Benedictine 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expect tough sledding in 2021 especially since they will be in Div II again. There are some good players still in the program but a new QB and complete OL needs to be developed. Depth will also probably be an issue and Coach Goode would be well served to scour the halls and get athletes into the football program.

Some pretty solid returning talent with Conkle, Bedingfield, Jackson and Hatcher at the skill positions. McDonnell will be the only returning linemen and is a guy you can have at all 5 spots. Illiano will step into the left tackle spot and we won’t miss a beat there. He has the frame to be a great one.
Last year’s freshmen team was massive so we should be able to find a some pieces in there to fill the last few spots.

With the news of VASJ hiring J. Rotsky as their next head coach, is there a concern amongst insiders at the HOC that a purge is possible?

Oh of course. I’ll be clearer. Coach Rotsky has a reputation for snatching student athletes away from neighboring schools.
My guess, and I could be wrong, is that he will be looking into any and all connections to pull talent from Benedictine, Euclid, Shaw, Maple, Heights (x2) and east side Senate Schools. Sure, this may only mean a corner here, a split end there....but the possibility exists. Anyway.

Best of luck to Benedictine in 2021.

Oh of course. I’ll be clearer. Coach Rotsky has a reputation for snatching student athletes away from neighboring schools.
My guess, and I could be wrong, is that he will be looking into any and all connections to pull talent from Benedictine, Euclid, Shaw, Maple, Heights (x2) and east side Senate Schools. Sure, this may only mean a corner here, a split end there....but the possibility exists. Anyway.

Best of luck to Benedictine in 2021.
Definitely doesn't help the HOC. As an example, Rotsky was able to sway a younger brother who as a Sophomore at Euclid had a great season. This didn't sit well with the program and if you noticed the Senior brother at BHS was not mentioned in any of the year-end recognition teams? Its a shame because he was easily one of the toughest players on the field and definitely better than one of the LB's getting ton of hype from this staff. Coaches took it personal and left him off their lists (we all know this teams are made up of coaches feedback and submissions). Not good look since the family has a long history of players thru BHS. This HC is highly focused on certain players resulting in weaker team chemistry. Players know it and families know it. Lack of experience and inability to move the masses will be a downfall. Keep hoping for the next Baker or Layne to walk thru the doors, until then program screams mediocrity.

Some pretty solid returning talent with Conkle, Bedingfield, Jackson and Hatcher at the skill positions. McDonnell will be the only returning linemen and is a guy you can have at all 5 spots. Illiano will step into the left tackle spot and we won’t miss a beat there. He has the frame to be a great one.
Last year’s freshmen team was massive so we should be able to find a some pieces in there to fill the last few spots.
Underwood is a very talented lineman as well

Definitely doesn't help the HOC. As an example, Rotsky was able to sway a younger brother who as a Sophomore at Euclid had a great season. This didn't sit well with the program and if you noticed the Senior brother at BHS was not mentioned in any of the year-end recognition teams? Its a shame because he was easily one of the toughest players on the field and definitely better than one of the LB's getting ton of hype from this staff. Coaches took it personal and left him off their lists (we all know this teams are made up of coaches feedback and submissions). Not good look since the family has a long history of players thru BHS. This HC is highly focused on certain players resulting in weaker team chemistry. Players know it and families know it. Lack of experience and inability to move the masses will be a downfall. Keep hoping for the next Baker or Layne to walk thru the doors, until then program screams mediocrity.
Wrong depiction of the Benedictine Coaching staff and HC. They care about each and every kid in the program . If the player you are mentioning is the one I'm thinking of had only one relative go to Benny. Again if any of you know it all want to come down to school and have a meeting with any coach or I feel free to do so rather than hiding in anonymity. Takes a lot of guts to yap your mouth about something you know NOTHING about.

The freshmen football team did have some good players . And that team obviously can develop. I am just worried about who transfers out. Need to keep them together . Some big lineman on this team . And I think RB Cloud will be a stud.

Last edited:
Seems like we went from a community of optimism, and hope regarding the program to one where we are once again questioning the direction? What is the actual story?

Seems like we went from a community of optimism, and hope regarding the program to one where we are once again questioning the direction? What is the actual story?
The actual story is the football program is in great hands and the vision is clear and progressive. We have quite a few starters coming back and some talented freshmen/ sophs and sophs/ juniors ready to get their chance at stardom. The football community at Benedictine is alive and well and looking forward to a fine and exciting 2021 season.

From a TCC fan, excited to play you guys after a little gap; especially at what looks like a beautiful complex in Euclid! Who are some players to keep an eye on come September?

Status
Not open for further replies.