Benedictine 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you. Padua is, and always has been, looking to play down. I remember back in the early 2000's a lot of kids living in Parma were attending Benedictine. That was not good for Padua or Holy Name. You might as well call Padua, North Royalton B. Oh well. Walsh & Hoban still want to continue to play a tough schedule.

One thing I love on Saturday mornings before watching the Buckeyes is going over to Joeeitel, clicking on our region, and seeing Benedictine on top while I sip my coffee. Congrats to coach Goode and the team on the 4-0 start. As much as "bye" weeks stink and can mess up the flow, I think these Bengals deserve some rest. With depth not being the strong suit of this team, maybe this week is a good breather. I could not help but notice that Hoban has been playing teams rather close this year (Walsh and Alter being most recent).

Anyone have any idea if the knights are significantly down from past years? Obviously they are still talented, but they beat Walsh by the same score we did and they squeaked by an Alter squad that has one stud OSU recruit, but other than that they seem average. Hoban also had a defensive score in the game.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by this team and with the right matches ups could have a nice run in the post season. Since it doesn't look as of Monday that there will be a week 5 opponent now might be a good time to reset where things stand:

Positives:

• This team looks to be the most balanced since Coach Goode has taken over. No real weakness along both sides of the balls and some early season concerns on special teams, while not fully fixed, look to be in a better place.
  • Coaching this year seem to have taken a step up. Game day prep seems to be much stronger with little wrinkles thrown in pending opponent as well as personnel changes that seem to be working. On gameday the management of the game has also been much better and the sideline looks to be a lot tighter than in 2020.
  • While the Freshmen teams don't seem to be getting positive results it looks like there is some young talent in the pipeline. This is key to building a program and getting out of the boom or bust pattern Benny has been in since the 2000s.
Challenges>

• Depth! As I have been saying this is a Div II team in talent but a Div III team in depth. A key injury or two and all of the good building up during the regular season can be washed away with a short run in the post season. Some non starters need to take a step up during practice and earn some playing time to give guys a rest and get a feel for live game situations so if needed can answer the bell. As an example the young Freshmen QB made an appearance in the game against Hartley, I know they were trying to win the game and chew up clock but let him have a chance at throwing a ball or two to get a feel for varsity field in case he is needed down the line.
  • I hope this team doesn't get complacent. The way the schedule is breaking there are a couple key games that can catch the Bengals looking forward. It is imperative that this team take no games off.
Also it is time for the coaches and players to start working on time management and dealing with the media. As this run continues there will be more folks wanting their time and they will need to stay focused, also the media will start to show up more frequently because this a brand name with much past success.

Players and coaches should watch the below clip and also take notes>

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by this team and with the right matches ups could have a nice run in the post season. Since it doesn't look as of Monday that there will be a week 5 opponent now might be a good time to reset where things stand:

Positives:

• This team looks to be the most balanced since Coach Goode has taken over. No real weakness along both sides of the balls and some early season concerns on special teams, while not fully fixed, look to be in a better place.
  • Coaching this year seem to have taken a step up. Game day prep seems to be much stronger with little wrinkles thrown in pending opponent as well as personnel changes that seem to be working. On gameday the management of the game has also been much better and the sideline looks to be a lot tighter than in 2020.
  • While the Freshmen teams don't seem to be getting positive results it looks like there is some young talent in the pipeline. This is key to building a program and getting out of the boom or bust pattern Benny has been in since the 2000s.
Challenges>

• Depth! As I have been saying this is a Div II team in talent but a Div III team in depth. A key injury or two and all of the good building up during the regular season can be washed away with a short run in the post season. Some non starters need to take a step up during practice and earn some playing time to give guys a rest and get a feel for live game situations so if needed can answer the bell. As an example the young Freshmen QB made an appearance in the game against Hartley, I know they were trying to win the game and chew up clock but let him have a chance at throwing a ball or two to get a feel for varsity field in case he is needed down the line.
  • I hope this team doesn't get complacent. The way the schedule is breaking there are a couple key games that can catch the Bengals looking forward. It is imperative that this team take no games off.
Also it is time for the coaches and players to start working on time management and dealing with the media. As this run continues there will be more folks wanting their time and they will need to stay focused, also the media will start to show up more frequently because this a brand name with much past success.

