's names escape me as seniors That team was just great to watch. If I recall they had a defensive line that had brothers that wrestled and an end that played football at Akron. That defensive line gave teams fits.
That team was loaded. Back to back state champs