Are you a true West Sider??

Besides Starbucks being across the street, that Panera had a few other things going against it: no drive thru and having an outdated design.

The landlord there really has their work cut out for them.

I know this will not be popular but if they build a super Wal-Mart in that area by Bargains and Buyout, that will revatalize that whole area. Yeah I know you are just re-directing the problems the Ferguson Walmart has but at least there will be more tenanats in the Glencrossing area.

The former Bally's Fitness building on Werk Rd. is planned to be converted into--you guessed it--storage units. Details start on page 19 of this PDF: https://www.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=18134275

Page 1 of the PDF also mentions that at an upcoming meeting, there will be an item before the Rural Zoning Commission to allow a zoning change from residential to commercial for a Dunkin Donuts to be built on Harrison Ave in Green Township.

The former Bally's Fitness building on Werk Rd. is planned to be converted into--you guessed it--storage units. Details start on page 19 of this PDF: https://www.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=18134275

Page 1 of the PDF also mentions that at an upcoming meeting, there will be an item before the Rural Zoning Commission to allow a zoning change from residential to commercial for a Dunkin Donuts to be built on Harrison Ave in Green Township.
I guess that Dunkin would be near Race Road by the newer development?

I haven't heard anything. I think the only reason that building was torn down is because the building was in such terrible shape Cheviot forced the owner to do it.
I think they're building something there as we speak. Hopefully, it's not a dollar store. :LOL:

I think they're building something there as we speak. Hopefully, it's not a dollar store. :LOL:
The property was sold this spring to "Takhar Investment LLC" which has a mailing address of 4365 Lisa Dr, Tipp City, OH 45371. According to Google, also located at that address is "N&G Takhar Oil LLC" and according to their website, they're a gasoline distributor. The old Frank's location is the only property that comes up in Hamilton County under the name "Takhar" but in Warren County the Takhar companies own a Marathon gas station in Mason and a Shell gas station in Franklin. So it looks like the old Franks will probably be a gas station.

The property was sold this spring to "Takhar Investment LLC" which has a mailing address of 4365 Lisa Dr, Tipp City, OH 45371. According to Google, also located at that address is "N&G Takhar Oil LLC" and according to their website, they're a gasoline distributor. The old Frank's location is the only property that comes up in Hamilton County under the name "Takhar" but in Warren County the Takhar companies own a Marathon gas station in Mason and a Shell gas station in Franklin. So it looks like the old Franks will probably be a gas station.
Hmm. That's interesting. Seems like a good spot for it. Wendell's is right next to that spot and I don't believe they've has pumps there for a decade or more.

Unemployment benefits are too high. Take a pay cut if you work.
It was during the Jimmy Carter years when I tried to get my first part-time job. Unemployment was in double digits as well as inflation. I was lucky to start off at about $3.10/hour and was happy about it! Goofy as crap the way the country has totally turned into a welfare state where you get paid more not to work. I hope things turn around quickly! These small franchise businesses need good workers.

The real issue in the nation is the insane cost of living increase that we have had over the past 30 years. Wages have not come anywhere close to keeping with cost of living.

The average home price in the US in 1990 was 79k. In 2021, it's over 400k! Everything has increased at ridiculous rates except average salaries. The average household income in 1990 was 30k. If we use the same ratio for house price compared to household income, the average household income should be 152k today; instead the average household income in US is 67,500.

And it's not just home prices, it's car prices, gas, groceries, tuition, childcare, medical bills, etc.

Now I'm FAR from a welfare state advocate and a huge proponent of the free market, and right now you are seeing the free market at work..... Workers are finally seeing their worth and won't work for less than what they feel they should be paid.

It was during the Jimmy Carter years when I tried to get my first part-time job. Unemployment was in double digits as well as inflation. I was lucky to start off at about $3.10/hour and was happy about it! Goofy as crap the way the country has totally turned into a welfare state where you get paid more not to work. I hope things turn around quickly! These small franchise businesses need good workers.
Adjusted for inflation, your $3.10/hr in 1970 is worth about $22.65/hr today.

