Are you a true West Sider??

The same people complaining would be (rightfully) upset if Delhi Middle School didn’t allow a male student or teacher wear a skirt at school (while simultaneously allowing female students or teachers wear them) because they like wearing skirts. So why would they be upset by this?

Yeah, you'd think, now more than ever, men wearing skirts would be ok.

This is crazy. First off, I can't believe the conservative trustees are the ones pushing to end this.

Anyways, there are 2 really easy solutions to continue the game and nobody is offended.
1. Change the name to the kilt game.
2. Have everyone dressed up simply "identify as female" for that day.

Simple fixes.

Milton Berle must be canceled!

On a somewhat related note, I see where construction has begun on the Warsaw Avenue Historic District. It is also called the Warsaw Avenue Creative Campus. Good to see a blighted area of the business district is being given new life.

My highly successful business, HyperDrive Interactive, was founded in the building to the far left of the rendering shown in the article. These buildings, originally developed by Joe Wegman with help from Steve Heimbrock and others, are the anchor for East Price Hill and do offer the opportunity for real renewal and long-term success in the neighborhood. We were fortunate to use the building in our formative year, but now employ 25 professionals in our own building in Loveland area. Go Price Hill!!

I'm wondering what Sponsor that they have is complaining about it?
Let the sponsors take their money and go home. Someone else will step up.
Isn't that how it's supposed to work ? It's a great system if we just stand by it and let it work.

My wife said that, "the skirt game people should just say they are dressing in costumes."

This should be their theme song this year -- https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...A0A2ABEE453695BC04F1BFF5D407&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=1

My highly successful business, HyperDrive Interactive, was founded in the building to the far left of the rendering shown in the article. These buildings, originally developed by Joe Wegman with help from Steve Heimbrock and others, are the anchor for East Price Hill and do offer the opportunity for real renewal and long-term success in the neighborhood. We were fortunate to use the building in our formative year, but now employ 25 professionals in our own building in Loveland area. Go Price Hill!!
Good to hear your success story. Here's to many more coming out of the heart of Price Hill. So, did you get started in the firehouse? I believe that the last time I was in there they still had the fire pole.

I wish you had not felt the need to move to Loveland.

Last edited:
Delhi Twp. Trustees want to end the Delhi Skirt Game citing complaints from residents and sponsors about men dressing up as women as offensive. I see Delhi residents putting up a big fight to continue this.
They didn’t actually say it was Delhi residents complaining. It could have been anyone as far as we know.

They didn’t actually say it was Delhi residents complaining. It could have been anyone as far as we know.
Listening to Trustee Sieve this morning on Brian Thomas, she sounded like she is one of the people who finds the men dressing as women offensive. When she started talking about that particular topic you could almost hear it in her voice that she doesn’t like it. How about the Maxwell guy that went to the Skirt Game Committee Meeting last night and said he finds it offensive but he had his finger nails painted??‍♂️. Why is it alright for him to dress like a woman,paint his nails but not people involved in a Community Fundraiser?

I think the Trustees saying a Sponsor complaining is a downright lie. If a sponsor was really that offended they would pull their sponsorship and tell people why themselves. Many of these politicians in both parties are just out of touch liars and not very good leaders.

The people offended can get f’d. They wouldn’t be upset if they were actual drag queens reading story time to kids at the Delhi Library.
Yes, this is why I'm not sure we're blaming the right folks here. Are we sure the loonies at the other end of the spectrum are not the ones complaining? Knowing Delhi, I can't imagine the township having a government that would entertain complaints such as this.

Yes, this is why I'm not sure we're blaming the right folks here. Are we sure the loonies at the other end of the spectrum are not the ones complaining?
Stertz and Sieve also shared they've received feedback from residents that allowing men to dress up in skirts and wigs for the game is hurtful to transgender individuals.

Listening to Trustee Sieve this morning on Brian Thomas, she sounded like she is one of the people who finds the men dressing as women offensive. When she started talking about that particular topic you could almost hear it in her voice that she doesn’t like it. How about the Maxwell guy that went to the Skirt Game Committee Meeting last night and said he finds it offensive but he had his finger nails painted??‍♂️. Why is it alright for him to dress like a woman,paint his nails but not people involved in a Community Fundraiser?

I think the Trustees saying a Sponsor complaining is a downright lie. If a sponsor was really that offended they would pull their sponsorship and tell people why themselves. Many of these politicians in both parties are just out of touch liars and not very good leaders.
That Maxwell guy is an Elder grad, FYI. And he looked to be wearing typical men's attire, fingernails aside

After reading this, it looks like there has been a lot of overreaction. Trustees said maybe people think you're making fun of them and the organizers said they are not making fun of anybody. That ought to end it.

