Best QB in the NFL

Best QB in the NFL

• Patrick Mahomes

• Russell Wilson

• Aaron Rodgers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Last year would have been Mahomes, this year I go with Russell Wilson from a whole pack of Badgers.

I went Mahomes too, but damn has Wilson been good this season. Every ball that guy throws is on the money.

I've never been a big fan, but Dak Prescott has been awfully good this year.

Not taht he is the best anymore, but Brady showing some dementia on the field last night.......

Historically some of the best QBs in the history of the NFL have maybe held on a little too long and have finished their career in a different jersey, usually to very mixed results:

From nfl.com's top 25 list the top 4 did just this:
1)
brady-buccs.jpg

2)
5445897.jpg

3)
jsrfmnogm9v3kdor5eee.jpg

4)
Unitas_Johnny_Chargers.jpg

Manning went to two Super Bowls and won one with the Broncos. Tough to say he held on too long, even if his last SB performance wasn't good.

Brady is a timing QB. It's not shocking to see some of the struggles he's had. The mental gaffes are probably part of the frustration. We'll see how he looks in a couple months.

Manning went to two Super Bowls and won one with the Broncos. Tough to say he held on too long, even if his last SB performance wasn't good.

Brady is a timing QB. It's not shocking to see some of the struggles he's had. The mental gaffes are probably part of the frustration. We'll see how he looks in a couple months.

I will give you Peyton Manning and that is why I said it was a mixed bag. But those Bronco teams were really about the defense and that is why they were in those Super Bowls. The Jonny U time in SD was a complete disaster, he ended up starting only 4 games going 1-3 with a rating of 40. Not the way to finish a career.

I will give you Peyton Manning and that is why I said it was a mixed bag. But those Bronco teams were really about the defense and that is why they were in those Super Bowls. The Jonny U time in SD was a complete disaster, he ended up starting only 4 games going 1-3 with a rating of 40. Not the way to finish a career.

Manning - in Denver
- 2012: 37 TDs, 4600+ yards passing
- 2013: 55 TDs, 5400+ yards MVP
- 2014: 39 TDs, 4700+ yards

Not too bad. He was the reason they went to the Super Bowl. Defense was very good also.

Back to this thread - I voted Wilson. He has been a consistent winner. Throws the best deep ball in the league. Avoids big hits and scrambles as needed. Smart. I need to see Mahomes a few more years, with a less talented surrounding cast, before I put him ahead of Wilson and Rodgers.

Tough question. I think Wilson is MVP but as much as I can’t stand him I don’t know if I could take anyone over A Rod right now. Mahomes will run the league for the next decade though.

Think you can remove Josh Allen from the recommendation list/post.

I think Mahomes is the most electric, I think Russell Wilson is the most “valuable”, I think Aaron Rogers is the most determined this year.

I am in the group that thinks MVP is different from best player, valuable means valuable, does the most for his team.

I think R Wilson is both THIS YEAR. KC had terrible game against the now 1-4 Chargers and lost to the then 2-2 Raiders at home. Can’t really say Mahomes is the best at this point

Still going with Rodgers at this point. He’s been putting up huge numbers throwing to nobodies with Adams out. Wilson has the luxury of a great WR corps. He can just chuck it downfield and let those guys do the work.

Think you can remove Josh Allen from the recommendation list/post.

I think Mahomes is the most electric, I think Russell Wilson is the most “valuable”, I think Aaron Rogers is the most determined this year.

I am in the group that thinks MVP is different from best player, valuable means valuable, does the most for his team.

I think R Wilson is both THIS YEAR. KC had terrible game against the now 1-4 Chargers and lost to the then 2-2 Raiders at home. Can’t really say Mahomes is the best at this point

Why, because Allen had an average game against the Titans? If Allen's game against TN is an example of his new floor, then the Bills are set at QB for the next 10 years.

Bottom line is it's still way to early to say who is the best QB in the NFL this year. Just ask Aaron Rogers. Hell, when all is said and done maybe it will be Tom Brady.

Why, because Allen had an average game against the Titans? If Allen's game against TN is an example of his new floor, then the Bills are set at QB for the next 10 years.

Bottom line is it's still way to early to say who is the best QB in the NFL this year. Just ask Aaron Rogers. Hell, when all is said and done maybe it will be Tom Brady.

yes, because until the other QBs in discussion have similarly bad games, you can not make an argument for Allen, and now for Rodgers.

if and when Wilson has a terrible game, then we can go back to comparing whole body of work.

but for now, they are both out of the discussion.

Mahomes is the best in the NFL. Jackson and Russell seem more like system QB’s. Nothing special like Mahomes

Mahomes is the best in the NFL. Jackson and Russell seem more like system QB’s. Nothing special like Mahomes

I'd say that about Wilson if Seattle was running something different or novel like Arizona or Baltimore, but he's running a pretty vanilla offense in Seattle. With is accuracy and touch, he'd be successful anywhere.

yeah, this argument didn’t survive very long

yeah, this argument didn’t survive very long

It's a long season. And like I said when all is said and done maybe Tom Brady emerges as the best QB in the NFL this year. Or how abut Big Ben? He's having a great year on what may be the NFL's best team?

But to dismiss Rogers & Allen over a bad game is shortsighted.

To be honest I think it's Mahomes & Wilson's to lose. Allen will finish as a top 10 QB - which is a huge improvement from his 2018 rookie season. IMO Big Ben, Rogers & Brady all could steal it if Mahomes or Wilson cool off.

It's a long season. And like I said when all is said and done maybe Tom Brady emerges as the best QB in the NFL this year. Or how abut Big Ben? He's having a great year on what may be the NFL's best team?

But to dismiss Rogers & Allen over a bad game is shortsighted.

To be honest I think it's Mahomes & Wilson's to lose. Allen will finish as a top 10 QB - which is a huge improvement from his 2018 rookie season. IMO Big Ben, Rogers & Brady all could steal it if Mahomes or Wilson cool off.

I never said Allen was trash or didn’t belong in NFL, but the post/thread is about the best in the entire league.

Anyone who would argue that Allen is in THAT discussion is just a Bills homer at this point.