If other entry level jobs are offering near $20/hr, why would any kid take a job at a pizza joint for like $12/hr plus tips?

Adjusted for inflation, your $3.10/hr in 1970 is worth about $22.65/hr today.

If other entry level jobs are offering near $20/hr, why would any kid take a job at a pizza joint for like $12/hr plus tips?

Thanks for adding to my point. Even people making really good money, over 100k per year today, isn't that good when compared to generations past. Millennials and Gen Z are the first generations to have things worse off than their parents, and that trend doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. And it's not the younger generations faults either like people want to claim.

Small businesses and franchise owners are screwed if the above stuff is accurate. Jets owner must pay 20$ an hr or more to all their Employees. Majority probably Part Time? The cost of food/material has easily tripled if not more. If these owners literally have to pay way over top dollar for Everything necessary to operate they should close the doors and never reopen them. Guess small businesses especially “Food” places will be gone before we know it?

I have a question for you all..........
What was your first part-time job in which you pulled your first pay check?

Mine was a bus boy, food runner, chef assist, etc. at the one and only Mohr's Buffet on the intersection of Glenway, Race Road, Bridgetown Road, Harrison Ave, (you all know which one I am talking about) way back when. I think it is now a Sherwin Williams paint store correct?
The recession was in full swing back then and it was very difficult to find a part-time job back then.

Last edited:
I have a question for you all..........
What was your first part-time job in which you pulled your first pay check?

Mine was a bus boy, food runner, chef assist, etc. at the one and only Mohr's Buffet on the intersection of Glenway, Race Road, Bridgetown Road, Harrison Ave, (you all know which one I am talking about) way back when. I think it is now a Sherwin Williams paint store now correct?
The recession was in full swing back then and it was very difficult to find a part-time job back then.
My first actual paid job, besides mowing lawns, was umpiring knothole games as a freshman in high school. 20 bucks a game cash.

If you are talking actual paycheck, then that was a bus boy in the restaurant at Deer Run Country Club.

My first actual paid job, besides mowing lawns, was umpiring knothole games as a freshman in high school. 20 bucks a game cash.

If you are talking actual paycheck, then that was a bus boy in the restaurant at Deer Run Country Club.

Before lawn care services, I also cut a lot of lawns and delivered the Door Store newspaper on Monday's and the Price Hill Press and or Western Hills Press on Wednesday's. That is one thing my Dad instilled in me (God rest his soul) is a strong work ethic.

Thanks cincifan!

My first paid job was working for a house painter. $2.00/ hour. My friends were working min wage jobs for $2.25 but I brought home more than them for a 40 hour week because I got paid cash. Four $20 bills in an envelope every Friday and livin large.

At 13 I was making $1.95 an hour working as a gardener and heavy housecleaner. I was glad to have the job and four years later bought my first car with the cash I had saved. My kids run from 40 years old to 21. All five of them were working by the time they were 16 and two of them were doing so by the time they were 13. I have no idea why others in their generation and younger have no desire to work. We were at a farm festival a few weeks ago where Murray Brothers had some ride set up. Until recently those rides were set-up and ran by high school and college kids. Now they are run by Hispanic men in their twenties and thirties. I do not begrudge them working those jobs, but wonder, why aren't high school and college kids doing those jobs anymore.

At 13 I was making $1.95 an hour working as a gardener and heavy housecleaner. I was glad to have the job and four years later bought my first car with the cash I had saved. My kids run from 40 years old to 21. All five of them were working by the time they were 16 and two of them were doing so by the time they were 13. I have no idea why others in their generation and younger have no desire to work. We were at a farm festival a few weeks ago where Murray Brothers had some ride set up. Until recently those rides were set-up and ran by high school and college kids. Now they are run by Hispanic men in their twenties and thirties. I do not begrudge them working those jobs, but wonder, why aren't high school and college kids doing those jobs anymore.
They aren't working those jobs anymore because they have to get at least minimum wage. The companies like Murray that operate those rides cut every cost humanly possible and labor is definitely one place to cut cost and dodge paying taxes...... pay them under the table.