Battle of Pickerington - OCC

PN will likely be a powerful team next year, but until they can 'consistently' beat PC they need to chill... QB needs to get beyond soph 'potential' and actually become a playmaker. Coaches didn't trust him last season - despite him being (allegedly) a Div 1 prospect. The Panthers do lose a couple of great players to graduation, but they return a ton of talent. Now let's see if they ditch the little league offense...

6 returning starters on defense and 9 on offense. The younger classes are deep with talent and have beat the younger teams from Central. Should be fun to watch for the next few years

PN does have a lot of talent coming back. They seem to win in the regular season, but get beat in the playoffs. Don't put too much stock into the lower levels, PC develops their players way better than PN.

what do you need to accomplish to become a "dynasty"?!?!?! I mean they have been regional champs i think a lot (insert 0 now) ... and obviously have won their own rivalry a lot ... again no. They have had some AMAZING talent come through, FOR SURE, but a dynasty, I think not. The potential has been there for years, but doesn't seem like they are able to come through and finish a season meeting expectations. Coaching staff seems legit, hopefully they turn the corner and work towards that dynasty

I have to be honest. Pickerington North appears to be a dynasty.
I have a feeling this question was asked so people could talk down on PN's program. They are not close to being a dynasty. PC is the dynasty. PN will be good and has the potential to have sustained success but until they show it, they are not even close to being a dynasty.

Dude is prob a Central fan, trying to stir the pot. North does have good classes coming up and they should have a good team this year. Just need to prove it and be consistent

6 returning starters on defense and 9 on offense. The younger classes are deep with talent and have beat the younger teams from Central. Should be fun to watch for the next few years

Very true and they did beat PC this year. Yea, they did lose to PC in the playoffs, but lets not forget they beat PC.

Dynasty ? What do you consider a dynasty ? Beating Central 1 time in 10 years on a fluke fumble ? Going to a division away from PC and winning your league 2 years in a row because you couldn't beat Central ? Going off your junior high class that went undefeated 2 years in a row ? PC is a dynasty. Show me rings and I will show you a dynasty. PN=crickets

Very true and they did beat PC this year. Yea, they did lose to PC in the playoffs, but lets not forget they beat PC.
Your kidding right ? You are hanging a fumble TD at the end of the game as a turning point for PN ? PC came in very lax and PN came in fired up. Nice job PN staying aggressive until the end. You actually woke the sleeping giant by how you reacted to the players and fans after your " GIFTED WIN !" What happened in the playoffs ? Oh yeah right...............you got rolled. Good talk................back to you Phil !

Your kidding right ? You are hanging a fumble TD at the end of the game as a turning point for PN ? PC came in very lax and PN came in fired up. Nice job PN staying aggressive until the end. You actually woke the sleeping giant by how you reacted to the players and fans after your " GIFTED WIN !" What happened in the playoffs ? Oh yeah right...............you got rolled. Good talk................back to you Phil !

Scoreboard. PC won the one that counted most, but scoreboard.

PN does have a lot of talent coming back. They seem to win in the regular season, but get beat in the playoffs. Don't put too much stock into the lower levels, PC develops their players way better than PN.
PC does not do a better job at developing talent than PN. They do a better job at benefitting from talent moving into the district than PN. And their success has drawn a few PN athletes to transfer to PC and play in recent years. Some of their best players actually should've gone to PN. But for some reason, the open enrollment door seems to only swing one way...??

PC does not do a better job at developing talent than PN. They do a better job at benefitting from talent moving into the district than PN. And their success has drawn a few PN athletes to transfer to PC and play in recent years. Some of their best players actually should've gone to PN. But for some reason, the open enrollment door seems to only swing one way...??
Where did the Pick North QB that is currently playing at Wofford reside?

I’ll give you a hint: it wasn’t on the North side of the district.

