Are you a true West Sider??

He is a liar and has lied repeatedly though out the whole process. They have so much good will for the work they do, no politician or other public official would call them on it.

The work they do is good, is important and is welcomed by the people of West Price Hill. His lies, his bullying and his insults are not.
I asked myself what would motivate an owner of a property like that from advertising it on the open market to maximize the sales price. It occurred to me that what almost happened here is exactly what they feared. Some group could decide your private property is “historic” and convince the government to slap a designation on it that makes it almost impossible to sell or get anywhere near market value.

I asked myself what would motivate an owner of a property like that from advertising it on the open market to maximize the sales price. It occurred to me that what almost happened here is exactly what they feared. Some group could decide your private property is “historic” and convince the government to slap a designation on it that makes it almost impossible to sell or get anywhere near market value.
Hilarious, you got Mojo calling people liars, and bullies over a building that is not his. Think instead of Mr. Price Hill, Mojo should be St. Price Hill?

I can't tell if this is back-handed or serious.
No back-handed remarks here. I was very impressed with the modern updated classrooms and science labs. Everything from the Kyle Rudolph weight room to the newly painted wrestling gym and the new PIT stadium upgrades was top notch. I liked all the new cement walk ways between the buildings along with the Rudemiller Court Yard in the middle. The "Green" sigh with his name on it was a neat touch.
It's all so very good...............;)

According to an Enquirer article, 13 Kroger locations in the Cincinnati area are pre-approved for "Type C" licenses for sports betting once it becomes legal in Ohio on January 1, 2023. The only Westside locations are the Marketplace stores in Colerain and Green townships.

Additionally--as you'd expect--quite a few Westside bars also were also pre-approved for Type C licenses (based on having both liquor permits and lottery terminals) including: After Werk, Curnayn's Tavern, Second Street Saloon, Game on Sports Bar, Linnie's Pub, Wishbone Tavern, Pirates Den, Barnesburg, Gametime, Knotty Pine, Cloverleaf Pub, J Taps, Keller's Cheviot Cafe, Poppy's Sports Bar, Crow's Nest, Ron's Roost, Jim & Jacks, Patrick's, Champions, Bucketheads, and Main Entrance.

Update: I did a little more researching into what Type C licenses and pre-approval mean and surprisingly the Enquirer might be wrong. According to the Ohio Lottery's website, pre-approval does not guarantee OCCC licensing. It's just part of the overall licensing process. Based on the FAQ page, sports bets at Type C licenses locations would be placed via a Keno terminal or something similar.

Last edited:
Thank you for the honor.
I think you would also be a great candidate to help save the Price a Hill Thanksgiving Day Parade! Come on, partner with Elder and your peeps in the community and git er done! You da man!!

Impressive that the Main Entrance is still open!

I think you would also be a great candidate to help save the Price a Hill Thanksgiving Day Parade! Come on, partner with Elder and your peeps in the community and git er done! You da man!!

Impressive that the Main Entrance is still open!
Sorry. I do a lot already, but with professional and family obligations I do not have the time necessary to devote to this. My work with kids and a number of statewide civic organizations and religious organizations leave little time for anything else. If someone takes the lead I would be happy to help where I can.

According to an Enquirer article, 13 Kroger locations in the Cincinnati area are pre-approved for "Type C" licenses for sports betting once it becomes legal in Ohio on January 1, 2023. The only Westside locations are the Marketplace stores in Colerain and Green townships.

Additionally--as you'd expect--quite a few Westside bars also were also pre-approved for Type C licenses (based on having both liquor permits and lottery terminals) including: After Werk, Curnayn's Tavern, Second Street Saloon, Game on Sports Bar, Linnie's Pub, Wishbone Tavern, Pirates Den, Barnesburg, Gametime, Knotty Pine, Cloverleaf Pub, J Taps, Keller's Cheviot Cafe, Poppy's Sports Bar, Crow's Nest, Ron's Roost, Jim & Jacks, Patrick's, Champions, Bucketheads, and Main Entrance.

Update: I did a little more researching into what Type C licenses and pre-approval mean and surprisingly the Enquirer might be wrong. According to the Ohio Lottery's website, pre-approval does not guarantee OCCC licensing. It's just part of the overall licensing process. Based on the FAQ page, sports bets at Type C licenses locations would be placed via a Keno terminal or something similar.

