Are you FOR or Against what is happening at the Hall of Fame Village

Are you FOR or AGAINST what is happening at the Hall of Fame Village??

• FOR

Votes: 49 90.7%
  • AGAINST

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Move along nothing to see here….

“ People smarter than any of us with more money than all of us disagree with you pounder as the construction continues.”

^^That similar statement has been said by multiple people, several times.

Those smart people with more money than all of us must’ve been following Yappi closely for advice.

The reality is many get on here to just bash the city and throw shade. Maybe not you insane but there is no denying this. I contested the pic and the very loose connections being made.

All I know is there continues to be work on the project no matter what is posted on here
Fields continue to be used
Hall of Fame continues to have visitors, and plans events
The indoor has a full slate or leagues and will be built
The HOF Induction will still happen this summer

Doesn't change the fact that some A HOLE put a picture of faith based people doing something and he tried to correlate it to the HOFV and the crime rate of Canton. Just a big swirl of jabs with very loose connections and no real stance on why the pic was used.

Gee for people that don't like Canton and are obviously aloof to the relationship between the NFL and HOF - certainly see posts on here from the haters quite often - like do you guys really think just because you speak or type something that it becomes reality?
The name is PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME not the NFL HOF. The NFL and OWNERS want the HOF to stay separate and impartial. The HOF has shifted gears and is growing - no matter the investors - it will grow and the complex will become a tourist attraction. IF the NFL was going to go a different direction they had their chance when Jerry Jones offered to bankroll the whole deal if they let him move it to Texas.
Making it to Canton will forever be the goal of NFL players. Canton, Ohio gets to be the Hall of Fame City for pro football. Fact. Deal with it.
Thats ENVY that is making some of you hate, it is one of those 7 deadlys - good luck with that.
It’s a sad day for this A HOLE when the great area he grew up in is now teaching how to treat a gunshot wound to it’s teens. I commend the man for attempting to do something to help, no matter how sad I think it is.
Now, the correlation being; they can spit-shine that mess of a city with all the bells and whistles they want, and the ole timers can sit and cheer how great some of these “improvements” are. In the end, I find it hard to believe that a project that has seen as many problems as HOFV, located in a crime-infested city, has long-term viability.

D00C61A1-396B-4F67-A343-78293BC3E5B1.png

Based on the last three Repository articles posted on here, it appears the Rep reads this site and places a great deal of stock into what John Lee Pettimore says.

In the last two (2) days, Rep articles have been posted confirming everything I've been saying for the last two (2) years....

#1) Despite it being done with the absolute best intentions, teaching teenagers how to treat gunshot wounds is not something done in normal cities of Cantons size and population.

#2) "Public enemy #1" IN ANY CITY, (with the exception of Chicago and parts of LA) is not teens with guns.

#3 ) Johnson Controls looking to divorce from HOFV.

Anyone want the winning lottery numbers for the next draw?

Last edited:
I'm still for what's going on there, still hope it all works out (which it can), any progress in that area is welcome. If they just finish what's been started now its an upgrade. Still some real smart people working things out.

That's the final straw for me. It's time for all local entities to quit on these developers. This is a consistent pattern with David Baker, IRG, M Klein -- no matter what project, what state it's in, what venture. Everyone, and I mean everyone, ends up suing them, falling out with them, and the projects take forever or never get built. This has been going on since the 1990s with everything they touch. The verdict is unanimous and we look like fools.

They're not "taking a chance on us." They're scammers whether they know it or not. If you care about Canton and Stark County... QUIT NOW.

It's over, bro. Stop being simplistic. This isn't about Massillon-McKinley no matter how bad you and others want it to be. Projects like these ruin cities.
Despite things potentially grinding to a predicted halt....the issues that should have been priority in Canton will still be there.

With or without the village, "teens with guns" will remain as "enemy #1"....With or without the village, young teens, who should be worried about the big exam or the big game or....the big school dance....will still be educated on how to treat a gunshot wound....which....taking us full circle....was probably caused by someone their very own age. Sad.

What exactly is "over"? So I can quote you later. Thanks
Everyone, all over the country, quits on these guys. Now Johnson Controls wants out. It's totally unanimous. You believe in a scam. Do you think they're just misunderstood and are actually great guys trying really hard against all odds?

Everyone, all over the country, quits on these guys. Now Johnson Controls wants out. It's totally unanimous. You believe in a scam. Do you think they're just misunderstood and are actually great guys trying really hard against all odds?
“These are all normal construction delays”. Signed my2sense

Still to this day he claims it’s normal of projects to have these problems. LMAO!!

I have been in construction for 30 years and have never seen a $=/f show like this one. Oh yes, their was one other. The Hoover Project was the same way. Guess who bankrupted that project? Yep IRG, same people as HOFV.

I am all for this village. However, I think they are throwing the money away investing in Canton. The cities crime rate is the highest in Ohio and its a dieing city. I wish or hope that my opinion is not correct. I won't let my wife drive through Canton and I only will when necessary.
Canton certainly has its rough edges but there are a number of cities in the region I'd feel less secure driving or walking through at night than Canton.