Are you a true West Sider??

Essentially. In the attached image, I was able to get CAGIS to show the school districts boundaries (yellow for OH and light red for CPS). There's also a gray line kinda in the middle that goes by Glencrossing Way, Anderson Ferry Rd, Muddy Creek, etc. that I believe is the boundary between Green Township and the city. You can see the locations of St. Antoninus, OLL, Covedale School and a few other places for reference.
Interesting map. I had no idea that CPS went so far West past Woodland Golf Course.

I think the idea of the houses being built before Oak Hills existed as a school district makes sense. I have a relative that lives on Earlwood, just off of Antoninus, and their house was built in 56 I do believe. Oak Hills didn't become a district until 1959, when the high school opened.

Here is an article that shows the timeline of how/when Oak Hills consolidated..... focuses primarily on schools in Delhi, but it's a timeline nevertheless.

This predates the Oak Hills district. When that area was partitioned to CPS the only high schools available in that area were Taylor and Harrison. Western Hills was a much better option for people in that area. I remember reading about some influential residents in that area were able to get the redistricting accomplished. If I remember correctly, a state rep lived in the area at the time.

I ate lunch at Taco's Time on Glenway by McDonalds this week and it was awesome. The food is fresh and they have a setup like Chipotle but with more options and much better.

What I've always been told is that when most of these houses were built (late 50's-60's) CPS schools were still very good, so these areas wanted to be included in CPS rather than OHLSD. So the boundary was extended for them

Also, I think Oak Hills HS at the time was what is now Delhi Middle School. So for these people, West Hi and Covedale would've been much closer.

But I have no idea if this is true or not
I assumed it was something along those lines. It looks like CPS' Covedale School is actually inside Green Township.

I was trying to figure out how/why 3 of Oak Hills' 5 elementary schools (Dulles, Oakdale, and Springmyer) are within about a 1 mile radius of the old Five Points intersection, but I guess that's because other portions of Green Township are either CPS or NWLSD and (I think) small portions of Delhi are CPS, too.

I assumed it was something along those lines. It looks like CPS' Covedale School is actually inside Green Township.

I was trying to figure out how/why 3 of Oak Hills' 5 elementary schools (Dulles, Oakdale, and Springmyer) are within about a 1 mile radius of the old Five Points intersection, but I guess that's because other portions of Green Township are either CPS or NWLSD and (I think) small portions of Delhi are CPS, too.

The weirdest school district area on the West-Side I think is down by where 275 & 74 join together. Within about a mile and a half, you could be in Southwest, Northwest, Three Rivers, or Oak Hills.

The weirdest school district area on the West-Side I think is down by where 275 & 74 join together. Within about a mile and a half, you could be in Southwest, Northwest, Three Rivers, or Oak Hills.
You are correct. Here's that map:
1631201299082.png

Maronda Homes is seeking approval from the Hamilton County Rural Zoning Commission to build 57 new homes in Miami Township. The new streets will connect Foxpoint Ridge (in the Indian Walk subdivision) with New Pine Drive (in the Coleman Woods subdivision).

1631278885397.png

1631278891272.png

$60 million mixed-use development could reshape West Side community

Delhi Township shared an update from the airport about the ongoing work on the east-west runway.

Runway 9/27 Improvement Project​

September 2021 Update (week of September 13)

• A final phase of the project - before the runway can re-open - involves closing the airport's center north/south runway for work on the intersection with Runway 9/27. This week, the center runway will close while the airport's westernmost runway - Runway 18R/36L - will reopen (it has been closed since March also). It is likely, though, that Runway 18L/36R (the airport's easternmost runway) will handle most aircraft operations for the next few weeks.
  • It is critical to note - activity over the next few weeks reflects temporary changes in support of the final phases of this project. The runway closures for 2021 are nearly to an end!
  • This overall project will continue into 2022, but no runways will be closed for extended periods of time. Associated project work on taxiways may result in some impact to airfield utilization into next year, while the Airport expects any impacts to be minimal.
Runway 18L/36R--the one that's going to handle most airport traffic over the next few weeks--lines up with Western Hills CC, Woodland GC, Oak Hills HS, St. Jude, Harrison Greene.

Delhi Township shared an update from the airport about the ongoing work on the east-west runway.

Runway 18L/36R--the one that's going to handle most airport traffic over the next few weeks--lines up with Western Hills CC, Woodland GC, Oak Hills HS, St. Jude, Harrison Greene.
That is one thing I do not miss (when I lived in Delhi) is the loud airport noise. Especially when the jets took off to the south. Man, that took some getting use to. My wife (from out of state) thought it was nuts!

