@ Cleveland Heights
Hartley
Buchtel
@ Boardman
Brecksville
@ Cathedral Prep
Hoban
Nordonia

I feel least confident about the Brecksville and Nordonia games, location and if they are on. You would think they both would be 2 year home/home deals but then again with pubs you never know. Also not confident on the location of Buchtel & Heights.
Buchtel is away

What are things looking like for next year? I know on the lines only a small handful of guys are graduating, but the QB is graduating, 4-5 WRs are graduating, almost every DB and 2 starting LBs, one of course being Bedingfield, a Toledo Commit. Will there be additional transfers as well?

Also do you think their will be any turnover in the coaching staff? The defense seemed to decline as the year progressed, maybe there will be some change there.

What are things looking like for next year? I know on the lines only a small handful of guys are graduating, but the QB is graduating, 4-5 WRs are graduating, almost every DB and 2 starting LBs, one of course being Bedingfield, a Toledo Commit. Will there be additional transfers as well?

Also do you think their will be any turnover in the coaching staff? The defense seemed to decline as the year progressed, maybe there will be some change there.
I could see changes happening

While not the basketball forum Benny didn't get much run in recent years over there so we might as well talk Benny hoops here.

It will probably be a rough season, the coaching change brought about a couple key transfers and it looks like there is not much beef on this team. Schedule seem a little more manageable so there will be some Ws and they dropped down to Div II which will be a little help come post season but I don't see them going very far, especially if they end up on the east side of the NEO Regional draw. I am more interested to see how Coach Salata works out. Guy is a part of the CLE Jesuit tree as a Gesu & Iggy grad; his primary coaching success was running the powerful Gesu CYO 8th grade team and then assisting O'Toole at St. Ignatius. Seems to be starting off OK with some nice pre-season window dressing events like a Thanksgiving practice with family and alumni but I am not sure he is a good long term culture fit for the school. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he gets the resources to be successful but the bar is low and I am worried that in the near future we will be back to another coaching search.

This program really had something going back in the late '90s until a certain coaching couldn't control himself, and as they say the rest is history...

While not the basketball forum Benny didn't get much run in recent years over there so we might as well talk Benny hoops here.

It will probably be a rough season, the coaching change brought about a couple key transfers and it looks like there is not much beef on this team. Schedule seem a little more manageable so there will be some Ws and they dropped down to Div II which will be a little help come post season but I don't see them going very far, especially if they end up on the east side of the NEO Regional draw. I am more interested to see how Coach Salata works out. Guy is a part of the CLE Jesuit tree as a Gesu & Iggy grad; his primary coaching success was running the powerful Gesu CYO 8th grade team and then assisting O'Toole at St. Ignatius. Seems to be starting off OK with some nice pre-season window dressing events like a Thanksgiving practice with family and alumni but I am not sure he is a good long term culture fit for the school. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he gets the resources to be successful but the bar is low and I am worried that in the near future we will be back to another coaching search.

This program really had something going back in the late '90s until a certain coaching couldn't control himself, and as they say the rest is history...
They were D2 last year

FWIW Salata is very highly regarded in Ignatius basketball circles. Great Xs and Os coach and well-liked by players. Some people thought he may get the Varsity job after O’Toole resigned. Obviously different school, different culture, but I would expect his teams at Benny to be very solid. Surprised about the mass talent exodus, but I guess that’s the sport these days.

FWIW Salata is very highly regarded in Ignatius basketball circles. Great Xs and Os coach and well-liked by players. Some people thought he may get the Varsity job after O’Toole resigned. Obviously different school, different culture, but I would expect his teams at Benny to be very solid. Surprised about the mass talent exodus, but I guess that’s the sport these days.
6 kids including all 5 starters

I'm told that most transfers are not starting where they transferred to:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Gonna be real funny when salata leads the Bengals farther than the transfers who sit on the bench go:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: #salataszn

And I heard neither were going to even play and finally were convinced
Wow they looked like the best big men out there, and I don't even think they're best at 4 and 5, probably better suited to be the 3 and the 4. The way the football guys are playing, maybe Salata should get into Iliano's ear to play the 5 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wow they looked like the best big men out there, and I don't even think they're best at 4 and 5, probably better suited to be the 3 and the 4. The way the football guys are playing, maybe Salata should get into Iliano's ear to play the 5 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Iliano will concentrate on getting stronger this offseason....once that happens the sky is the limit for him

I'm told that most transfers are not starting where they transferred to:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Gonna be real funny when salata leads the Bengals farther than the transfers who sit on the bench go:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: #salataszn
One of those starters was at the Bene game opening night , wishing he hadn’t left .

Jennings should start over Henderson.

Jennings should start over Henderson.
Henderson didn't have the Starter Debut we wanted but he picked it up with a solid second game against John Hay. I agree Jennings should get more minutes and is already proving how valuable he is off the bench, but lets hold off on the lineup adjustments and let Coach Salata find the heart in this team.

All of the defensive & offensive lineman should wrestle. Builds stamina, helps with leverage, builds strength. Linebackers should wrestle too. Helps with tackling. Best advice for the guys who are not playing any other sport. WRESTLE!

All of the defensive & offensive lineman should wrestle. Builds stamina, helps with leverage, builds strength. Linebackers should wrestle too. Helps with tackling. Best advice for the guys who are not playing any other sport. WRESTLE!
DiVontae is wrestling.....1st time ever and he placed in the Hawken tourney

I agree completely Greg

When is the banquet? Can someone please post the traditional award recipients? At that time we can lock the thread, and open a 2022 conversation, as we have done for a long time at this point.

All Ohio Awards>

1st Team:
Derell Bedingfield

3rd Team:
CeeJay Yarboro
Marvin Conkle (As a DB)

Honorable Mention:
Brandon Boyd
Anthony Illiano

Don't read too much into this, this thing has gotten very political. Some teams have a sheet load of players with some very questionable choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.