Sorry but this is a topic you do not want to engage in, enjoy your Easter?. PN is not a dynasty not even close. PC is the dynasty of Central Ohio with the best talent in the state consistently year in and year out.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is a topic you do not want to engage in, enjoy your Easter?. PN is not a dynasty not even close. PC is the dynasty of Central Ohio with the best talent in the state consistently year in and year out.
As someone who lives in Pick, enjoys ball and has no formal tie to either school (slight edge to Central) I just wish folks would stop litigating move-ins. It gets brought up ever year. For a topic that goes back before the “Boren rule” it’s less interesting and less thoughtful than other yearly posting rituals like “Sharett underachieves” and “watch out for Pick North to win D1” that come out of the 43147 zip.

I know it’s hard for North folks to be in the shadow of Central, but PN dads poking that bear annually just isn’t a good look.

As someone who lives in Pick, enjoys ball and has no formal tie to either school (slight edge to Central) I just wish folks would stop litigating move-ins. It gets brought up ever year. For a topic that goes back before the “Boren rule” it’s less interesting and less thoughtful than other yearly posting rituals like “Sharett underachieves” and “watch out for Pick North to win D1” that come out of the 43147 zip.

I know it’s hard for North folks to be in the shadow of Central, but PN dads poking that bear annually just isn’t a good look.

Or PC dads starting the thread to begin with.

Or PC dads starting the thread to begin with.
No argument from me there. Neither school nor fanbase comes out richer when the topic is broached.

It’s my firm belief Picktown is actually a great suburb and HSFB “town” (or at least can be) if we leave the petty accusations out of it. No one’s mind is going to be changed or convinced on a contest nor argument as to which school has clean hands. The O.G. Central dads and fans are above it, and I know there’s North dads who believe in better for the two programs as one town.

P.S. — the new Circle K is open. Just know that there’s only one man door to enter the store.

Best talent in the state consistently?
Yes, Talent being the key term. Not all around depth like the big-time private schools but talent. If you look at their past FBS/FCS signings year in and year out they are the top or among the top year in and year out the last 5-8 years I'd say.

His impact was great, but he didn't get a D1 scholarship to a Power 5....Take away 3-5 of those type players from PC.. Different ending to the story....

I graduated 2 students from PC( early-2000's) and now have 2 at PN. The influx of move-ins is a factor in PC's success and had been for years. They win. No doubt about it. But they also benefit from move-ins. To deny it or dismiss it is just naive. Parents bring their kids to Pick because the spotlight has been placed on the district for years based on athletes that moved into the district. Yes, there are some born and raised Tigers and Panthers that are in that mix, but not as many as you'd think...

I graduated 2 students from PC( early-2000's) and now have 2 at PN. The influx of move-ins is a factor in PC's success and had been for years. They win. No doubt about it. But they also benefit from move-ins. To deny it or dismiss it is just naive. Parents bring their kids to Pick because the spotlight has been placed on the district for years based on athletes that moved into the district. Yes, there are some born and raised Tigers and Panthers that are in that mix, but not as many as you'd think...
Not getting into this long time Pick skirmish and of course the east side schools have been getting “. Move Ins “ from Columbus city schools for many years . Good move for most of those kids and their families . Nothing wrong with it . They are upgrading their education and athletic situations .

Just a little perspective . Coffman has had ONE transfer from a Columbus city school who was a really good player who came as a Sophomore (. B. Threats). This is something that is said to have “. Embarrassed “ the administration . (. Newspaper article mortified them ). And they really want to make sure such a thing ( or another transfer of a certain “ kind “) never happens again .(. It won’t anytime soon )

Hahaha, let’s be real and talk current - where were your two best kids from? The two best Central kids in a long time- who’s sis who went to north? One who is ND and one going to OSU. I’ll wait….

Ok let's talk. PN best two kids came from outside the district. One from my town and heading to Miami and the other from a Columbus City School.(Independence). Everyone in central Ohio knows what's going on at PN, heck at a college clinic this spring a college coach joked about what is going on at PN program to the audience. What do you have to say about that....