Are you fully vaccinated? Why or why not?

JackEd

I got the Pfizer vaccination because it was free, and my mom and in-laws are above 60, but quit wearing a mask after the second one. If the masks worked we wouldn’t need a vaccine and if the vaccine works we don’t need masks. My children age 4,8,12 (years apart are purely coincidence) won’t be getting vaccinated for two reasons: 1) Not enough time has passed to see if there will be any long term side effects and 2)They’ve been in school with hundreds of kids since September and haven’t even gotten more than the common cold.

my son plays football, basketball and baseball and both my daughters dance. There immune systems seem to fine and like said before there wasn’t a clinical trial.

winbypin

The vax is the only thing pushing numbers down. Exercising may protect you, but if you catch and spread it to someone else you are spreading the virus. I have a good friend that had Covid (mid 50's) and he still has issues with oxygen levels as his lungs have permanent scar tissue. He was in good shape, not overweight, no pre-existing conditions and very careful with masks and social distancing. For most of you the reason you are afraid of the Vax is political or conspiracy theories you have picked up on you tube or Alt Right media.

The problem is if everyone thought like you we would be over 1 M dead by fall and look like India by winter. You get that...it is not all about you and your personal health it impacts everyone in the community and it evolves into variants with more community spread. If the virus has a 99% survival rate. the Vax has a 99.99999% safety rate.
If I was you I would wear 3 masks from now on. Forever. You never know. You might catch a cold or something.

Reactions: y2h

Steel Valley FB

I’m wondering if Happier can explain the science behind the drop in US flu cases in 2019-2020 of 38,000,000 to less than 2,000 in 2020-2021.

y2h

The vax is the only thing pushing numbers down. Exercising may protect you, but if you catch and spread it to someone else you are spreading the virus. I have a good friend that had Covid (mid 50's) and he still has issues with oxygen levels as his lungs have permanent scar tissue. He was in good shape, not overweight, no pre-existing conditions and very careful with masks and social distancing. For most of you the reason you are afraid of the Vax is political or conspiracy theories you have picked up on you tube or Alt Right media.

The problem is if everyone thought like you we would be over 1 M dead by fall and look like India by winter. You get that...it is not all about you and your personal health it impacts everyone in the community and it evolves into variants with more community spread. If the virus has a 99% survival rate. the Vax has a 99.99999% safety rate.
People having the virus is pushing the numbers down in equal fashion.

1 million dead 😂

What part of India is a third world country do you not understand?

It's not political or conspiracy theories...its common sense to weight the risk versus benefit of an issue. With a virus I have a 99% survival rate and high likelihood of mild symptoms I have little benefit from a vaccine. I dont do the flu vaccine either.

And yes it is about my personal health, if you are vaccinated it doesnt matter what I decide is best for me.

bob99

I know of a guy who had Covid. He is elderly and obese but he survived apparently without any problems. He is well informed and claims to know as much if not more than the doctors. Even after having Covid, which should make him more immune to getting Covid again, he still chose to be vaccinated. Was he vaccinated due to concern for himself? Or did he receive the vaccine for the concern of others? He apparently thought it was the right thing to do. Yes I have been fully vaccinated. If it is good enough for President Trump than it is good enough for me.

winbypin

I know of a guy who had Covid. He is elderly and obese but he survived apparently without any problems. He is well informed and claims to know as much if not more than the doctors. Even after having Covid, which should make him more immune to getting Covid again, he still chose to be vaccinated. Was he vaccinated due to concern for himself? Or did he receive the vaccine for the concern of others? He apparently thought it was the right thing to do. Yes I have been fully vaccinated. If it is good enough for President Trump than it is good enough for me.
You should ask your elderly, obese, covid survivor friend to see why he got the vaccine and not us on yappi.

boiler

Yes I have been fully vaccinated. If it is good enough for President Trump than it is good enough for me.
Yet, you are so compassionate for others you choose to wear a mask. I bet you have the liberal yard sign that either says "Hate has no Home Here" or "We believe...." just to say you are better than everyone.

HTFF

Just curious
If 285 million doses have been given in the US
Over a billion given worldwide
When is it vetted enough
And since we no longer have polio or smallpox due to a vaccine developed and administered generations ago when the vetting process were much less sophisticated I’m not quite sure I understand the more vetting “logic”

ProV1

Just curious
When is it vetted enough
And since we no longer have polio or smallpox due to a vaccine developed and administered generations ago when the vetting process were much less sophisticated I’m not quite sure I understand the more vetting “logic”
It is impossible to understand their logic.

Gardens35

Yet, you are so compassionate for others you choose to wear a mask. I bet you have the liberal yard sign that either says "Hate has no Home Here" or "We believe...." just to say you are better than everyone.
HAHA! The first time i saw the "HATE HAS NO HOME HERE" I was driving down a country road. For some reason I thought that the sign said "NATE HAS NO HOME HERE". I thought "Wow, this Nate dude really F'd up".

y2h

Just curious
When is it vetted enough
Long term effects 🤷‍♂️

There is a reason these things are studied for years.

HTFF

Oh so is it now ok to get a polio or smallpox vaccine. Given your flawed logic. We should just now be starting a program to vaccinate everyone for smallpox. I’ll go get in line... oh wait I had it 50+ years ago ....and I and millions and millions of others are fine

sorry. Flawed logic

boiler

Oh so is it now ok to get a polio or smallpox vaccine. Given your flawed logic. We should just now be starting a program to vaccinate everyone for smallpox. I’ll go get in line... oh wait I had it 50+ years ago ....and I and millions and millions of others are fine

sorry. Flawed logic
You do realize that the Covid vaccine is the first mRNA vaccines produced for large scale distribution. There are no long term studies about the effects of this vaccine. We are the test subjects. No one knows what will be the effects 5, 10 or more years down the road. Useful idiots is the best word to describe those who believe the polio vaccine is similar to the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

HTFF

Once again where were the long term studies of the polio or smallpox vaccine
There were none then either. You of course realize the mRNA is considered much safer than the antiquated technology of polio/smallpox vaccines.....
Simple minded is conjured up from your sad response as observed from this useful idiot. Simple thoughts from simple minds...
Don’t hold you iPhone too close to your head without a tinfoil shield till effects are fully known HaHaHaaaa

Omar

I am fully vaccinated but don’t judge those who aren’t. Frankly, I’m more annoyed by the cultish idiots who think it’s some kind of personal achievement.

Hammerdrill

The bigger issue we have now is the false idea that having had COVID is somehow not as good as being vaccinated. The science of course tells us that natural immunity is far superior to any of the vaccines. Yet here we go again, with the people in power telling us otherwise.