Barstool to sponsor Arizona Bowl

Again, I don’t take Barstool as serious sports entity, but I do love how upset they make the pronouns in bio Twitter crowd. We need to keep those ppl out of sports.

I don't think anyone takes Barstool all that seriously which may be the genius in them sponsoring this bowl. The Arizona Bowl doesn't exactly have prestige and as a newer bowl they've struggled with even being on TV in some years. And with their own streaming who knows it may be more accessible. It's a pretty low risk high reward sort of situation. Barstool has an audience of younger sports fans and even if their humor is inappropriate/vulgar, I'm sure the student athletes will find something more fun about being in the Barstool Bowl then, say, the LendingTree Bowl, New Mexico Bowl, or TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl.

I don't think anyone takes Barstool all that seriously which may be the genius in them sponsoring this bowl. The Arizona Bowl doesn't exactly have prestige and as a newer bowl they've struggled with even being on TV in some years. And with their own streaming who knows it may be more accessible. It's a pretty low risk high reward sort of situation. Barstool has an audience of younger sports fans and even if their humor is inappropriate/vulgar, I'm sure the student athletes will find something more fun about being in the Barstool Bowl then, say, the LendingTree Bowl, New Mexico Bowl, or TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl.
I brought this back up bc I believe they’re working with MLB to get the right to televise games. And I feel conflicted bc I hate that they appeal to the Joe Schmo sports fan, bc the Joe Schmo sports fan is an idiot who doesn’t understand the nuances of the game. At the same time, they really upset the woke blue check mark Twitter mob, so that makes them good.

Last edited:
They're honestly not even that vulgar/inappropriate anymore. They've gotten somewhat soft/reserved since they were bought out by Chernin and got big. Pre-buy out Barstool was very much vulgar lol

Yeah I suppose when I said inappropriate/vulgar I more so meant unprofessional/not viewed credibly/they're more comical than anything else. Universities roll out the red carpet for a chance to have ESPN GameDay, meanwhile they want nothing to do with their local Barstool affiliate. Even if Barstool has pulled back the reins some from what they once were, they're still pretty crazy compared to your average sports media.