Are you still wearing a mask?

Are you still wearing a mask?

• Total voters

OhioBobcatFan06

Throughout this nonsense, I’ve mostly only worn a mask inside stores.

My strategy since the updated guidelines were released is to walk into the store with the mask pulled down. I’ll pull it up if I walk past others wearing a mask out of respect... same thing with going to the checkout where the employees are wearing a mask... I’ll do it purely out of respect.

So basically, I’m applying common sense which is what we should’ve done all along.

Was out and about quite a bit in The WC/Mason today...majority still masked, but probably 70% vs. 98%.

If it’s required under penalty of no service or removal from the building only...or if a homeowner requests I wear do one to enter their house at their appraisal inspection. Other than that, no. Gas stations and grocery stores, no. Kroger announced very early on they would not refuse service because of no mask. It’s been nearly a year that I’ve worn one in Kroger, much to the chagrin of some frightened shoppers. My mask is on the inside and I call it my immune system.

Places around here stopped inforcing it on March. Haven't worn mine much at all during this whole thing. At work I'll wear from the front door until our hallway about 20.feet just on case some turd turns me in.

Pretty much been a non starter. Ya know the places that did not care for his past year so they got my business exclusively

If it’s required under penalty of no service or removal from the building only...or if a homeowner requests I wear do one to enter their house at their appraisal inspection. Other than that, no. Gas stations and grocery stores, no. Kroger announced very early on they would not refuse service because of no mask. It’s been nearly a year that I’ve worn one in Kroger, much to the chagrin of some frightened shoppers. My mask is on the inside and I call it my immune system.
Kroger, WalMart due to the majority of the shoppers at these establishments masks should be required at all times. Not because of the virus. Most of the shoppers would be a whole lot better looking with masks. Nothing personal Steel Valley.;)

Throughout this nonsense, I’ve mostly only worn a mask inside stores.

My strategy since the updated guidelines were released is to walk into the store with the mask pulled down. I’ll pull it up if I walk past others wearing a mask out of respect... same thing with going to the checkout where the employees are wearing a mask... I’ll do it purely out of respect.

So basically, I’m applying common sense which is what we should’ve done all along.

I keep it in the chin diaper position at all times. Like you said if the store doesn't require it but pretty much everyone has one on out of respect I pull mine up, if the vast majority of folks don't have one on I leave it down.

Social Media Posts of the Day​

tweet whats science nba coach mask anomaly fakest stupidest abusive power overreach

I've never worn one , and I'd like everyone to continue to respect that by staying 6 feet away from me at all times unless you're feeding me or giving me sex.

It's just good policy.

I'd say most stores will keep the mask mandates for a short time, then in a week or two it will quietly go away. Costco, WalMart and Trader Joe's used it as a marketing ploy and that's dangerous. Some states and municipalities are still requiring it, so you're putting those leaders of those strores in a bind.

How did why you were to wear the mask get lost? It was reported when they decided you should wear one that it was to protect people from you and it did nothing to protect you. It was reported that this would slow the virus down so hospital and equipment would be able to keep up. Now I am hearing if you have the vacs you do not need to wear one but you need to keep wearing it if you have not . I ask why?

I'd say most stores will keep the mask mandates for a short time, then in a week or two it will quietly go away. Costco, WalMart and Trader Joe's used it as a marketing ploy and that's dangerous. Some states and municipalities are still requiring it, so you're putting those leaders of those strores in a bind.
I think all of those have said subject to state and local guidelines.

How did why you were to wear the mask get lost? It was reported when they decided you should wear one that it was to protect people from you and it did nothing to protect you. It was reported that this would slow the virus down so hospital and equipment would be able to keep up. Now I am hearing if you have the vacs you do not need to wear one but you need to keep wearing it if you have not . I ask why?
They need to be able to identify the far right conservatives and that's why you have to keep wearing the mask. It's to protect others from you. Not from the virus from you, a simple vaccination can accomplish that, but from a conservatives mindset and principles that may spread dangerously through society if left unidentified in social settings.

The mask has become the scarlet letter.

I entered a clients place of business last Friday and the owner said "when are you getting vaccinated"? I asked her what made her think I wasn't vaccinated? She said the mask, everyone who is vaccinated doesn't have to wear it.

