Are you a true West Sider??

I noticed opposite Panda Express in the shopping center, near Planet Fitness, it appears that they are installing a charging station for electric vehicles. Looks similar to the one at Meijer in Dent.

MSJ sent Delhi Township a letter of intent to build a home baseball field in Delhi Park.

1653335328901.png

If built it looks like MSJ's baseball field and expanded parking lot would occupy where Delhi Park fields #7 and #8 and two soccer fields currently sit.

1653335358217.png

MSJ sent Delhi Township a letter of intent to build a home baseball field in Delhi Park.

View attachment 29900
If built it looks like MSJ's baseball field and expanded parking lot would occupy where Delhi Park fields #7 and #8 and two soccer fields currently sit.

View attachment 29901

This is awesome!

Now about 16 or so years ago, MSJ was supposed to build a baseball stadium at their River Road fields, above where they built the softball stadium.

Delhi park definitely doesn't need all 9 baseball fields anymore, and losing 2 soccer fields isnt the end of the world either. If MSJ is paying for it, AND going to allow other uses such as little league games, this is an absolute no-brainer.

This is awesome!

Now about 16 or so years ago, MSJ was supposed to build a baseball stadium at their River Road fields, above where they built the softball stadium.

Delhi park definitely doesn't need all 9 baseball fields anymore, and losing 2 soccer fields isnt the end of the world either. If MSJ is paying for it, AND going to allow other uses such as little league games, this is an absolute no-brainer.
I assume MSJ is goring to maintain it as well? Agreed though, it’s a no brainer. Awesome for Delhi and cool for the younger kids who will get to play there.

Any idea why MSJ decided not to build a true field at the same complex as the softball stadium?
No I dont. I know right before they built the football stadium and built those River Road fields, they had a huge fundraising campaign and raised tuition significantly to pay for lots of campus additions that never came to fruition.

The softball field used to be on campus where the new field house is essentially. They moved it to build an actual stadium and they were supposed to build something where that field was, but I can't remember what that plan was.

An enclave of about 700 people on Cincinnati's West Side has become the focus of investors with wildly different visions for the neighborhood.

Sedamsville, where Pete Rose played baseball as a youth at Bold Face Park, has struggled for years, its buildings on a hill overlooking the Ohio River emptying out and decaying.

Now about two dozen houses and 15 vacant lots nestled in the hills just north of the park are being auctioned off in a court-ordered sale of foreclosed properties in receivership.

The properties were previously owned by Sedamsville landlord John Klosterman, who has a long history of Fair Housing Act violations, including sexually harassing female tenants.

Klosterman and his wife, Susan, declared bankruptcy in 2019. Their old properties are being sold to the highest cash bidder in the foreclosure sale that ends at 9 a.m. Monday.

The West Price Hill Community Council made sure there would be no steamroller. Local 12 was told the businesses that are taking over that block on Glenway across from Elder and Seton high schools are going to be a restaurant and a brewery, and they will use the existing buildings. There is no word on when they will be complete.

The City of Cincinnati appropriated $2 million toward the $4 million restaurant and brewpub project. Proponents say they are afraid if it gets delayed much longer, they may lose that funding.

Does Price Hill Will/West Price Hill Community Council/the city not know Verge Brewing has announced their decision to locate in Delhi? Or is there a different brewery planning to locate in Price Hill? Or was the Verge Brewing announcement about Delhi a ruse to get PHW to move the current tenants out?

EDIT: Never mind. I was looking back and found this post from last September where according to an Enquirer article, Tony Cafeo--owner of Incline Public House--wants to open a restaurant and brewery in those buildings. http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/are-you-a-true-west-sider.87997/post-8109756

Last edited:
Delhi trustees unanimously approved the letter of intent from MSJ for their baseball stadium in Delhi Park.
DELHI TOWNSHIP, Ohio — Mount St. Joseph University is one step closer to its first home baseball field.

Delhi Township trustees unanimously approved a letter of intent Thursday from Mount St. Joseph University for consideration of a collaborative effort regarding a baseball stadium in Delhi Park.

The rendering MSJ provided even shows the possibility for a soccer field in the outfield of the baseball stadium. So Delhi Park is giving up 2 baseball fields and 2 soccer fields which--if I remember correctly from my youth--sit in an area of the park with poor drainage and the park is getting back an artificial turf baseball field and soccer field.

It is great to see this cooperation between MSJ and Delhi. Should have been going on for decades. I do believe MSJ is the largest employer in Delhi, so they should have a mutually beneficial relationship to better one another. Delhi should want MSJ to be more than local commuter university primarily, and MSJ should want Delhi to prosper to better its own image.

I've been watching a lot of ground being moved around at Seton but was unable to find anything about a current project. Are the paving that area to enlarge parking?

I wonder if any old timers on here remember these buildings and businesses next on Glenway.
1655305465661.png

View of the Glenway Theater which was located on the southside of Glenway between Seton & Beech Street in Price Hill. Operated from 1913 to 1951.There was also a pharmacy in later years the name I don't recall. KFC was there in later years on the corner at Seton Avenue. . Photo taken March 1, 1943

Last edited:
I wonder if any old timers on here remember these buildings and businesses next on Glenway.

The car dealership on the corner is still there and is purported to contain a collection of antique cars. I once saw the door on Beech open and yelled to the guy in the doorway, "hey, I hear there are a bunch of old cars in there", to which he replied "nope", the whole time I saw a row of tarped over cars behind him.

The car dealership on the corner is still there and is purported to contain a collection of antique cars. I once saw the door on Beech open and yelled to the guy in the doorway, "hey, I hear there are a bunch of old cars in there", to which he replied "nope", the whole time I saw a row of tarped over cars behind him.
I remember the Original Sun Furniture Store was located a little further down on Beech Street. I remember my folks buying items from there back in the 70's. I believe Hogan had a Buick Dealer on Ferguson Road along with Cones and Denver (can not remember what automobiles they sold), Sieve Pontiac (sold to Bob Pulte in the 80's). Very neat piece of history.