Players and coaches should watch the below clip and also take notes>
This coaching staff has played in national title games, played in state championship games and have coached in state title games....this isn't their first rodeo....they will not lose because of media and outside interferences causing their team to not be focused

This coaching staff has played in national title games, played in state championship games and have coached in state title games....this isn't their first rodeo....they will not lose because of media and outside interferences causing their team to not be focused
Hope this is the case and the players listen to the schooling on this issue. I have seen many good HS teams fall apart in the post season because the staff loses focus because of the outside distractions and in some cases makes it more about them than the kids. There is one guy who is (in)famous for this that is at another school in CLE up along the Lake :)

New unis
E_SoE8iXoAEq3c1

Looks like pant stripes are back.

I think the all white are the classic look for Benedictine football, no home stadium so it seems always on the road. I also like the script on the front and the school seal for this option, only thing missing is a "MOB" somewhere on the jersey. Maybe back neck in the future?

I think the all white are the classic look for Benedictine football, no home stadium so it seems always on the road. I also like the script on the front and the school seal for this option, only thing missing is a "MOB" somewhere on the jersey. Maybe back neck in the future?
Don't you think Home of Champions would be better on the back of the jersey's?

Don't you think Home of Champions would be better on the back of the jersey's?
Too long and it makes the jerseys too "busy". Something small enough that you can see it only see it if you knew what it was, like the flying "B" on the point of the neck line.

The Northwestern sleeve striping also makes a reappearance.

Shout out to Christian Hanna for providing the new unis. A cool detail picture from the photo shoot>

241811875_5115525905129146_8866519656033599574_n.jpg

I do like that they are tackle twill and not screened, really nice touch and costs some $s.

Shout out to Christian Hanna for providing the new unis. A cool detail picture from the photo shoot>

241811875_5115525905129146_8866519656033599574_n.jpg

I do like that they are tackle twill and not screened, really nice touch and costs some $s.
Not a fan of the tackle twill. Sublimated jerseys should have been the way to go.
There are way more possibilities with the artwork on the jerseys with sublimation.
Tackle twill limits the creativity. Plus it costs a ton more.
Why does it have to be Nike? There are better choices that wear better than Nike at 1/2 the cost.
The saved monies could go for other improvements at the school.

Not a fan of the tackle twill. Sublimated jerseys should have been the way to go.
There are way more possibilities with the artwork on the jerseys with sublimation.
Why does it have to be Nike? There are better choices that wear better than Nike at 1/2 the cost.
Does the gift horse’s mouth look good?

The man wanted to buy new uniforms. He can buy anything HE wants. TBone22 when and if you donate something you can call your own shots as long as Christian Hanna is donating his hard earned money he can make it out of recycled tackling dummy material if so chooses. Thanks again Christian Hanna for your generosity .

Seems like the Bengals left some points on the field this week. Any predictions for Brecksville game? Hudson really did them dirty, so maybe the Bees will be extra motivated for some revenge after the playoff loss two years ago.

The man wanted to buy new uniforms. He can buy anything HE wants. TBone22 when and if you donate something you can call your own shots as long as Christian Hanna is donating his hard earned money he can make it out of recycled tackling dummy material if so chooses. Thanks again Christian Hanna for your generosity .
Apparently Jake you don't know who this is. If you did you would not be questioning my reply. I was merely stating that I don't like tackle twill or Nike. Nothing to do with the awesome donation from Mr. Hannah. Moving forward you should hold your tongue before you insert your foot. I will continue to donate to Benedictine despite your rude comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.