Astros Sign Stealing

What a joke the players turning into cry babies,they should all be out a year...BAM!

Just think about if they didn't get caught they would still be cheating,little league did what commish didn't do by dropping them...BAM!

As for the commish saying it was just a piece of metal...………..

A very poor choice of words, no doubt about that, but I realize what he was trying to say. I think what was trying to say is taking away the trophy wont do anything as everyone knows who won the WS that year. Taking away wins, trophies, after the games are completed are the "official" record but everyone knows who really won it.

WIth that said, I think MLB should have vacated the WS title that year. Yeah, I know....everyone knows who won it but I think that is about as big as you can get and a deterrent moving forward I gues=s

Just think about if they didn't get caught they would still be cheating,little league did what commish didn't do by dropping them...BAM!
Difference here, and I didn tknow it, but in the LL bylaws apparently it is illegal to even steal signs, no matter what.

While it is a shady line, it is not illegal to steal signs in MLB, just the manner of stealing said signs is what is questioned.

Little league players don't belong to a union. BTW, how long will it be before the whiney left begins complaining that LLWS players don't get paid....I mean, like college football and basketball, the narrative always is the kids make all this money and don't get a dime of it?? Silliness, isn't it?

A very poor choice of words, no doubt about that, but I realize what he was trying to say. I think what was trying to say is taking away the trophy wont do anything as everyone knows who won the WS that year. Taking away wins, trophies, after the games are completed are the "official" record but everyone knows who really won it.

WIth that said, I think MLB should have vacated the WS title that year. Yeah, I know....everyone knows who won it but I think that is about as big as you can get and a deterrent moving forward I gues=s
You are dead on, but the media will forever tag "piece of metal" to Manford. This is where Manford really just needs to be quiet and say as little as possible. The decisions, or lack of decisions were made, there is no need to discuss it any further. You have opinions from banning the players forever, taking away their championships and their first born to doing nothing, so you are never, ever going to please everyone. It's time for this story to die.

Little league players don't belong to a union. BTW, how long will it be before the whiney left begins complaining that LLWS players don't get paid....I mean, like college football and basketball, the narrative always is the kids make all this money and don't get a dime of it?? Silliness, isn't it?

LOL. What sort of mental case posts this on the "Astros cheating" thread? Not only is it 100% unrelated to the topic, but not one single person anywhere is asking for Little League WS players to get paid for their one week in the spotlight.

You just seem to have pent-up right vs. left political anger, which is also unrelated to this thread and the LLWS. Clearly you need some help.

LOL. What sort of mental case posts this on the "Astros cheating" thread? Not only is it 100% unrelated to the topic, but not one single person anywhere is asking for Little League WS players to get paid for their one week in the spotlight.

You just seem to have pent-up right vs. left political anger, which is also unrelated to this thread and the LLWS. Clearly you need some help.
You must READ the whole narrative. The issue is that a team in LL world series was sent home for sign stealing, flat. No talking, nothing. Once found out it was done. Of course there is no money on the line, no union to deal with so it can be decided and carried out. And no, but many are wanting college football players (who are at a school for about 3 years) to get paid because of the institution that college football has built up for nearly 100 years.

That is exactly why you take the trophy.

They can't display it. Baseball has more respect for history than any other sport. NO champ in 2017. Empty set. Remove the placcard and place the blank trophy in Cooperstown. Draw a line and set an example, for gods sake.

Rob Manfred is a POS humping a massive-and-growing Houston cable market. No integrity whatsoever.

When the Astros had press credentials on a guy camera-phone stealing signs from the press pit next to (plexi-glass barrier between) the Indians dugout and relaying them across the diamond via the apple watch, the recipients then can-banged in an audio relay to the hitters. We were cheated by Houston before the Yankees.

I love the defensive comments that have been made. Altuve denies the trash can and ignores the buzzer. They get an immunity deal and then claim innocence.

Plunk 'em all, early and often.

Rob Manfred is a POS humping a massive-and-growing Houston cable market. No integrity whatsoever.

When the Astros had press credentials on a guy camera-phone stealing signs from the press pit next to (plexi-glass barrier between) the Indians dugout and relaying them across the diamond via the apple watch, the recipients then can-banged in an audio relay to the hitters. We were cheated by Houston before the Yankees.
The Astros lost 100 games 6-7 years ago, not sure Houston is a booming baseball market. They were fortunate to put together some really good drafts, they acquired some FA pitchers and won. I've watched the Tribe lose fair and square over the years.
In the 2016 world series, the Astros won two games at home and two games on the road. One of the games they won at home was in extra innings. To say they cheated, AND gained a distinct an advantage is debatable.

I love the defensive comments that have been made. Altuve denies the trash can and ignores the buzzer. They get an immunity deal and then claim innocence.

Plunk 'em all, early and often.
Yea, that'll teach them??? I wonder how many opening day Astros this season was with the team in 2016?

The Astros lost 100 games 6-7 years ago, not sure Houston is a booming baseball market. They were fortunate to put together some really good drafts, they acquired some FA pitchers and won. I've watched the Tribe lose fair and square over the years.
In the 2016 world series, the Astros won two games at home and two games on the road. One of the games they won at home was in extra innings. To say they cheated, AND gained a distinct an advantage is debatable.
I believe that they have the 5th largest cable market in America in Houston metro, and it's under-performing is my point. Yankees market will tune in no matter what he pulls on them. No need to hump them.

Are you able to follow that, now ?

I hope so. Anybody in that bunch should go home dirty from hitting the deck every series next year
Yea, that'll teach them??? I wonder how many opening day Astros this season was with the team in 2016?
Good lord. "in that bunch", meaning those that cheated.

You are quite obtuse. Do you think in English ?

Bauer was all over this as it was happening, as he was with the spin-rate sticky-fingers magic. Maybe you'll get up to speed this season when you hear it 87 times....

Knowing what is coming is a pretty good advantage. Still have to hit it, but man is it a good advantage!

The Astros lost 100 games 6-7 years ago, not sure Houston is a booming baseball market.

So dense and uninformed. Houston is the 4th largest city in America, and the surrounding metro area is massive. New York, LA, Chicago are bigger cities, and they all have 2 teams. Plus, people is Austin and San Antonio tend to be Astros fans too, since Dallas/Fort Worth is 4-5 hour drive. Cable TV revenue is potentially #1 in the MLB.

So dense and uninformed. Houston is the 4th largest city in America, and the surrounding metro area is massive. New York, LA, Chicago are bigger cities, and they all have 2 teams. Plus, people is Austin and San Antonio tend to be Astros fans too, since Dallas/Fort Worth is 4-5 hour drive. Cable TV revenue is potentially #1 in the MLB.
Not doubting the size of the city, just the interest in baseball. Everybody loves a winner.

Knowing what is coming is a pretty good advantage. Still have to hit it, but man is it a good advantage!
Well they weren't very good at it then. If they scored 10 runs every game and won in sweeps and blowouts, don't you think the evidence would be a little more supported?

Good lord. "in that bunch", meaning those that cheated.

You are quite obtuse. Do you think in English ?

Bauer was all over this as it was happening, as he was with the spin-rate sticky-fingers magic. Maybe you'll get up to speed this season when you hear it 87 times....
Much like the steroid scandal, who people claimed to know after the fact, including the media, it's water under the bridge now. If you're not going to do anything about it at the time, it's a little weak to say much about it now. It's time to move on folks...

So just for kicks...if you picked up a sign that a "fastball" was being thrown, would you be able to decipher if it was a two seam, four seam, cutter, etc??