Best Alliance Basketball players of All-Time

Alot of greats but I would have to say..

Kevin Gaffney
Tom Schaffer
Earl Hill
Jerry Williams
Darius Offill
Marcus Miller
Javon Harris

in no particular order

i really liked to watch demarcus nolen and chet bryant jr....they were some special aviators that i believe should be on that great list of aviators....

Agreed Sportsguy, Bryant was really really good........ if Calvin Bradford could have played, I thought he was a great player.......

That's right Nick Holly was one of the best point guards in hte 80's he was famous for his ' set it up' play it was unstoppable!

thats too much LOL LOL But the greatest Pt guard of all time was Jeff Graffice ...just to hairy couldn't get close to him.....LOllol ask Bill Robinson from McKinley 25-20

Are you people serious chester harper by far was the best ever from Alliance he owns all the records their. Also he's ranked in the top 20 in Stark County history list.

Chester was good but Kevin Gaffeny was the man!!

Harper handled the ball better shot better,more moves way better 'D" and could get up. He is the all time leading scorer their and is tops in all other stats. Take a look in history my friend do some research one of the top 20 in Stark County history not just Alliance I believe he's #15.

Harper handled the ball better shot better,more moves way better 'D" and could get up. He is the all time leading scorer their and is tops in all other stats. Take a look in history my friend do some research one of the top 20 in Stark County history not just Alliance I believe he's #15.

I understand what you are are talking about my friend...I have been attending Alliance games since about 1965..just talking about what someone has accomplish by his stats alone doesn't equate that this player is better then this... you have to look at the whole picture.....Chet could score make no doubt about that but he also had a good cast around him that contribute also .....plus athletically alot of the teams Harper played agaisn't couldn't handle a candle to the teams Kevin played agaisn't...plus with the addition of the 3pt line , which Chet took advantage of, Chet's ppg was higher than Kevin..but if you have researched it alot of Kevin's shots were in the 3pt range....so just in my opinion..noone's elses..Kevin was the best!!!

I understand what you are are talking about my friend...I have been attending Alliance games since about 1965..just talking about what someone has accomplish by his stats alone doesn't equate that this player is better then this... you have to look at the whole picture.....Chet could score make no doubt about that but he also had a good cast around him that contribute also .....plus athletically alot of the teams Harper played agaisn't couldn't handle a candle to the teams Kevin played agaisn't...plus with the addition of the 3pt line , which Chet took advantage of, Chet's ppg was higher than Kevin..but if you have researched it alot of Kevin's shots were in the 3pt range....so just in my opinion..noone's elses..Kevin was the best!!!

I hope your not saying the competiton Kevin played was better then Chester's era. Kevin was a good player make no mistake about that, but athletically Kevin was limited not a great jumper not quick at all he was big with a soft touch from the outside.You put Harper in any era and he would be one of the best as he was when played.

I hope your not saying the competiton Kevin played was better then Chester's era. Kevin was a good player make no mistake about that, but athletically Kevin was limited not a great jumper not quick at all he was big with a soft touch from the outside.You put Harper in any era and he would be one of the best as he was when played.

The competition was better ..Ohio big 8 compared to the Federal Laegue....But you are right Chet could have played in any era and been productive...But saying kevin was not a great jumper or quick is insane...

The competition was better ..Ohio big 8 compared to the Federal Laegue....But you are right Chet could have played in any era and been productive...But saying kevin was not a great jumper or quick is insane...

Did you see Alliances out of federal league sked when chester played. Mckinley,St.Ignatious,Massillon,Cuyahoga Falls, and not to mention the federal league was very good at that era,but Kevin was very good but I got the chance to play with both of them and the skill level of harper exceeds kevin by far One of kevins bigges problems was he had slow feet.

Yep I seen the schedule....McKinley was McKinley and I don't think we ever beat them with Chet...We beat St Ignatius in "our" holiday toruney...Massillon had one good team during Chet's era...and that was "the Brawl" when Mark Black got into a fight and got himself and the Tigers best player ejected...and Cuyahoga Falls, never had the athletes or talent to hang with Aviators ...and as for the Federal league....Jackson and Wooster was the best the federal league could offer..We could beat Wooster but we had one win agaisn't the Bosley's led Polar Bears and that was at home...0-2 vs the Bears in the District tournament

Yep I seen the schedule....McKinley was McKinley and I don't think we ever beat them with Chet...We beat St Ignatius in "our" holiday toruney...Massillon had one good team during Chet's era...and that was "the Brawl" when Mark Black got into a fight and got himself and the Tigers best player ejected...and Cuyahoga Falls, never had the athletes or talent to hang with Aviators ...and as for the Federal league....Jackson and Wooster was the best the federal league could offer..We could beat Wooster but we had one win agaisn't the Bosley's led Polar Bears and that was at home...0-2 vs the Bears in the District tournament

Cuyahoga Falls only had Rob Egers who went to Indiana 6'10 and Landon Hakim 6'2 who went to Miami Of Ohio on full scholarships.

But Alliance had their way with them....

that game was on a Tue. night We the crowd wore toga's ... TOGA
great game that year's starting 5 was Murray, Fails, Harper, Klush and Blair off the bench T. Banks, Bump Sampson, Tree Hawkins... we lost Ryan Witte who transfored to McKinley after his soph. year, that was a very good team... lost 3 freakin time to Bosley and his Jackson team once to Perry and once to Mckinley... to this day I would like to punch Bosley in da mouth:wallbang:

the 92 team started out 0-2 with back to back home loss's to Perry and Jackson both at he buzzer

Last edited:
My alltime starting 5
Bruce King
Tom Schaffer
Jaivon Harris
Chet Harper
Kevin Gaffeney

bench
Darius Offill
Jerry Williams
Earl Hill
Alan Thigpen