August is officially cancelled

and stop being a follower of your cult leader. he has no remedy for covid...no bleach or hyddroxychloroquine

I don't follow Trump.

Nobody has a remedy for Covid as there is no vaccine yet and it is spiking everywhere around the world.... your MSM just does not report that.

Bleach will kill Covid19.

On a side note...

based on results of OHSAA admin survey, and seeing how surrounding states are moving forward, here is my new theory on how this may play out.

majority of admin surveyed wanted a shortened season with a full postseason at worst

most favored starting contact sports August 17th.

I am hearing rumors of a shutdown for contact sports coming tomorrow...

so, lets say they shut down contact sports tomorrow for a week or two, that gives them time to meet on the 4th with the Lt. Gov to hammer out mandates and what not, and then we start contact practices back up August 17 and play a nine game schedule with no scrimmages...

thoughts

Problem is some counties have already said nothing till October 1.

-It is despicable that this "pandemic" has been turned into a political tool.
-It is despicable that those making important decisions ignore basic science and data.
-It is despicable that there is a basic lack of common sense that kids being in a mitigated structured environment are far better at practice and school than at home (I actually had a health department tell me that "kids can exercise at home".)
-It is despicable that some are using kids as pawns in all of this.
-It is despicable that our leaders can't look at the anecdotal examples of training and competitions that have occurred at our schools in Ohio all summer long.
-2 Covid deaths in Ohio for people ages 0-18; 118 traffic accident deaths in the same group
-I hope people really are taking a hard look at what is really happening here in Ohio.

Contact sports have been shut down since March except for a one week waiver for a sports camp and basketball tournament. What has been allowed is for the contact sports to have non-contact practice. You have some confused sources.

What he might say is all sports practices/contests need to halt temporarily.
Wrong. Full contact practices are allowed. Full contact scrimmages within your own school are allowed. Everything kids are doing is directed by the school board but teams have been in full contact for months. It’s on coronavirus.ohio.gov

It’s completely confusing whereas kids can practice and scrimmage in a “community”. They socialize outside of their community and work summer jobs that put them in contact with hundreds or thousands of people. But suddenly they will somehow spread a virus if a kid from 5 miles down the road scrimmages their school.

If you follow Dewine's playbook, he throws out a trial balloon to check the wind direction. Cancelling scrimmages was the trial. If that's acceptable to schools and OHSAA, the season will be cancelled after one or two teams teams have an outbreak, which is likely to happen.

If you follow Dewine's playbook, he throws out a trial balloon to check the wind direction. Cancelling scrimmages was the trial. If that's acceptable to schools and OHSAA, the season will be cancelled after one or two teams teams have an outbreak, which is likely to happen.
That's why they should just go ahead and move it to spring. No way they can make it through the full season.

Doing some research: As of yesterday there were 3,422 deaths due to covid in Ohio, that is a big number, however does not look as large when you have 11.6 million people in the state of Ohio. Drilling down farther, out of the 3,422 deaths, 2618 were age 70-80+, that is 76.3% of all covid deaths. The age group 0-29 accounted for 10 deaths or .0029%. This tells me older Americans that are in Nursing homes and sadly in poor health perhaps not covid related, when they pass their deaths are counted as covid. Tell me why our kids can not go back to School and participate in sports? 10 deaths out of 11.6 million people, then just how reliable is that 10 count? I call !

The bottom line with the virus is the officials you have elected have failed again. The voter, however will continue to support the same two parties and they act shocked, when the same mistakes keep happening.

Last edited:
States all around us have made decisions to move the start of practice back to mid to late august. They also mapped out the start of games along with post season events. Look for DeWine to follow suit as usual.

We received our full reopening guidelines yesterday as a district. About twenty five pages of safety protocol and potential protocol for those that choose distance learning instead of in class learning along with calendars, etc for the school.

Talked to a head coach and an administrator yesterday. There are two options being floated around, and both of which could happen simultaneously.
1. The season (scrimmages) will be pushed back two weeks with practices allowed, but no outside school scrimmages until at least August 17.
2. Fans will be very limited/not allowed to attend certain venues (and potentially all regular season venues).

This is coming down from a conference AD who is our voice in the OHSFCA for NW Ohio.

I don't see any flash decisions by Dewine today. He may talk about sports but as we have seen, he will prance around the issue until we have more info from the meeting between Husted and the OHSFCA.