After reading this, it looks like there has been a lot of overreaction. Trustees said maybe people think you're making fun of them and the organizers said they are not making fun of anybody. That ought to end it.
The reaction from both sides of the argument is hilarious to me. On one hand, you have people getting upset about the theme of the game, seemingly out of nowhere and seemingly from people who aren't even trans/crossdressers/etc., but on the other hand, you have people getting upset about people getting upset and not being able to watch men play softball in dresses. This could've been a great idea for a Parks and Rec episode with one of their always ridiculous town halls.

The reaction from both sides of the argument is hilarious to me. On one hand, you have people getting upset about the theme of the game, seemingly out of nowhere and seemingly from people who aren't even trans/crossdressers/etc., but on the other hand, you have people getting upset about people getting upset and not being able to watch men play softball in dresses. This could've been a great idea for a Parks and Rec episode with one of their always ridiculous town halls.

Are you that blind you can't understand why people are upset about the Delhi Skirt game losing its theme? For one, it is a FUNDRAISER that benefits people, and two the theme increases the crowd which increases how much they make for the FUNDRAISER to benefit more people. There is nothing offensive about this. It's just good natured fun, because you don't see people playing softball in dresses and high heels and watching them play like that is funny. It's that simple.

So, in your odd mind they should not be upset and just go down without a fight? I'm confused.

I am not a "snowflake", a Democrat, or a Liberal, however, I have to admit that I have felt uncomfortable with the event and have never attended. Was it funny for Milton Berle, Monty Python, Cary Grant, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemon, Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Martin Lawrence, the Wayans and Tyler Perry to wear a dress for TV or in a movie? Sure it was, within the context of the skit or story, but just to play softball? I guess I just never "got it".

I would simply propose that it be a costume event. Let them dress as famous females, but leave it open for men portraying male characters as well.

That would seem to end this silly controversy.

Are you that blind you can't understand why people are upset about the Delhi Skirt game losing its theme? For one, it is a FUNDRAISER that benefits people, and two the theme increases the crowd which increases how much they make for the FUNDRAISER to benefit more people. There is nothing offensive about this. It's just good natured fun, because you don't see people playing softball in dresses and high heels and watching them play like that is funny. It's that simple.

So, in your odd mind they should not be upset and just go down without a fight? I'm confused.
Lol see, this is what's funny. It's a long-established fundraiser, so changing the theme shouldn't prevent people from attending if they're truly interested in helping others, so that and being so, so resistant to theme change is the funny part. Changing the theme should absolutely not stop people from showing up and donating money. If it does, then that's hilariously sad. I guess just seeing the fat, Delhi hillbillies get up and arms over it is just entertaining to me. They've also said attendance has been going down for the past 5 years, so maybe something needs to change or be added to renew interest.

I guess my mind is odd for seeing the humor on both sides, though lol

Again, I do not care how the skirt game proceeds and I'm absolutely not offended by it lol if you knew me, you'd know I make fun of everything. If they wanna keep the theme, great. If they wanna change the theme, great. I haven't gone to it since I was probably about 14 years old because the crowd that does go doesn't seem like my type of crowd; ie, starting fights/generally being trashy/obnoxious.

I listened to Bill Cunningham's radio program and he had the Head Organizer for the Skirt Game on. His take on it was the game will continue on as normal but the outfits may have to be "theme oriented". He noted a lot of over reaction on both sides of the issue but he is going ahead with the tradition the same as last year.

I listened to Bill Cunningham's radio program and he had the Head Organizer for the Skirt Game on. His take on it was the game will continue on as normal but the outfits may have to be "theme oriented". He noted a lot of over reaction on both sides of the issue but he is going ahead with the tradition the same as last year.
Seems like a level-headed take to me. Could use more of that lol

At the October 5 meeting of Cheviot City Council there was mention that the owners applied for a C1 liquor license which is "beer in original sealed containers for carry-out only". The minutes list the owners as "Takhar Investment LLC dba Marathon Food Mart"

I was looking through recent property sales in Hamilton County today and noticed Takhar Ivestment LLC is now the owner of 889 Anderson Ferry Rd which is the location of Allison Landscaping and was previously home to a Sohio and later BP gas station decades ago. According to Allison Landscaping’s website, they expanded to a second location, but planned to keep the old one. https://www.allisonlandscapingandwatergardens.com/relocating/ Does anyone know if they’re still on Anderson Ferry?

Equine therapy program to offer healing in Cincinnati's Price Hill being built at the end of Ross Avenue​

Horses on the Hill​

Horses on the Hill (HOTH) is a unique learning environment incorporating Equine-assisted activities, a riding program, and urban farming and horticulture into Cincinnati's West side communities of Price Hill. Located at 1655 Ross Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45205, HOTH serves economically disadvantaged youth and their families, as well as abused women and individuals in recovery; participants interact with horses, are responsible for barn management chores, and experience nature - all activities that promote physical, spiritual, and emotional growth.

Channel 9 news story

I was looking through recent property sales in Hamilton County today and noticed Takhar Ivestment LLC is now the owner of 889 Anderson Ferry Rd which is the location of Allison Landscaping and was previously home to a Sohio and later BP gas station decades ago. According to Allison Landscaping’s website, they expanded to a second location, but planned to keep the old one. https://www.allisonlandscapingandwatergardens.com/relocating/ Does anyone know if they’re still on Anderson Ferry?
Yes they are

Equine therapy program to offer healing in Cincinnati's Price Hill being built at the end of Ross Avenue​

Horses on the Hill​

Horses on the Hill (HOTH) is a unique learning environment incorporating Equine-assisted activities, a riding program, and urban farming and horticulture into Cincinnati's West side communities of Price Hill. Located at 1655 Ross Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45205, HOTH serves economically disadvantaged youth and their families, as well as abused women and individuals in recovery; participants interact with horses, are responsible for barn management chores, and experience nature - all activities that promote physical, spiritual, and emotional growth.

Channel 9 news story

That's is going to be amazing for the area. Something new, creative and positive! The west side needs way more out of the box thinking like this!

Horses on the Hill​

Channel 9 news story

This is very good to see. If I recall correctly this area use to be where Quebec Elementary once stood. My Grand Parents lived on a side street called Mayfield which was right next to the school. I use to play in Mayfield Playground in the 1970's and watched Quebec School being built.
There is a lot of land there and to have this unique horse park there is very cool. :)

You are correct. Quebec Heights Elementary was demolished in 2012. https://www.fox19.com/story/1644813...-oks-demolition-of-quebec-heights-elementary/

Looking at old Google Street View photos and satellite imagery on Google Earth, it appears that in 2013 the two old baseball fields near Quebec Heights were replaced by one new baseball field. However, that new field didn't last very long because by the 2017 photos it looks like it was no longer being maintained and the latest photos show the dirt infield has been entirely taken over by grass.

I wonder how many baseball fields in Price Hill have been lost over the years due to the declining popularity of the sport among kids. Looking at different parks and schools the two fields at Quebec are gone, both fields at Rapid Run Park are gone, one of the two fields that used to be at Roberts Academy is gone and Dunham is down to three baseball fields where it used to have four.

You are correct. Quebec Heights Elementary was demolished in 2012. https://www.fox19.com/story/1644813...-oks-demolition-of-quebec-heights-elementary/

Looking at old Google Street View photos and satellite imagery on Google Earth, it appears that in 2013 the two old baseball fields near Quebec Heights were replaced by one new baseball field. However, that new field didn't last very long because by the 2017 photos it looks like it was no longer being maintained and the latest photos show the dirt infield has been entirely taken over by grass.

I wonder how many baseball fields in Price Hill have been lost over the years due to the declining popularity of the sport among kids. Looking at different parks and schools the two fields at Quebec are gone, both fields at Rapid Run Park are gone, one of the two fields that used to be at Roberts Academy is gone and Dunham is down to three baseball fields where it used to have four.
Very true, and MLB was worried about money instead of future viability. There won't be an MLB in 40 years because of how rapidly baseball's popularity is declining.

While I'm a baseball fan myself, I understand why it doesn't appeal to so many people..... Games can be boring and extremely drawn-out. Combine that with the fact that the season is 162 games long, individual games simply don't matter for team success, so there's not a "can't miss" aspect to it like in football or other sports.

Neighborhood parks with baseball fields all over are rapidly becoming a relic of the past. Baseball needs to figure something out quickly to have any chance of saving the game.

Very true, and MLB was worried about money instead of future viability. There won't be an MLB in 40 years because of how rapidly baseball's popularity is declining.

While I'm a baseball fan myself, I understand why it doesn't appeal to so many people..... Games can be boring and extremely drawn-out. Combine that with the fact that the season is 162 games long, individual games simply don't matter for team success, so there's not a "can't miss" aspect to it like in football or other sports.

Neighborhood parks with baseball fields all over are rapidly becoming a relic of the past. Baseball needs to figure something out quickly to have any chance of saving the game.
Two baseball fields we used a lot were the old Boldface Park (Pete Rose Field where there 2 fields and Mt. Echo Park where is one field. Does anyone know if they are used for practices and games now?