Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Ok let's talk. PN best two kids came from outside the district. One from my town and heading to Miami and the other from a Columbus City School.(Independence). Everyone in central Ohio knows what's going on at PN, heck at a college clinic this spring a college coach joked about what is going on at PN program to the audience. What do you have to say about that....
The BC kid bought a house and moved into the district, maybe funny, maybe not ??‍♂️?
Archbishop Central has been doing this for years and now St North is giving Central some of their own medicine- Central fans are losing their minds.. Central’s lb is also a North Kid, top OLineman (Reynoldsburg and Hartley), or the Pizza kid from McKinley who had “family” at central. Not to mention their best kid was a north kid. I’m not a north guy, my nephew goes there- but looks like they’re making up the talent gap. “Move ins” or not

Need to define "Move In". IMO, if a kid is here (In Pickerington) in Junior High, he's not a "Move In". If a kid decides to play for Central but lives on the North side of town, that is not a "Move In". At the same time, if the opposite is true, as well. Players/Parents have their reasons for choosing one program over the other. Keep in mind, not every player that shows up in the hallways at either school is a city league transfer living in an apartment. Pickerington has grown significantly over the past 10 years (literally thousands of houses have been built).
Regarding Central getting a bunch of "Move In" players, last year we got one that I am aware of and there were some unique circumstances that led to his arrival. He added value and will play D2 next year. So far this year, we got one who just transferred in and I would consider him a true "Move In". Central will have 38 Seniors this season of which 35 played on the Ridgeview 8th grade team. Of the three who didn't, One played for Lakeview and transferred to Central before last season, one lived in Pick Central district but played for Private School/Hartley until Freshman year and the other is the previously mentioned transfer. So if there is going to be an influx of D1 players, they better start showing up at workouts because so far they are not there.

Pick. sports will defend PC as a 98 percent totally homegrown purple and white footballs in cribs program from now until the end of time. Of course most publics core majority are local kids who have lived there for a longer while . East side schools will always get more families to move into the district (. From CCS) and some will be good athletes .

Picks will continue to get families to move into the district as we have seen the changing demos for a shine now . If all this housing is being added why are the schools basically the same size for a while now ? Or will both expand in size in the next 5-10 years ?

Pick. sports will defend PC as a 98 percent totally homegrown purple and white footballs in cribs program from now until the end of time. Of course most publics core majority are local kids who have lived there for a longer while . East side schools will always get more families to move into the district (. From CCS) and some will be good athletes .

Picks will continue to get families to move into the district as we have seen the changing demos for a shine now . If all this housing is being added why are the schools basically the same size for a while now ? Or will both expand in size in the next 5-10 years ?
Right now, Pickerington Central and Ridgeview are packed to capacity. Most of the new subdivisions are going up on the Pickerington North side of the district. There is a 375 house subdivision in the works just up from North High School and they just built a bunch of houses directly behind the high school. Additional houses are being built just South of Pick North High School. A levy will not pass in this district for the foreseeable future so they will have to stop building houses at some point, and I think we are getting close to that point. There are currently only 7 (Non-Contingent) houses for sale in 43147 and 4 of those are coming soon which means they will sell over asking price before they are even listed for sale. Point being, unless you buy a new build, its tough sledding right now in Pick Town.
As far as defending PC as a 98% totally home grown "purple and white" in their cribs, not really defending as much as just stating the facts and the numbers don't lie. These kids are 16-18 years old, so when they were in their cribs, the house they live in now was a corn field. However, the narrative that PC has a bunch of new players showing up every year and that being a primary driver to their success is mostly just a way for lesser talented teams to feel better about their current situation. The main reason I take offense to that narrative is because it minimizes the amount of work the PC players put in during the offseason. Most of the players are putting in some kind of work 5-6 days/week year round when they are not playing another sport. If you go into the PC weight room when they are lifting and then go to another school, there is a difference and its not kids that showed up from other schools.

No one has ever said they don’t work hard . No one. Best talent on average year in and year out . Will be a top 2 at least , team in CO going forward indefinitely . Br far the best football demographics / tradition / momentum and families with athletic kids will continue to move there going forward (. Not talking once they reach HS so settle down and I realize most kids grow up there ) Coaching continuity and again Pickerington football demographics are as optimal as any program in Ohio . The run could last another 15-20 years while others runs end . Enjoy

Very true. And 3/4 of the roster are kids with city ties that made the move who weren't home grown.

Who would want to live in Pickerington, they do not pass levies, the schools are crowded, both high schools claim the other takes there kids in sports. and driving thru Pickerington can be a nightmare especially at both Hill and Tussing, and Hill and 70. Look around Pickerington, and how many districts who have or about to build new schools (Groveport, Lancaster, Licking Heights, even a place like Berne Union is building a new K-12 building). Pick Central is the top dog in most sports for now but for how long.

