Around the AFCN 2021

Have to be impressed with how the Bengals overhauled their OL this past week. I don't recognize the Bengals front office anymore.

1 browns
2 Bengals
3 steelers
4 ravens.
I'm a Browns fan for 50 years but with the new offensive line I'd rank the Bengals as clear favorites.

If Watson avoids suspension, the Browns could be #2, and push the Bengals. If he is suspended 4-8 games, could be much worse.

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time, the Browns fans were screaming " Super Bowl" and how Baker Mayfield was going to lead them to the promised land. Bengals fans were speculating on whether their coach should be fired, if Burrow could stay upright, and how they must draft Penei Sewell over another receiver. It will be interesting to see how the year will play out. I wouldn't get too cocky if I were a Cincinnati fan, and I wouldn't get overhyped again, Browns fans. We might all be looking at the Super Bowl Ravens. But then, I guess that's why they are called " fans."

One could make a argument for any of the teams finishing first or fourth.

Cincinnati: I really like what the Bengals have done by getting 3 new Oline starters but history says the losing Super Bowl team struggles. Throw in a 1st place schedule, the Bengals will not sneak up on anyone in 2022.

Baltimore: The have to be healthier in 2022 than what they were in 2021. Lost their starting center but signed a solid safety. Biggest concern is Jackson - he will be playing on his 5th contract year, I’m sure he wants an extension before the season starts. He’s handled it with class thus far but things could go south like they have in Arizona with Kyler Murray.

Steelers: If the won 9 games with a 38 year old statue at qb, then I like their chances to win 9 games again with the players they have added in free agency. Tribusky has been a average NFL qb (similar to Baker) but he has a positive attitude, wants to be in Pittsburgh and is very mobile (all unlike Baker). The Myles Jack signing could be a good one.

Browns: Regarding football only, Browns are definitely better at qb now than when they had Baker. The problem is 2022 could be a wash as one has to assume Watson will get an 8 game suspension that maybe gets appealed/reduced to 6 games. I really like the backup qb Brissett signing but 2022 could be over with before Watson takes his first snap.

Matt Ryan just got traded to Indy for a 3rd round pick - just making the playoffs in the AFC will be brutal.

One could make a argument for any of the teams finishing first or fourth.

Cincinnati: I really like what the Bengals have done by getting 3 new Oline starters but history says the losing Super Bowl team struggles. Throw in a 1st place schedule, the Bengals will not sneak up on anyone in 2022.

Baltimore: The have to be healthier in 2022 than what they were in 2021. Lost their starting center but signed a solid safety. Biggest concern is Jackson - he will be playing on his 5th contract year, I’m sure he wants an extension before the season starts. He’s handled it with class thus far but things could go south like they have in Arizona with Kyler Murray.

Steelers: If the won 9 games with a 38 year old statue at qb, then I like their chances to win 9 games again with the players they have added in free agency. Tribusky has been a average NFL qb (similar to Baker) but he has a positive attitude, wants to be in Pittsburgh and is very mobile (all unlike Baker). The Myles Jack signing could be a good one.

Browns: Regarding football only, Browns are definitely better at qb now than when they had Baker. The problem is 2022 could be a wash as one has to assume Watson will get an 8 game suspension that maybe gets appealed/reduced to 6 games. I really like the backup qb Brissett signing but 2022 could be over with before Watson takes his first snap.

Matt Ryan just got traded to Indy for a 3rd round pick - just making the playoffs in the AFC will be brutal.
This is a pretty reasonable assessment. Maybe a little overly optimistic on the Trubisky point, but hey, we understand that is your team. Time will tell...

Bringing up the health of the teams is important. In 2021, the Bengals had generally good health for most of their key guys. Ravens were ravaged, and Browns were not far behind the Ravens in terms of key guys missing games. And yet the division was close, right down to the final 2 weeks.

I'd expect another close race this year.

Just looking at this thread for the first time.... just about everyone had wrong takes at about the end of last years regular season ?

It would be great if someone else would start a 2022
Probably the reason they aren’t is the Browns, Bengals and Steelers get their own long thread every year and there apparently aren’t any Ravens fans to carry a yearly thread about them on Yappi.

Probably the reason they aren’t is the Browns, Bengals and Steelers get their own long thread every year and there apparently aren’t any Ravens fans to carry a yearly thread about them on Yappi.
With being a seasonal worker.
I miss the draft. & off season moves. Plus I see it best to let the team pages be for the team fans.
Letting the trash talking on this thread.