Are you a true West Sider??

UCArch

Ah, so the AoC has a Pastor that won’t deal school issues but says such issues are that Pastors problem. They wonder why numbers are dwindling, pathetic.
The pushing away of accountability has been the hallmark of the Archdiocese and their leadership for decades. They are their own worst enemy and have no one to blame but themselves.

Now, they’re too stubborn and self righteous to admit that, but it’s the truth.

AZElder85

Howdy. It's been sometime since I've posted on here, but I'd like to ask for help, if possible. I'm looking for recommendations for a lawn service/person for my mom's house in Delhi (St. Antoninus parish). My dad passed away last year, and my sister and I live out of town. A kind neighbor has been helping out, but we can't keep relying on him. Looking for a quality, dependable and affordable service to do basic mowing and trimming a couple times a month, even a single person looking to make a few extra bucks would be great. I would LOVE to support an Elder-owned business or person, if possible. Any ideas are appreciated.

Sig Hansen

Howdy. It's been sometime since I've posted on here, but I'd like to ask for help, if possible. I'm looking for recommendations for a lawn service/person for my mom's house in Delhi (St. Antoninus parish). My dad passed away last year, and my sister and I live out of town. A kind neighbor has been helping out, but we can't keep relying on him. Looking for a quality, dependable and affordable service to do basic mowing and trimming a couple times a month, even a single person looking to make a few extra bucks would be great. I would LOVE to support an Elder-owned business or person, if possible. Any ideas are appreciated.
I would always consult google maps and read the reviews, that's usually more useful than anything you'll find on a message board. But based on your needs, this guy is very close to Antoninus and has a five star rating.

Prof912

Just a heads-up for those of you that utilize the "hairpin turns" on Ebenezer that will be closing as of Monday August 2nd until September 17th. Currently Muddy Creek is closed west of Ebenezer but the construction will soon expand to block Ebenezer so you can no longer travel through this construction zone.
1627325840349.png

Sig Hansen

Just a heads-up for those of you that utilize the "hairpin turns" on Ebenezer that will be closing as of Monday August 2nd until September 17th. Currently Muddy Creek is closed west of Ebenezer but the construction will soon expand to block Ebenezer so you can no longer travel through this construction zone.
View attachment 19123
Do you know if the section of Muddy Creek/ Devil's Backbone that is currently closed will reopen during this period. After driving past this morning, I'm guessing not

If you've driven down there over the past few months the road is rough as hell; they basically put the sewer underneath the road and then threw a rough layer of concrete over it. Hope to God they repave it

EHS 2001

At its August 19 meeting, the Hamilton County Rural Zoning Commission will consider the request for the Harrison Avenue Sonic planned unit development. If approved, the new Sonic will be located on Harrison Ave. between Anderson Automatic Heating and Cooling and Murphy Insurance Agency on land currently occupied by Joe's Water Mill Inn and a few other small businesses.

1628791576161.png
1628791619413.png
More detail are available on page 21 of this PDF: https://www.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=17916612

SMARTY22

Anderson Automatic is moving down on 128 across from the entrance of TCYO. Not sure of the timeline for the move though.

EHS 2001

PetSmart is going to take over the former location of Bed, Bath and Beyond at Western Hills Plaza. I think it's safe to assume the current store on Ferguson Rd. will close.

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpeg
    IMG_1786.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 5

EHS 2001

The Enquirer had a subscriber only article recently about the on going work to open a restaurant/brewery across Glenway from Elder and Seton.

You don't often see high school principals urging a city to help a developer open a restaurant, beer garden and brewery across from a school. But that's what's happening on Cincinnati's West Side, where local leaders believe a place to get a sandwich and a beer could breathe life into two of Cincinnati's most populous and oldest neighborhoods. Getting businesses to open in East Price Hill and West Price Hill has been a challenge, particularly around what many consider the center, Elder and Seton high schools.

That's why Elder Principal Kurt Ruffing recently found himself before Cincinnati City Council. He urged members to approve $2 million to rehab a block of buildings directly across from his school on Glenway Avenue.

Daffin Development, run by Elder graduates, is slated to develop the properties.

"There will be a lot of support for this project," Ruffing told City Council. "In addition to Elder High School, just for the residents of Price Hill, they deserve it."

Council approved the $5 million project to turn the mostly vacant block across the street into a restaurant, beer garden and brewery. The city is putting $2.8 million into the project, with money coming from federal block grants, the capital fund and bonds paid for with the money made off the lease with the city-owned Cincinnati Southern Railway.
If you're not an Enquirer subscriber, but have a library card you can read the article here: https://www-proquest-com.research.c...news1/docview/2567813920/4F46DA0F1DD14D49PQ/5

cincifbfan

The Enquirer had a subscriber only article recently about the on going work to open a restaurant/brewery across Glenway from Elder and Seton.

If you're not an Enquirer subscriber, but have a library card you can read the article here: https://www-proquest-com.research.c...news1/docview/2567813920/4F46DA0F1DD14D49PQ/5
Just another tip for everyone, if you open 90% of Enquirer articles in an "incognito tab" you can view them that way. You can't view ones that have the little blue "for subscribers only" next to it. But even those almost always open up after a few days.

EHS 2001

Not sure if anyone cares, but Apple Maps was back on the West Side a few weeks ago. I took this on Glenway on August 27. 1631120987190.png

SMARTY22

Don’t really have an answer but I’m sure with CPS being involved it’s all about $$$. Not sure either when this actually happened. My Grandma has lived on Churchwood for many years and I don’t think the School district has been CPS the whole time she has lived there.

Sig Hansen

What I've always been told is that when most of these houses were built (late 50's-60's) CPS schools were still very good, so these areas wanted to be included in CPS rather than OHLSD. So the boundary was extended for them

Also, I think Oak Hills HS at the time was what is now Delhi Middle School. So for these people, West Hi and Covedale would've been much closer.

But I have no idea if this is true or not

EHS 2001

Is inside the circle Green Twp?
Essentially. In the attached image, I was able to get CAGIS to show the school districts boundaries (yellow for OH and light red for CPS). There's also a gray line kinda in the middle that goes by Glencrossing Way, Anderson Ferry Rd, Muddy Creek, etc. that I believe is the boundary between Green Township and the city. You can see the locations of St. Antoninus, OLL, Covedale School and a few other places for reference.

Attachments

• Image 7.png
    Image 7.png
    998.1 KB · Views: 8