Best Finals Celebration?

09F56245-7225-4B87-ACE4-B03207350E28.jpeg

Well, I am old. But my favorite celebrations are the guys with a big hug to their opponent as a show of respect and then go hug their coaches as a show of gratitude for the ones that helped them get there.
I don't begrudge any kids for celebrating how they want--but to me all the premeditated celebrations and the solo celebrations are certainly self-indulgent by comparison. Again--I am not bothered by it because it is all joy.
But my FAVORITES per the question asked are the guys that look to lift up the people around them first. In today's me-first society, there is something special about the kids that aren't pining for individual "look at me" attention.

Well, I am old. But my favorite celebrations are the guys with a big hug to their opponent as a show of respect and then go hug their coaches as a show of gratitude for the ones that helped them get there.
I don't begrudge any kids for celebrating how they want--but to me all the premeditated celebrations and the solo celebrations are certainly self-indulgent by comparison. Again--I am not bothered by it because it is all joy.
But my FAVORITES per the question asked are the guys that look to lift up the people around them first. In today's me-first society, there is something special about the kids that aren't pining for individual "look at me" attention.
The videos of kids running to hug their parents get me everytime!

I get it I would hope if my son so happened to win a state title he would do something fun for himself he did all the hard work I'm just a passenger in the car he's driving.

I feel any respectful celebration is warranted. These kids put in a lot of work, and as along as they aren't doing anything brash or hurtful to the opponent they just beat, then let it fly. Many people don't know these kids stories. I know the Shore family, and it was important that the win was for both brother. He honored Cooper. For Shumate, the backflip probably released some energy (and he just beat the kid that beat him last week). For some, they flex, heck yeah. And I can only speak for Tyler Lillard, that kid dances ALL OF THE TIME. I definitely knew he IF he won, he was going to break out a dance (and point to his mom ;) ). Congratulations to all of the champions, and now it is time for some laces and throws!

I feel any respectful celebration is warranted. These kids put in a lot of work, and as along as they aren't doing anything brash or hurtful to the opponent they just beat, then let it fly. Many people don't know these kids stories. I know the Shore family, and it was important that the win was for both brother. He honored Cooper. For Shumate, the backflip probably released some energy (and he just beat the kid that beat him last week). For some, they flex, heck yeah. And I can only speak for Tyler Lillard, that kid dances ALL OF THE TIME. I definitely knew he IF he won, he was going to break out a dance (and point to his mom ;) ). Congratulations to all of the champions, and now it is time for some laces and throws!
When Tyler hit the griddy I went crazy ? great young man who loves to have fun.

Cornell Beachem did a cart wheel into a backflip. Would of laughed if Charles threw out a challenge brick; Cornell was holding back on the elevation.

When Tyler hit the griddy I went crazy ? great young man who loves to have fun.
AWWWWW THANKS. I was actually doing it with him. We will be posting that video soon. It was funny. I didn't realize I was doing it. And his college coach was sitting next to me, Coach Escobedo, and he said "that was a nice griddy" (about Tyler of course). HAHAHAHA