That is one thing I do not miss (when I lived in Delhi) is the loud airport noise. Especially when the jets took off to the south. Man, that took some getting use to. My wife (from out of state) thought it was nuts!
You mean when they take off north? That’s when they come over Delhi. It’s been maddening the last couple of months. They start at 6am and keep going. I can’t wait until the East/West runways open up.

You mean when they take off north? That’s when they come over Delhi. It’s been maddening the last couple of months. They start at 6am and keep going. I can’t wait until the East/West runways open up.
Yes you are right there too. I remember when the jets were sitting on the runway with the engines exhaust (output) revving up before take off. Heck you would think the darn thing was right next to you. GOOD times... maybe that's why we moved?

I've always thought that a bridge where Anderson ferry is would really make Delhi and the westside boom. You already have the airport noise, but can't get there fast. Might as well get the benefits since the downside is already there.

Wo
I've always thought that a bridge where Anderson ferry is would really make Delhi and the westside boom. You already have the airport noise, but can't get there fast. Might as well get the benefits since the downside is already there.
Would Delhi and surrounding communities support all the increased traffic?

Agree it would make a huge economic boom. Would also have to get NKY on board, would Hebron and other residential communities want it?

Hasn't Delhi said no to a bridge multiple times in the past? I vaguely remember something along those lines in the 90s because the trustees didn't want to put the Anderson Ferry out of business.

Hasn't Delhi said no to a bridge multiple times in the past? I vaguely remember something along those lines in the 90s because the trustees didn't want to put the Anderson Ferry out of business.
They did have discussions, I don’t remember how much the ferry played into all that. It would be sad to lose the ferry. A bridge would cost so much money, even if it was just four lanes, I don’t know if that money would ever be made up. I just don’t see many folks coming over from Kentucky to our west side. I think many more west siders would go into Kentucky, but again, not enough that make a bridge a necessity.

They did have discussions, I don’t remember how much the ferry played into all that. It would be sad to lose the ferry. A bridge would cost so much money, even if it was just four lanes, I don’t know if that money would ever be made up. I just don’t see many folks coming over from Kentucky to our west side. I think many more west siders would go into Kentucky, but again, not enough that make a bridge a necessity.
I tend to agree. Not sure of the volume of economic impact that would be realized by the west side if a bridge were to be built. I also concur that people would find it much easier to travel to and shop in the Florence area which may have a negative impact on the businesses/restaurants on Delhi Pike.

It has been a number of years ago but I remember attending a meeting at the Delhi Senior Center (by Victory) when a public forum was held regarding possibly building a bridge at the bottom of Bender. Had the bridge been built it would have been super convenient to get to the airport and to be able to access Florence and other parts of Boone County for those on the west side. The meeting was jam-packed with people and I would say the environment was somewhat hostile toward the politicians running the meeting. Bottom line is that the support for the project was not there and not much has been spoken about it since.

Roy Rogers restaurants are returning to Cincinnati and the first location will be in Cleves.

A local restaurateur is bringing back a restaurant brand that largely disappeared from the Queen City in the 1990s.

Gary Holland, owner of One Holland Corp. restaurant group, has signed a deal to open 10 Roy Rogers restaurant locations – known for its roast beef sandwiches – throughout the Cincinnati region over the next six years. His first will open in November 2022 in Cleves, Ohio.

Holland plans to open Roy Rogers locations in Hamilton, Butler and Clermont counties in Ohio; Boone, Kenton and Campbell counties in Northern Kentucky; and Dearborn County in Southeast Indiana.

The first location will go into a property on Cooper Avenue in Cleves where Holland owns a Skyline Chili. He said he's started scouting locations for additional restaurants throughout the region.

Have to imagine he's looking at the same land where the newer Cleves Skyline currently is. Lots of room there.
Yep ... it says that in the original post. Cleves is an odd place for a first store, but I guess that's the first available spot to get started. There has never been a lot of close options to eat down there, so I'm sure it will do well.

I was on the far Eastside this past weekend and saw a "Rony's" restaurant that was obviously an old Roy Rodgers. I wanted to stop but got out voted. I had a real hankering for a Double R Burger. I frequented the Roy Rodgers next to the Glenway Frisches as well as the one on the old skywalk across from the Skywalk Theater. Much better roast beef than that loaf they serve at Arby's.

Last edited:
Yep ... it says that in the original post. Cleves is an odd place for a first store, but I guess that's the first available spot to get started. There has never been a lot of close options to eat down there, so I'm sure it will do well.
Oh whoops lol missed that part. The area could definitely use more options as more people move out and build that way.