I wonder how difficult it is to get the OCCC license after pre-approval? This is a long list.

The Business Courier article about the demolition of the former Radel funeral home on Glenway had this interesting passage from Rachel Hastings who is the executive director of Price Hill Will. (Emphasis added.)

Asked what Cincinnati needs to do to ensure neighborhoods hang on to more such buildings they cherish, Hastings said neighborhoods need to ask the city to create more historic districts that would protect such structures from quick demolitions. She noted the presence of such districts in the urban core (all of Over-the-Rhine, for instance, is a historic district), but there are fewer in the other 50 neighborhoods. In particular, the city and neighborhoods need to think about vacant, historic churches as the local Catholic diocese consolidates parishes.

“What’s sad is instead of being proactive, we’re always reactive,” Hastings said. “That’s going to leave a bunch of empty buildings. It’s also going to leave buildings that have historically been the center of neighborhoods potentially vacant. We should start thinking about that now.”

During Monday's Green Township trustee meeting, the township's development director said he recently received a phone call from the engineering firm involved with the new Buffalo Wild Wings next to Kroger on Harrison Ave. He said he's hopeful that by the end of the year, there will be a building permit submitted for that project. At the previous meeting on July 25, he said construction on the Trail Side Village project may begin this fall.

During Monday's Green Township trustee meeting, the township's development director said he recently received a phone call from the engineering firm involved with the new Buffalo Wild Wings next to Kroger on Harrison Ave. He said he's hopeful that by the end of the year, there will be a building permit submitted for that project. At the previous meeting on July 25, he said construction on the Trail Side Village project may begin this fall.
The walk and bike trail off Hutchinson has survey markers where the new access road to Trail Side will cross the walking trail.

The US DOT announced $20,000,000 in funding for projects in Lower Price Hill, Queensgate and the West End.
Project Description: The project will connect the West End, Queensgate, and Lower Price Hill neighborhoods with street safety improvements, approximately 36 enhanced intersections, new bicycle facilities, and pedestrian amenities on three corridor segments totaling approximately 3.5 linear miles. Linn Street will be restored to a ‘great street,’ complete with bike and pedestrian enhancements to mitigate the impact of connections that were severed by the construction of Interstate 75 over Queensgate rail yard lines.
Page 111 of this PDF: https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/2022-08/RAISE 2022 Award Fact Sheets.pdf

Attachments

• B14B7E97-756E-488A-9233-F9035B48D812.jpeg
    B14B7E97-756E-488A-9233-F9035B48D812.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 22
Three real estate purchases of note:

I understand that the property on W8th that was to become a diner called "Dink's Turnaround" is under contract to New St. Joe's Cemetery. I have been thinking for a while that they would want that and adjoining properties since they have already levelled the old monument business to expand.

I understand that Elder has purchased the original Skyline lot on Glenway near Grand. I have no idea what they intend to do with that property.

I believe that Western Hills Windows is ready to expand. They have purchased the two residential lots adjoining their business at W8th and Overlook. The plan, as I understand it, is to demolish the two houses and expand their warehouse and loading dock. This will allow them to operate without blocking Overlook when they receive deliveries. Good to have a successful business stay in the neighborhood.

Last edited:
It looks like Skyline essentially donated the land to Elder. The auditor's site lists the sale price as $1.

Does anyone know what Cincinnati Landmark Productions uses the old Kahny Printing building for?

Three real estate purchases of note:

I understand that the property on W8th that was to become a diner called "Dink's Turnaround" is under contract to New St. Joe's Cemetery. I have been thinking for a while that they would want that and adjoining properties since they have already levelled the old monument business to expand.

I understand that Elder has purchased the original Skyline lot on Glenway near Grand. I have no idea what they intend to do with that property.

I believe that Western Hills Windows is ready to expand. They have purchased the two residential lots adjoining their business at W8th and Overlook. The plan, as I understand it, is to demolish the two houses and expand their warehouse and loading dock. This will allow them to operate without blocking Overlook when they receive deliveries. Good to have a successful business stay in the neighborhjood.
Do you mean Glenway near Beach ?

1660329610184.png