Anyone know when post season awards are announced?

The all-state awards are usually released in around a week -- around the day of the last state finals for boys and girls. I would expect them next Saturday at ossca.org.

With the OSSCA not placing current District or State awards, it would be a great idea if we could have reps from all districts place awards on a thread.

Gview understanding Reps are not allowed to, but my understanding is that a coach can contact media (ie. Toledo Blade) and give them the info, correct?
So maybe a coach from each district could take it upon themselves to post info on the thread?

If it's like any other year, they will be posted this weekend on the OSSCA site.

The ten districts held their meetings to determine their awards already, and the all-state meeting has happened.

A few matters of housekeeping that people either forget or choose to ignore:
FIRST TEAM ALL-STATE = 18 players
SECOND TEAM ALL-STATE = 36 players

The number of all-state players given to a district is based on a ratio of the number of member schools in the district to the number of member schools in the division. Each district determines its all-state players, and the rank order of those players for all-state purposes, and those players are split out between first and second team at the all-state meeting.

Gview understanding Reps are not allowed to, but my understanding is that a coach can contact media (ie. Toledo Blade) and give them the info, correct?
So maybe a coach from each district could take it upon themselves to post info on the thread?
Absolutely not in the Miami Valley Association. The awards will be published the local association. The State Association has been threatened with a lawsuit because of what you just mentioned. Turns out the Coach was wrong.

Just relax, the info will be released this weekend.

Reactions: jct
Posted on the OSSCA Website said:
The OSSCA will release All-State Teams, Coaching Honors, and Special Honors by Friday, November 20. The All-State selection meeting was held a week later than normal and it generally takes the OSSCA two weeks to get everything in place before awards are announced. The OSSCA is working on finalizing everything and our goal is to release all honors by Friday, November 20. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

"Finalizing" ?????

Last edited:
The voting is completed but as they put together the final lists everything is sent out first to district presidents to confirm everything regarding spelling and schools. Errors are found each year either on the form by the coach or by the district presidents when information is sent to the state.

Don't sweat it 12 penguins. Your son or you will find out soon if he made the district, regional, or state teams.
I have no sons, Arizona. 3 daughters, all grown. 2 Teachers with Masters degrees and a second year Chiropractic student. But thank you for your kind words.

I see. If anyone has any information on the southwest district it would be much obliged.
Player of the year-Jacob Beauchot (Mason), also Micah McReynolds and Sam McKee of Mason. Sorry to be a total homer, but I found out at our banquet last night. I couldn't find anything on the site either.