Badin shot record

SLS

I need help establishing a school record for Badin in the shot put. I think his name was Pawlosky, not sure about the spelling. He threw over 59 ft. at the DII district meet in the Cincinnati area in the 70's or maybe the 80's. He was once listed in the top 25 in the Cincy area. Help!

I need help establishing a school record for Badin in the shot put. I think his name was Pawlosky, not sure about the spelling. He threw over 59 ft. at the DII district meet in the Cincinnati area in the 70's or maybe the 80's. He was once listed in the top 25 in the Cincy area. Help!

Mark Pulawski (1977) - He's held the AA, now DII district meet for many years at 56' 6 1/2", NOT over 59'. I don't have my data in front of me, but I think he put 58' 7 or 58' 7 1/2" at some meet. Hamilton Journal microfilm at the Lane library has a lot of data to pour over for you.

His district record of 56' 6 1/2" was set on 12 May 1977 when he was a senior.

Last edited:
Thanks. The currently listed record for us is 58' 1" by Rob Hufford at the State meet in 2002, so I need to find that 58' 7" or 58 7 1/2.
Badin was at Welcome Stadium for District, Regional, and State in 2002, so Rob got to throw in the same ring three weeks in a row.

Am also looking for 400 meter results from 1997 boys' 400 meters at Dayton DII Regional.

Am also looking for 400 meter results from 1997 boys' 400 meters at Dayton DII Regional.

I don't have those results, but I know Jon Daddabbo (senior) was scheduled to run in lane 3 of heat 1 of the boys' 400m prelims on 28 May 1997. I might have the opportunity to do some research soon to find those results for you, if they are available.

Last edited:
That's who I'm looking for. It's a typo. His name is Jon. I think he ran 51.3 at that meet. Thanks for your input.

Jon, you are correct. I also looked up the 1977 Badin Yearbook online (Lane Library has online digital records) and another Daddabbo was on the same team as Pulawski. I did find Jon had a 51.5 listed on the 14 May Enquirer top times listing as well.

That's who I'm looking for. It's a typo. His name is Jon. I think he ran 51.3 at that meet. Thanks for your input.
According to the prelim results listed in the DDN published on May 29, 1997, the 8 400m runners who advanced to the finals were:
1. David Dingeman, Dayton Christian, 49.2
2. William McCauley, Greenon, 49.9
3. Roger Clark, London, 50.0
4. Aaron Grant, Middletown Madison, 50.2
5. Brad Haas, Spr. Northwestern, 50.5
6. Kevin Lucas, Eastern Brown, 50.6
7. Jasper Core, Northridge, 51.1
8. Mark Trempe, Graham, 52.0

Daddabbo's time of 51.6 placed 2nd in the district final held at Amelia on Saturday May 24, 1997 (found result in the May 25 edition of the Enquirer).

Further follow up on Pulawski:

58' 9 1/4" for 1st place & MR @ the Golden Triangle meet ( @ old Hamilton Taft HS ) on Saturday, 23 April 1977. Source: Hamilton Journal News the next day.

My memory wasn't that far off. Amazing the amount of non revenue-generating info between my ears :(

Last edited:
Thanks for putting some time into this for us. I'll probably get over to Lane next week to do some research. not sure about their covid protocol.I may need to impose on you some more.

I was just there. Their policy is the first 2 hours of the day are for seniors & most vulnerable, then the rest of the day is available. You'll need to go to the info desk and ask to go to the Cummins room where genealogy & microfilm are, on the 2nd floor. I prefer the older microfilm readers (manual) so you can quickly advance and don't have to wait for the freakin' computer software to resolve the image on the page before being able to tell what is on it.

Last edited: