Are you a true West Sider??

Adjusted for inflation, your $3.10/hr in 1970 is worth about $22.65/hr today.

If other entry level jobs are offering near $20/hr, why would any kid take a job at a pizza joint for like $12/hr plus tips?
When Jimmy Carter took office Jan 20, 1977 the minimum wage was $2.30 ($10.50 in 2021 dollars) when he left office Jan 20 1981 the minimum wage was $3.35 ($10.19). The bottom line is minimum wage was never meant to provide enough money to raise a family or purchase a house. It is meant to be a starting point where employers can afford to hire an inexperienced young (usually) employee while the employee gets experience to build on (and move on to a higher paying job).

From the Enquirer this morning is a repost from last year. Vintage Christmas ads from the 20's to the 70's. Includes Swallens and Gold Circle. Interesting to see how much products were priced back then(Swallens had a Zenith color TV console for $398, 10ft Balsam Christmas Tree from Kroger for $2.50) and how much retail has changed.

Last edited:
Page 1 of the PDF also mentions that at an upcoming meeting, there will be an item before the Rural Zoning Commission to allow a zoning change from residential to commercial for a Dunkin Donuts to be built on Harrison Ave in Green Township.
The location of the new Dunkin Donuts in Green Township will be at 6308 Harrison Ave which will put it next to the development that has Penn Station and the Armed Forces Career Center.

The PDF below also has information about the Trailside Village development (188 lots) coming to Green Township and the new housing development (57 lots) that will connect Foxpoint Ridge in the Indian Walk subdivision with New Pine Drive in the Coleman Woods subdivision.

Hey everyone, I was wrong about the parade. It starts at 10:00 a.m. not 10:30. Also, it is pretty cool that the Hartmanns, former owners of the St. Lawrence Bakery are being honored as King and Queen. I hope they are tossing eclairs to the crowd!

Prep work for the new Sonic on Harrison has begun.

IMG_3784.jpeg

Have we figured out what's in the old Frank's lot in Cheviot? It sure does not look like a gas station to me, which I believe had been mentioned.

The petition to prevent the building from being demolished should have included a viable plan for buying, restoring and utilizing the building. It’s easy to say don’t tear it down but these people never seem to have a better plan.

I was just going to post the same link. I've long thought that Sedamsville could be the site of high end condos with river views just like the East End.
That area has great potential because of the views as you stated and the proximity to downtown and Northern Kentucky.

Zip code 45204 is getting a big boost from Kim Knoppe.

Now they have to enforce it. Good luck with that.
We have a DORA in my current town and it seems to maintain within its marked boundaries pretty well. Sure you’ll see some a block or two outside it but nothing too wild. And you almost never see people walking around with containers that aren’t the legal DORA cup. I’m not sure what the on foot police traffic is like in that stretch of Westwood though, which is needed to enforce this properly.

We have a DORA in my current town and it seems to maintain within its marked boundaries pretty well. Sure you’ll see some a block or two outside it but nothing too wild. And you almost never see people walking around with containers that aren’t the legal DORA cup. I’m not sure what the on foot police traffic is like in that stretch of Westwood though, which is needed to enforce this properly.
A DORA has to be in the right location to be practical. The Cincinnati riverfront Is a perfect spot. We will see how Westwood works out.

From todays Enquirer, nice article on Elder grad Dan Meyer and his company Nehemiah Manufacturing Co. Dan was a standout football player at Elder and went on to play at University of Pennsylvania. Dan is a good person. He is doing important work for his community.

If you've always thought Monfort Heights needed a Chipotle you're in luck. Developers are requesting a zoning change for a small section of the parking lot of Sam's Club on North Bend Rd. to allow for the construction of a new Chipotle which will feature a drive thru.

Attachments

• Image 3.png
    Image 3.png
    1 MB · Views: 25
Last week while driving on Neeb Rd, I noticed two or three houses in the north east corner of the intersection of Delhi Pike and Neeb had been torn down. According to the auditor's site, Mt. St. Joe owns 438 and 442 Neeb Rd along with 5672 Delhi Pike. Does anyone know what MSJ's plans are for that area?

Similarly, there were two houses on Neeb Rd (623 and 629) that used to sit between C.O. Harrison Elementary and the Delhi Township Senior Center that have been torn down and are now owned by Delhi Township. Anyone know what the township's plans are?

Last edited:
Last week while driving on Neeb Rd, I noticed two or three houses in the north east corner of the intersection of Delhi Pike and Neeb had been torn down. According to the auditor's site, Mt. St. Joe owns 438 and 442 Neeb Rd along with 5672 Delhi Pike. Does anyone know what MSJ's plans are for that area?

Similarly, there were two houses on Neeb Rd (623 and 629) that used to sit between C.O. Harrison Elementary and the Delhi Township Senior Center that have been torn down and are now owned by Delhi Township. Anyone know what the township's plans are?
The one house that you mentioned MSJ owning was the President's house. They purchased those properties when they built the stadium.

I heard a couple of years ago that they are going to be building a Health Sciences and Business building there.

Here's a link for MSJ's Transformation 2025. https://www.msj.edu/about/administration/transformation-2025/index.html
You can see at about 2:10 in the video that new building I described, and it is where those properties were in front of the stadium

I hope for MSJ's sake they actually build all of these things, and hopefully they are all done by 2025. Because their last "Expansion" they announced in 2003, they were supposed to build a huge student/rec center, admissions building, the stadium, and 1 or 2 other things. And the only thing they built was the stadium.

An increased and more modernized MSJ would be HUGE for the west side and Delhi. If done well, it could bring in much needed development to the area that isn't a car-wash.