The problem D1 schools have in central Ohio is over the past 48 hours Franklin county health board strongly recommended all Franklin Co schools do online start and no sport. This forced the hand of many large districts to follow suit and announce. Our school for instance, now has a schedule in which nearly all games we are to play have these schools on the schedule. what do we do???? this will be the case in all large metro areas unless Dewine pauses and put orders so everyone is on the same page

The problem D1 schools have in central Ohio is over the past 48 hours Franklin county health board strongly recommended all Franklin Co schools do online start and no sport. This forced the hand of many large districts to follow suit and announce. Our school for instance, now has a schedule in which nearly all games we are to play have these schools on the schedule. what do we do???? this will be the case in all large metro areas unless Dewine pauses and put orders so everyone is on the same page
correct. having some schools play but not others is chaos.

We received our full reopening guidelines yesterday as a district. About twenty five pages of safety protocol and potential protocol for those that choose distance learning instead of in class learning along with calendars, etc for the school.

Talked to a head coach and an administrator yesterday. There are two options being floated around, and both of which could happen simultaneously.
1. The season (scrimmages) will be pushed back two weeks with practices allowed, but no outside school scrimmages until at least August 17.
2. Fans will be very limited/not allowed to attend certain venues (and potentially all regular season venues).

This is coming down from a conference AD who is our voice in the OHSFCA for NW Ohio.

I don't see any flash decisions by Dewine today. He may talk about sports but as we have seen, he will prance around the issue until we have more info from the meeting between Husted and the OHSFCA.
This seems very likely scenario.

this has been the course thus far delay and not make a decision which will exacerbate the problem. A coordinated 6 week pause for everyone to get on board with must be done. Hopefully this is the plan we hear today from Dewine and co!!

States all around us have made decisions to move the start of practice back to mid to late august. They also mapped out the start of games along with post season events. Look for DeWine to follow suit as usual.
Wrong.....Indiana announced yesterday that all sports are a go effective Monday August 3rd.

If there is no or little attendance....the revenue missed by football will bankrupt many districts and the OHSAA. The only solution would be to cancel everything. Can't run the games with no or little revenue!

If there is no or little attendance....the revenue missed by football will bankrupt many districts and the OHSAA. The only solution would be to cancel everything. Can't run the games with no or little revenue!

Thats why I cant believe there wasnt a more serious move football to spring consideration. Too many turf battles and fighting over specific multisport athletes i guess

This sounds like hysteria. I don't buy it. How can you say that?

Maybe not bankrupt but bankrupt athletic departments. Schools already received massive cuts from Ohio this past spring and more on the way. Look for a ton of tax levies in the coming two years.

I gotta agree with poster. like it or not football funds the majority just like in college. it is simple economics number of football tickets and concession sold vs a cross county volleyball or baseball event

Wrong. Full contact practices are allowed. Full contact scrimmages within your own school are allowed. Everything kids are doing is directed by the school board but teams have been in full contact for months. It’s on coronavirus.ohio.gov

It’s completely confusing whereas kids can practice and scrimmage in a “community”. They socialize outside of their community and work summer jobs that put them in contact with hundreds or thousands of people. But suddenly they will somehow spread a virus if a kid from 5 miles down the road scrimmages their school.

Ok. That is the phase 2 of return to sports, correct? The word is a return to phase 1 then?

Maybe not bankrupt but bankrupt athletic departments. Schools already received massive cuts from Ohio this past spring and more on the way. Look for a ton of tax levies in the coming two years.
That may be true or not. I don't think it should be assumed. Here's a very interesting tidbit from a report on one local school's recent board meeting -

Heard from Treasurer xxxxx xxxxx, who said the district ended the school year with a net gain of $212,000. She said lower expenses from buildings being closed due to the pandemic and additional funding from the CARES Act offset the $1.4 million in Ohio Department of Education cuts.

? ?

I just want to know if no school and no sports means do I can some of my property taxes back ? Will never vote for a school levy again

New Albany has suspended all athletics, however, they may return to Phase 1 on 8/4,
"A restart of skills training for fall sports, band and other extracurricular activities tentatively is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 4, with Phase 1 guidelines in which groups of nine students per coach or adviser are authorized for fall activities.

Skills training for winter and spring sports athletes will not be permitted until further notice,

That may be true or not. I don't think it should be assumed. Here's a very interesting tidbit from a report on one local school's recent board meeting -

Heard from Treasurer xxxxx xxxxx, who said the district ended the school year with a net gain of $212,000. She said lower expenses from buildings being closed due to the pandemic and additional funding from the CARES Act offset the $1.4 million in Ohio Department of Education cuts.

? ?
Yes some schools came out ahead. My wife's district did not. Colerain has already made cuts this year. My wife's district will go into deficit spending three years earlier now but held off on cuts this year.