This caused me to decide that I will wear my mask for awhile now, so everyone can see that I am clearly a deranged lunatic and give me a wide birth. Moms will hide their children from the potential Covid I may pass to them. The mask now means you are compliant or scared.

The school where my wife works sent out a text message Saturday saying fully vaccinated people need not wear a mask. The unvaccinated teachers were rather unsure how that was going to work as students would certainly have opinions on the vaccine from a political perspective.

Sunday they sent another text out where Dewine said since children were largely unvaccinated at this time all teachers regardless of their state of vaccination need to continue with the mask wearing.

The left have to kind of be in a quandy when it comes to employment and their jobs. As we all know, to be able to exist in this country long term, you have to be able to attract and retain employment. Now all of us know that for business to survive, you have to have people that buy and or consume your product. When you have lack of employees, it hurts the business and people will go elsewhere to do their business. When you overpay for labor ($15 hour minimum wage for jobs that don't warrant it), you can't stay in business because you spend more than you make.

Now for many young people, and I put some who are even up to age 25 in this category, it becomes very real for them when they actually get away from Mom and Dad's wing and have to pay for things and see what taxes are taken out of their pay, etc.

We just got notice at work no masks if vaccinated for more than two weeks.
Here is the kicker, because of HIPPA they cannot ask to see your card.....

HA

I only wear them where they are required. I do it out of respect for the establishment in which we are and the workers who are tasked with enforcing this stuff. I just don't get the idea where people feel it is their job to not only defy the rules, but then make sure those who are asked to enforce them, know their opinion on the matter.

I had to laugh the other day when I was out for a run and saw a couple quickly scramble to put their masks on when as I ran past them. It was even funnier when I passed them again on my way back and they did it again.

HA
Same here as far as the masks go. Our company is wanting employees to upload their cards to indicate they have been vaccinated or not. Participation is low with that. They want the leaders to enforce it with our teams and make sure the ones without masks are vaccinated and those that aren't have masks on. Hard pass from me. I am not policing people's private health records.

I was just refused service at BP in Columbus for not having a mask on. I said I don’t wear them I’ll go elsewhere if need be and he said go.

The ironic part is he was a gang banger based on the teardrop tats in the corner of his eye. Apparently ghetto gangs and guns aren't frightening to him but this deadly virus is lol. I’ve been in that BP five or six times this. month without a mask on.

I was just refused service at BP in Columbus for not having a mask on. I said I don’t wear them I’ll go elsewhere if need be and he said go.

The ironic part is he was a gang banger based on the teardrop tats in the corner of his eye. Apparently ghetto gangs and guns aren't frightening to him but this deadly virus is lol. I’ve been in that BP five or six times this. month without a mask on.
Corner of Yearling and 5th?

So you went inside to pay or buy something? Surely not fueling outside at the pump?

HA

Let's get some t shirts made up with " I'm fully Vaccinated"in big letters with two stick figures hugging...then in real little letters below..." Sometimes I Lie for Hugs"

I only wear them where they are required. I do it out of respect for the establishment in which we are and the workers who are tasked with enforcing this stuff. I just don't get the idea where people feel it is their job to not only defy the rules, but then make sure those who are asked to enforce them, know their opinion on the matter.

I had to laugh the other day when I was out for a run and saw a couple quickly scramble to put their masks on when as I ran past them. It was even funnier when I passed them again on my way back and they did it again.

I was walking on the sidewalk. A nice looker coming towards me smiles. I know I still got it. She was 40ish. I smile back and she steps to the far right of the sidewalk to give me my six feet. Smiling the whole time.

sigh

I will wear masks inside until June 2. After that ANY business that mandates masking will lose my patronage.

Interestingly I've had a couple of places tell me I didn't need to wear my mask as I entered. I gladly take it off then.

I've talked to the management at a couple of big box stores I spend a lot of money at and while they haven't been officially notified the rumors are that all mask mandates disappear June 2 for their stores.

So you went inside to pay or buy something? Surely not fueling outside at the pump?

Yes, I went inside to buy something and pay for gas. UDF at Lazelle and 23 got my business instead. The BP guy was likely just enjoying some tiny little power over Whitey while seeing it as a chance for less work in his day.