5 Jameire Robinson Austintown Fitch 179-8
From Milesplit

1 Thomas Rimac Brunswick 183-1
2 Colt Sechrest Bellaire 182-7
3 Emmanuel Powell Canton Mckinley 182-6
4 Owen Wendell Med Highland 181-3
5 Jameire Robinson Austintown Fitch 179-8
From Milesplit
Norwayne's Colby Morlock threw 184-11 at Smithville's McCay Relays on 4-10. Not sure why that throw didn't make it onto milesplit since the meet results are on baumspage. Like Powell, Morlock is a junior.

Wendl threw his season best of 181-3 the same day at West Holmes. The top 3 at that meet threw past 160', and 3rd place in the shot put was 55' 5".

I know the best Shot I've seen is 63' and some change from Gabe Hickman, Turpin High school.
where did Hickman throw over 63, He threw 62'11" at his league meet.
Tomas Rimac of Brunsman threw 63'11¼" at the Brunsman District meet.,
DIII Ryan Henry of McDonald became the sixth thrower over 60 with his 60'2" at his district meet, also over 60' at his regional at 60'1½".

Last edited:
where did Hickman throw over 63, He threw 62'11" at his league meet.
Tomas Rimac of Brunsman threw 63'11¼" at the Brunsman District meet.,
DIII Ryan Henry of McDonald became the sixth thrower over 60 with his 60'2" at his district meet, also over 60' at his regional at 60'1½".
I don't know where he threw it. The league website says his best throw this year was a 63' 5.5"

I don't know where he threw it. The league website says his best throw this year was a 63' 5.5"
Pretty sure it was at the Anderson "Game of Throws" meet May 4th. Don't know if the results are hosted online anywhere.

Assuming the shot pit has not moved since my days throwing their I thought it went down into the wooded creek area around 60 feet.
It does. It's still a longer sector than when it was located at the the track next to the shed. I set my 16 lb shot PR in the old ring.

It does. It's still a longer sector than when it was located at the the track next to the shed. I set my 16 lb shot PR in the old ring.
Loved warming up with the 16lb shot. My PR was slightly higher with that than the 12lb.

I remember thinking that Munoz was going to bomb it into the woods. He was younger at the time and did not make it which still makes me sad.

I remember thinking that Munoz was going to bomb it into the woods. He was younger at the time and did not make it which still makes me sad.
Yep. I was coaching in that same district in '96-'97. Saw Munoz & his dad there several times.

Yep. I was coaching in that same district in '96-'97. Saw Munoz & his dad there several times.

Those were some good years. I think it was Edwards from Moeller (placed in shot if memory is right), Munoz, kid from Amelia was pretty good too. My Teammate Jim Landers was really good and maybe one of the smallest SQ's I can remember in disc (1999). I remember coaches pointing at him and telling their guys if you worked on technique like him just imagine what you could do.

NBC obviously doesn't know how to do math, either. He broke Barnes' world record by 10", not 8".

Those were some good years. I think it was Edwards from Moeller (placed in shot if memory is right), Munoz, kid from Amelia was pretty good too. My Teammate Jim Landers was really good and maybe one of the smallest SQ's I can remember in disc (1999). I remember coaches pointing at him and telling their guys if you worked on technique like him just imagine what you could do.
I always pull for the small guy with excellent technique...I was one of them in the early 80s and out-threw a lot of bigger guys.

I always pull for the small guy with excellent technique...I was one of them in the early 80s and out-threw a lot of bigger guys.

I never could match his technique. I was a solid shot putter and not much bigger. My main issue was my hips. As a kid I was in tractions for two years and to this day I have flexibility issues in my hips (I was a golf professional for years and fought the same issue). I really wonder how much better I could have done If I could ever get the lower body to synch up correctly.