Around the AFCN 2021

After Monday's night game one team's fans will be looking at the draft. We already know that the Steelers will be looking at QBs.
I think the Browns looks at the depth. That the 3 picks lost that GB game. Baker should mature.
Cincinnati would be looking at depth also. The Ravens fell apart without Lamar that leaves a big question if he comes back as was. That a lot of qbs that get hurt looses a step.
Makes it where. I can see Ohio. Battling for the AFCN next couple seasons.
I really do not follow college.
But I hear . This draft class is down.

After Monday's night game one team's fans will be looking at the draft. We already know that the Steelers will be looking at QBs.
I think the Browns looks at the depth. That the 3 picks lost that GB game. Baker should mature.
Cincinnati would be looking at depth also. The Ravens fell apart without Lamar that leaves a big question if he comes back as was. That a lot of qbs that get hurt looses a step.
Heads up, I think Brian1227 hacked your account. This is barely English and is unintelligible.

This draft is loaded with lineman.

Not so much at QB.

The Browns need to dump Mayfield and get a veteran QB. They are a championship caliber team right now with an average/above average QB.

The Ravens offense is not the problem. Their DC is. The Ravens play the same cover zero every game regardless of who they are playing or who they have playing. The Bengals torched them in the first meeting when they were healthy playing the cover zero. Why would their DC think the result would be better with guys off the street playing the same D?

Pittsburgh is about to enter QB Purgatory. They'll win just enough games every (because Tomlin is that good) to miss out on the top picks and struggle with mediocre QB play.

The Bengals window is now. The need to address the LB position as well as OL in the off-season. They are spending roughly 20M this year on Boyd, Chase, Higgins and Burrow. Better put great players around them now because in 3 years that group could cost 100M+.

The Browns need to get wide receivers, especially vets. Landry and Higgins will be gone. so it is imperative that the receivers be re-stocked. It will be difficult to bring in vets, however, as they look to the Stefanski style of throwing to the tight ends rather than the wideouts, and they see the fiasco with OBJ and, to a lesser extent, Landry. What they need is a receiver who can run precise routes and catch the ball. Never mind the blazing speed if the guy can't hold on to the ball.

The Browns need to get wide receivers, especially vets. Landry and Higgins will be gone. so it is imperative that the receivers be re-stocked. It will be difficult to bring in vets, however, as they look to the Stefanski style of throwing to the tight ends rather than the wideouts, and they see the fiasco with OBJ and, to a lesser extent, Landry. What they need is a receiver who can run precise routes and catch the ball. Never mind the blazing speed if the guy can't hold on to the ball.

I will trade anyone of the Bengals wr's for Conklin or Willis.

Why?

There are a ton of OL with first round grades in this draft and there are several veterans on teams that will need to alleviate cap space at seasons end. The Bengals have a lot of cap space next year. They should have no problem filling the holes in the off-season while keeping the key players.

Why?

There are a ton of OL with first round grades in this draft and there are several veterans on teams that will need to alleviate cap space at seasons end. The Bengals have a lot of cap space next year. They should have no problem filling the holes in the off-season while keeping the key players.
Close to 80 million in cap space if they cut Waynes and a few others

Why?

Yep. There will be some good free agent OL that see Burrow play that will say - I want to go win with that guy. Will Ebenezer Brown open his pocket book?

Why?

There was numerous top FA o - lineman available last year and except for Reiff the Bengals sat on their hands when it came to signing o - lineman. Mikey boy won't trade for an o - lineman and doubtful he will sign any. Bengals will stick with Carman and probably try to move him to RT. Bengals are fortunate Burrow has only broken his little finger this season as he is on pace to become the 1st Bengals QB to be sacked 50 plus times in a season. I am a firm believer at all levels good online, defense, competent QB, you will win a lot of games in football, HS, college or NFL. When I posted I would trade any of the Bengals receivers for one of the Browns tackles, that is just my thinking on how I view receivers or rbs vs o - lineman. If the Browns had Burrow at QB they would be one of the top 4 teams in the NFL even with all their covid and injuries.

Last edited:
good lord. give it a rest. are you going to hijack every thread. why would you trade any of the weapons the bengals have? even mikey boy can't screw up this off season. as said by anyone with a brain........if they don't draft OL and LB with majority of their picks they are dumb.

you could have it worse and be a steelers or browns fan.

you are entering omar status with your infatuation with certain things.

jtk
()

They have pretty much all the offensive talent tied up for 3-4 seasons. This offseason is an absolute NO BRAINER for the bengals.
If they do not address the OL aggressively then I suggest bengals fans to rise up in an Jan 6 insurrestion style attack on Mikey Boy's palatial estate and demand new ownership

The Browns would trade Conklin or Wills for Higgins or Chase in a heartbeat. I pray the Bengals are dumb enough to make that offer, but they won't. Weapons like that are hard to find and vital to today's NFL.