Who would want to live in Pickerington, they do not pass levies, the schools are crowded, both high schools claim the other takes there kids in sports. and driving thru Pickerington can be a nightmare especially at both Hill and Tussing, and Hill and 70. Look around Pickerington, and how many districts who have or about to build new schools (Groveport, Lancaster, Licking Heights, even a place like Berne Union is building a new K-12 building). Pick Central is the top dog in most sports for now but for how long.
Many older posters here who aren’t necessarily big Tigers fans or Panthers fans would disagree. They love and adore living in Pick town . They defend the programs in their hometowns as well ., gotta be something good about it lol.

Seriously , the Tigers and Panthers are going to have as many good athletes playing football as anyone in CO for quite a while longer . It’s a destination . The squabbling between the two about whose players are whose is a time honored tradition . North seems to be getting better and getting more good players now . Didn’t have a Freshman team just a few years ago . Now they seem to be closing the talent gap . Central is top dog until further notice . Sharrett was out coached by Butermore last year . UA will not be a threat to them this year

North has a tough OOC schedule with Pine Richland, UA, central and reynoldsburg along with New Albany and Gahanna. We should find out pretty quick if they are for real
A great example of 16 teams getting in ( playoffs) per region influencing scheduling . Do you think for one minute they fill their schedule out in this way if it was 8 teams ? Or even 12 ? I still think 12 is the way to go but 16 allows you to schedule this way .

A great example of 16 teams getting in ( playoffs) per region influencing scheduling . Do you think for one minute they fill their schedule out in this way if it was 8 teams ? Or even 12 ? I still think 12 is the way to go but 16 allows you to schedule this way .
There are schools that still schedule light out of conference even with the 16 teams making it. I give credit to all the schools who are not afraid to schedule tough.

There are schools that still schedule light out of conference even with the 16 teams making it. I give credit to all the schools who are not afraid to schedule tough.
Yes there is seeding considerations to think about for some. Tough schedule better prepares you and if you come out ok physically you will get better and improve playing better competition . North will be pretty good this year .

Yes there is seeding considerations to think about for some. Tough schedule better prepares you and if you come out ok physically you will get better and improve playing better competition . North will be pretty good this year .
I never agree with this. You get beat up playing a rigorous schedule like this. Keep your kids healthy and fresh.

Usually league competition is more than enough to test you and have you ready.

Less than 2 months away....
Screenshot_20220429-155543_LinkedIn.jpg

Ok let's talk. PN best two kids came from outside the district. One from my town and heading to Miami and the other from a Columbus City School.(Independence). Everyone in central Ohio knows what's going on at PN, heck at a college clinic this spring a college coach joked about what is going on at PN program to the audience. What do you have to say about that....
Tell me more about this"College Coach" comment that you speak of.......

Need to define "Move In". IMO, if a kid is here (In Pickerington) in Junior High, he's not a "Move In". If a kid decides to play for Central but lives on the North side of town, that is not a "Move In". At the same time, if the opposite is true, as well. Players/Parents have their reasons for choosing one program over the other. Keep in mind, not every player that shows up in the hallways at either school is a city league transfer living in an apartment. Pickerington has grown significantly over the past 10 years (literally thousands of houses have been built).
Regarding Central getting a bunch of "Move In" players, last year we got one that I am aware of and there were some unique circumstances that led to his arrival. He added value and will play D2 next year. So far this year, we got one who just transferred in and I would consider him a true "Move In". Central will have 38 Seniors this season of which 35 played on the Ridgeview 8th grade team. Of the three who didn't, One played for Lakeview and transferred to Central before last season, one lived in Pick Central district but played for Private School/Hartley until Freshman year and the other is the previously mentioned transfer. So if there is going to be an influx of D1 players, they better start showing up at workouts because so far they are not there.
Parents who rent an apartment in the district just before 7th grade specifically so their child can get accustomed to the program in jr high and get more exposure and play for a winning program in high school are move ins.

I read that the best QB prospect for 2026 was at Pick North. Does the evaluator not know that the two best QB prospects in 2025 are also at North? weird.

Last edited:
Depends on Coaching
Playing each other brings out the absolute worst coaching on both sides... Ultra-conservative, take-no-chances offenses.
I generally root for PC, but seeing them lose to North last year was so satisfying (and a learning experience - hopefully - for PC). North's putrid offense literally did nothing and they still managed to win! The football "gods" were truly at work that night!!!!

A truly horrid offensive performance by both teams. Or elite defense?? Nah terrible O lol
I won't speak to North's O & Central's D, but the defensive MVP for North that game was whoever thought it was a good idea for the kid that lost five fumbles vs Elder to ice the game.

Pick North makes it to final four at Ohio State camp today.There’s a lot of questions going into this season that still may need to be answered .

Speaking of PN...what's up with their field? I'd say 75% of it's all jacked up. Was that expected and isn't It just one year old? Recall last year at this time they were just putting in a new surface and right now much of it's dirt and brown