Archbishop Hoban - QB Transfer from WV

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeinthesky1245

Keep hearing that Archbishop Hoban convinced Jac’Qai Long from Capital HS in West Virginia to move and transfer to Akron?

Has anyone else heard this? This seems very shady to me

Kid has two Div I offers - Class of 24

Last edited:

No more shady than all of the kids moving into the Lakota West District.

It is what it is, families move all of the time and if your kid is a really good athlete you are going to move to a school district where your kid can play for a really good coach and program

Is it Shady that Massillon had 3 kids transfer from Buchtel and another 3 from Beechwood. Also, 3 from Copley coming in for next year. The Pringle boys being 2 of them. The younger brother just happens to be the best LB in sophomore class in NE Ohio. I personally don’t think it’s shady! Maybe good programs attract good players.

Is it Shady that Massillon had 3 kids transfer from Buchtel and another 3 from Beechwood. Also, 3 from Copley coming in for next year. The Pringle boys being 2 of them. The younger brother just happens to be the best LB in sophomore class in NE Ohio. I personally don’t think it’s shady! Maybe good programs attract good players.

This. I'll be first to admit. Winton Woods had the highest public CB+ in D2. Parochial schools get kids from everywhere. Is what it is. I doubt Hoban targeted this kid as much as any good QB already knows where opportunities exist w/ minimal research. That writing was on the wall. If anything was "shady" Hoban & fans did kinda throw the current QB transfer under the bus. But I'd hope families and players know what they're getting into w/ elite programs. Or should anyhow.

Last edited:
You’re surprised by this after they got a star transfer from Southern California last season, a D1 LT from Stow, and Massillon’s projected QB as well…lol
Are you really implying that Hoban has people out in Cali recruiting for them? More likely the family legit moved to the area. If you had a D1 quality football player as a son and were moving to northeastern Ohio would you want him in the best football situation he could be in or would you just send him to whatever random public school where you find a house to live?

Are you really implying that Hoban has people out in Cali recruiting for them? More likely the family legit moved to the area. If you had a D1 quality football player as a son and were moving to northeastern Ohio would you want him in the best football situation he could be in or would you just send him to whatever random public school where you find a house to live?
lol not what I was implying. If your dad gets transferred to Cleveland why wouldn’t you go to St Ed’s? If you’re moving into NEO I’d say Ed’s would be the number one choice.

Aren’t there three Pringle brothers? Who’s the other Copley kid?

I don’t think it’s surprising when a highly recruited football prospect transfers during his high school career to a private school or big name public school. What is surprising is when one accuses the other of ‘convincing’ or recruiting.

I don’t think it’s surprising when a highly recruited football prospect transfers during his high school career to a private school or big name public school. What is surprising is when one accuses the other of ‘convincing’ or recruiting.
The selective outrage is what’s most annoying.

Aren’t there three Pringle brothers? Who’s the other Copley kid?

Coincidentally I graduated with the Pringle brothers back in hs, lol. Craig and Kevin. Actually Kevin transferred to Perry his sr yr but Craig was an awesome kid. No idea if related - just jogged a memory.

Correction Akron/ Cleveland area, those guys have big territories. From my understanding there was many factors in picking Hoban over St. Ed’s. One being you can graduate early from Hoban and early enroll into college. Can’t do that at St. Ed’s. For QB’s that’s a must.
Gotcha: I don’t know much about the kid or the situation. Didn’t know that it was even a done deal. Interesting that their current QB was competing in the Elite 11 regionals today. He must not know that his job is taken lol

Status
Not open for further replies.