The Browns would trade Conklin or Wills for Higgins or Chase in a heartbeat. I pray the Bengals are dumb enough to make that offer, but they won't. Weapons like that are hard to find and vital to today's NFL.
Are you Mike Brown? How many receivers did NE ever draft in the 1st rd or GB the last 20 years? Nobody ever heard of CJ Uzomah before this year.

They have pretty much all the offensive talent tied up for 3-4 seasons. This offseason is an absolute NO BRAINER for the bengals.
If they do not address the OL aggressively then I suggest bengals fans to rise up in an Jan 6 insurrestion style attack on Mikey Boy's palatial estate and demand new ownership
I have been a Bengals fan for over 50 years Mike Brown could care less about what the fans or anyone else thinks.

Are you Mike Brown? How many receivers did NE ever draft in the 1st rd or GB the last 20 years? Nobody ever heard of CJ Uzomah before this year.
Only WR I can recall the Pats taking in the 1st round was N'Keal Harry. TEs Daniel Graham and Benjamin Watson were also 1st rounders. I think the Packers' choice of Javon Walker was within that 20 year window. The Packers have not drafted a TE or WR in the 1st round since drafting Rodgers, which has been a major bone of contention b/w Rodgers and the organization in recent years. Favre and Rodgers made guys like Robert Brooks, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, and Jordy Nelson look like Pro Bowlers.

Anyone else get the feeling the Browns-Bengals game is a strong candidate to be flexed to Sunday night? The only reasons I could see it not happening would be: 1) The Bengals beat the Chiefs to clinch the division and 2) The league will have to make the decision long before the result of the Steelers-Browns game is known.

Steelers are projected to have 43.7 M in cap space in 2022. I don’t think this includes Bens cap space so they will have some money to spend on upgrades.

Anyone else get the feeling the Browns-Bengals game is a strong candidate to be flexed to Sunday night? The only reasons I could see it not happening would be: 1) The Bengals beat the Chiefs to clinch the division and 2) The league will have to make the decision long before the result of the Steelers-Browns game is known.
Or to Saturday

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211231-154235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231-154235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 9
Only WR I can recall the Pats taking in the 1st round was N'Keal Harry. TEs Daniel Graham and Benjamin Watson were also 1st rounders. I think the Packers' choice of Javon Walker was within that 20 year window. The Packers have not drafted a TE or WR in the 1st round since drafting Rodgers, which has been a major bone of contention b/w Rodgers and the organization in recent years. Favre and Rodgers made guys like Robert Brooks, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, and Jordy Nelson look like Pro Bowlers.
Arguably two of the best run organizations, and why other teams don't copy their blueprint is baffling.

For variety's sake, they should. Ratings would be really good. But this is the N(FC East)ational Football League. Browns-Bengals will not beat out Cowboys-Eagles if the Eagles are win-and-in for playoffs and especially if Dallas is angling for the number one seed. No matter how. many. times. we have. to see Dem Boyz. When does the trigger on the flex have to be pulled?

For variety's sake, they should. Ratings would be really good. But this is the N(FC East)ational Football League. Browns-Bengals will not beat out Cowboys-Eagles if the Eagles are win-and-in for playoffs and especially if Dallas is angling for the number one seed. No matter how. many. times. we have. to see Dem Boyz. When does the trigger on the flex have to be pulled?
For Week 18, two Saturday games and the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to January 9. The schedule does not list Saturday games or a Sunday night game in Week 18, but games with playoff implications will be moved to those time slots. Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into primetime.

For Week 18, two Saturday games and the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to January 9. The schedule does not list Saturday games or a Sunday night game in Week 18, but games with playoff implications will be moved to those time slots. Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into primetime.

Browns-Bengals and Pats-Dolphins to Saturday?

For better or worse there is a lot of Cowboy fans.

For most weeks, the league rules state that the league must give 12 days notice when flexing a game into the Sun. night time slot. For week 18 however, they have 6 days to make the call in order to ensure a game with playoff implications is shown. We'll know before the Browns and Steelers play on Mon, they'll most likely make the call by 9pm tomorrow, so NBC will have ample opportunity to promote it during the Vikings-Packers game. I think you're probably right with the Cowboys-Eagles as the frontrunner, especially with the Cowboys being at home. Heck, it seems like the Cowboys are always at home for their nationally televised games.

From the league's website:

"2021 Flexible Scheduling Procedures
"Flexible scheduling" will be used in Weeks 11-18. Additionally, in Weeks 5-10, flexible scheduling may be used in no more than two weeks. In Weeks 5-17, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time.

NFL FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-18
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 18 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 18) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night."

Last edited:
Steelers will not be drafting a QB. OL, DL, DBs. They will have a ton of cap space especially with Ben exiting will fill some holes with FAs.