Are you a true West Sider??

So I was up in Sabina today and saw this plane getting ready to land at Wilmington Air Park. Can't tell from the pic, but pretty sure it was Amazon Air.

Attachments

• 20210403_163346.jpg
    20210403_163346.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210403_163351.jpg
    20210403_163351.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 22
I’m not sure where you live in Delhi but where I live in Delhi it’s as loud as it ever was in the past. I’ve lived in the same place for nearly 30 years. I’ve gotten used to it over the years but I have definitely noticed the recent change with the East/West runway closed for maintenance.
I’m not directly in the path of the planes coming and going, but within a mile or so. But back then we had planes flying over our house on a regular basis, but now they come in on a more normal line. Things are nosier when they take off and are heading north.

And the list goes on, but you get the point. While the air traffic will be very noticeable, that won't be the biggest issue. The huge issue that nobody is talking about is the semi traffic on the interstates all because of Amazon. It will be unbearable starting in 2025. Just be prepared for that headache in a few years.
Pittsburgh 4.5 hours
Chicago 4.5 hours

no worries, by then they’ll be putting in the new bridge, and everything will..............oh wait never mind!

I’m not sure where you live in Delhi but where I live in Delhi it’s as loud as it ever was in the past. I’ve lived in the same place for nearly 30 years. I’ve gotten used to it over the years but I have definitely noticed the recent change with the East/West runway closed for maintenance.
Yeah, what he said!

Cincinnati and Hamilton County have requested two new pots of funding from the state and federal governments for the bridge that will replace the Western Hills Viaduct. If they win the grants, those sources would complete the budget for the $335 million project.

The city asked for $140 million from the federal government’s Infrastructure for Rebuilding America (INFRA) program. It also asked for $140 million from Ohio’s Transportation Review Advisory Committee (TRAC). Both requests were made at the end of March. The project budget needs $210 million to be fully funded.

So far, the city and county have secured $125 million for the project, which includes state, federal and local funding. That figure does not include potential revenue from the Hamilton County transportation tax, a 0.8% sales tax approved by voters in 2020, which also includes a major funding boost for the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority. The tax is expected to be tapped as a resource for the project.

We already have enough challenges. Can we please keep the monkeys out of Price Hill?

Actually, the monkeys were seen in Price Hill driving a modified GTO.

We already have enough challenges. Can we please keep the monkeys out of Price Hill?

Actually, the monkeys were seen in Price Hill driving a modified GTO.

When I heard about this story this morning I thought it was a late April Fools Joke.
Who didn't like the Monkees back in the late 60's?

Bridgetown's Kuliga Park is getting a facelift this summer that will make it "a top notch park."

The Green Township park hasn't been updated since 1977 but that's changing this summer.

Renovations will include a new amphitheater and pavilion, a concrete walking trail around the park that is over a mile long, four pickleball courts, resurfacing of the tennis court, fencing around the front playground and a 4,000-foot restroom and shelter.

The 22 acre site of the former Gamble estate in Westwood is in the process of being acquired by Great Parks of Hamilton County.

It looks like some sort of access road is being put in at the potential Menards site on Harrison Ave.
I believe they are preparing that hillside for the widening of Harrison. That hill has had several slides over the years. It needs to be shored up before the new roadway goes in.

The 22 acre site of the former Gamble estate in Westwood is in the process of being acquired by Great Parks of Hamilton County.

I am glad to see something happening here. The whole Gamble mansion thing was a travesty. It is a shame that that beautiful old mansion, with so much history, wasn't made the centerpiece of a park. But, I am glad to see something positive coming to that property.

We ate at the Chicken Salad Chick last night at the Western Hills Plaza and it was a great experience. First of all the place was packed, but the lines moved very quickly. The food was great. I had had take-out before when my wife would pick it up in Madisonville or Kenwood and it has been consistently good. I am glad we now have one on our side of town.

way better chicken salad out there. just my opinion.

jtk
()
They have like ten types and I have only tried two. The BBQ chicken salad is next. I guess you have tried enough of them to have formed your opinion. I like chicken salad but I am usually disappointed. So, where have you had good chicken salad?

They have like ten types and I have only tried two. The BBQ chicken salad is next. I guess you have tried enough of them to have formed your opinion. I like chicken salad but I am usually disappointed. So, where have you had good chicken salad?
Silverglades walnut grape chicken salad is my favorite. I get it at their Findlay Market location but I think they also have a deli on 8th St downtown.

silverglades also. you can also get the silverglades at wassler. also, BFM also has a turkey salad that is fantastic.

chicken salad chick isn't by any means terrible, just an opinion that there are better options out there.

jtk
()

Graysons at Findlay Market has an excellent smoked chicken salad. they also have a horseradish dip that is great as an appetizer too. They have egg-salad that usually sells out early in the day.

Silverglades walnut grape chicken salad is my favorite. I get it at their Findlay Market location but I think they also have a deli on 8th St downtown.
I go to Silverglades all the time on 8th Street. I am not fond of walnuts so I always get their smoked chicken salad on a croissant. Its good. As good as what I got at Chicken Salad Chick's, but I am still working my way through their menu.

The Business Courier has an update on Verge Brewing. It looks like they may not be located in the space across Glenway from Elder as was originally announced pre-pandemic. https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2021/04/26/verge-brewing.html

The group is searching for locations in Price Hill and Delhi and Green townships. Praksti, who heads up marketing for the brewery, said it is in talks with several landlords and hopes to announce a location soon. She said the West Side, home to only two of the city's more than 60 craft breweries, is an underserved market.

The Business Courier has an update on Verge Brewing. It looks like they may not be located in the space across Glenway from Elder as was originally announced pre-pandemic. https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2021/04/26/verge-brewing.html
Are there any decent size, abandoned industrial buildings in the Incline District? One would think a brewery could do very well there.

Or the old firehouse at Ebenezer/Bridgetown which I believe is still owned by Green Township. That would be an awesome location although parking is somewhat limited.

No. I follow them on Facebook and they've been doing "pop up tastings" at existing breweries around the city while they're trying to raise some additional money. The article says they hope to announce their location soon.

If you look at their Wunderfund page for potential investors, it includes a concept floorplan image. I don't think what's there corresponds to the building across Glenway, but it truly could be a blue sky concept.

bf47c223-d00d-4f13-a449-c4749e3ab775_Verge+6.2.png