Are you a true West Sider??

There are some similarities to ‘08 for sure. ‘08 was caused by lending large sums of money to people who couldn’t pay and the loans were not backed by assets that could cover the loan. Then they packaged those loans and sold them to investors that didn’t do their homework and got badly burned. This could be similar if these investors are over paying for and/or over improving their rental properties to the point the rental market can no longer support the investment. Like ‘08 these things will be packaged and sold off, this time in REITs. This time evictions will send the signals that foreclosures sent in ‘08. It could get really ugly.
This why Hamilton County took many evictions “off” their website? Aftab allegedly had a “big plan” for the city including more affordable housing. I don’t see how many folks will be able to pay 1500$ a month minimum for rent in many of these neighborhoods. I thought these people are ran to help out the little guy, seems like all talk to me.

N
This why Hamilton County took many evictions “off” their website? Aftab allegedly had a “big plan” for the city including more affordable housing. I don’t see how many folks will be able to pay 1500$ a month minimum for rent in many of these neighborhoods. I thought these people are ran to help out the little guy, seems like all talk to me.
Nobody runs to help the little guy. That’s all talk and ignorant voters eat it up.

The City must hold the big investor's feet to the fire. Every violation needs to be levied against them. When my neighbor decided to rent out his former home, rather than sell, I told them, I will be your best friend (letting them know of any issues with their renters or the property itself) or their worst nightmare ( ratting them out to the City if they let the home get run down). Vigilance on the part of neighbors and the City is needed to keep these companies in line and letting them know they wont be able to suck the community dry.

Last edited:
I heard today that the old Best Buy in Glenway Crossing is going to be a Burlington Coat Factory.

I think that would be the second attempt for BCF to do business on the westside. I believe there was one in the old Gold Circle building that is now a storage facility near Champions.

The Green Township development director reported to our condo association that Menards has backed away from the Dent location. The former Dent Kroger building is for sale.
I'd like to have a Menards, but it would've been too close to Lowes for both stores to be successful. They ought to just knock Kroger down, it's already an eyesore.

The township also revealed that Olive Garden is considering the old Weinle Auto Sales site in Dent.
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

At least part of Weinle's old building is occupied by a company called Elite Auto Detailing and Window Tint which appears to be very much in business. Nearby there's the old Chevelle's building and the house next door which is also owned by the person who owns Chevelle's old building. It would be nice to see something new added there. There's also the empty land across Harrison next to Kroger where Buffalo Wild Wings was planned to move.

That stretch of Harrison is pretty insane. They keep cramming anything and everything they can there. It is extremely congested to say the least. They should really try to spread things out a bit.

Yeah there used to be like 5 locations in the late 80's. I was only a kid but I feel like I remember hearing something about legal issues or a falling out among the brothers but no idea what really happened. Getting a lotta trotta at someone's birthday or a sleepover was considered an amazing thing amongst my friends.
wasn't aware they had that many locations. i do remember in the early 90s they had one at 5 way where the marathon car wash sits, and one on queen city. the 5 way location closed. the queen city remained open. then it closed and a st jude parishoner opened up the current werk rd location in the late 90's or early 2000s.

what was the former establishment on werk rd? can't remember

jtk
()

What are the plans for this piece of land?

The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Cincinnati wants to acquire the structure at 4122 Glenway Ave., demolish it and build a $3.5 million youth workforce development center, which would be next door to its West Price Hill club. The organization said the building would be too costly to rehabilitate and use. The decision has drawn the ire of Price Hill residents, who say the structure is historically significant.

I was just thinking about all of the golf courses that have closed in the last 10-15 years on the West Side: Dunham which is now disc golf, Shawnee Lookout which Great Parks is now just park of the park and Hillview, Delhi Par 3, and Deer Run which are all now housing developments.

I was just thinking about all of the golf courses that have closed in the last 10-15 years on the West Side: Dunham which is now disc golf, Shawnee Lookout which Great Parks is now just park of the park and Hillview, Delhi Par 3, and Deer Run which are all now housing developments.
It is definitely sad to think about. My first real job was at Deer Run.

With that being said, this trend will continue in the Cincy area. It's simple economics...... the Cincy area has a HUGE supply of golf courses, and demand is continually falling among younger generations. Golf courses are expensive to upkeep, which keeps the price to play too high people, even people who want to golf. Golf, like baseball, has done nothing to adapt to attract younger people to the game.

Kenton County Golf Course had 54 holes of golf (3 separate 18 hole courses in 1 complex). Right before Covid the county closed one of the 18 courses and it is just parkland like with Shawnee Lookout.

I mean seriously think about how many golf courses/country clubs there are in the Cincy area. They all won't be able to keep up with dwindling demand and rising costs for the next generations. These courses are prime real estate for developers. I believe Deer Run was about 200 acres...... that's a lot of land for houses, and a ridiculous amount of upkeep to keep them nice looking. I worry about the entire Kenton County courses property being converted to houses since it is right by where I live...... It sits on over 600 acres. The area can not handle a neighborhood that large with schools, infrastructure, etc....... but it will happen eventually.

That this beautiful old mansion came down is a total disgrace. The Boys and Girls Club do a lot of good but they have been sucky neighbors. Pete is a very tear down kind of guy as one can tell from his tenure as Wet Price Hill Community Counsel president. He must be happy.
Yeah, tearing down an old, decaying building that has been sitting vacant for many years so that a community center could be built to benefit underserved kids in the area, that is just terrible. ?

I'm all for preserving old historical buildings. What Price Hill Will did with the Masonic Lodge and countless other buildings in PH is incredible. But this place has been sitting vacant for years and years and there's been very little interest in doing anything with it other than "saving the historical building." What then? Preserve it as a landmark where it will continue to decay and be an eyesore?

Beauty is in the eye of ther beholder I guess, but the building is ugly imo. Simply being old does not necessarily make a building "historic". This funeral home is not the same as the Gamble House, which actually had historical value.