Any teams that will fall off or Improve greatly in 2021

I'd say for my area teams like Princeton and Lakota East will make improvements, while teams Like Elder, and La Salle will take slight dips, while Ross, and Colerain will fall hard, I think Winton Woods will take a dip but will be masked like last year because they play in the ECC, any other teams around the state that can take massive improvements or dips?

New Bremen. From champions to only making the playoffs because 16 teams now make it
There are a LOT of players out for football in New Bremen, and more than a few who were big contributors last year. There will probably be a falloff, but I am not sure it will be very much.

I'm guessing Brecksville could slip. Very tough to lose/replace a D1 stud QB.

In the Canton/Akron Area I expect both Massillon and Hoover to have down years. The Tigers because they lost a ton of seniors and will be very young. I still think they'll win 7-8 games, but their streak of four straight regional titles probably ends in 2021. That being said, I fully expect Coach Moore to have the Tigers in the mix for a state title again in 2022. Hoover loses star QB Connor Ashby, who was one of the best players in school history, as well as every skill position starter on offense. Northwest and Streetsboro also lose outstanding senior classes, and will probably take a step back.

Barberton, Green and Talmadge all have the pieces to take big steps forward in 2021. Barberton finished last year very strong and only loses 5 seniors. They won at least 7 games every year from 2015-2019. I think last year's 3 win season was a fluke. Green has two stars in QB Trevor VanHorn and WR Trey Martin, and has a very deep senior class. The majority of Green's starters were juniors in 2020. Talmadge brings back pretty much their whole offense, which includes a very good QB and several talented receivers.

In the Canton/Akron Area I expect both Massillon and Hoover to have down years. The Tigers because they lost a ton of seniors and will be very young. I still think they'll win 7-8 games, but their streak of four straight regional titles probably ends in 2021. That being said, I fully expect Coach Moore to have the Tigers in the mix for a state title again in 2022. Hoover loses star QB Connor Ashby, who was one of the best players in school history, as well as every skill position starter on offense. Northwest and Streetsboro also lose outstanding senior classes, and will probably take a step back.

Barberton, Green and Talmadge all have the pieces to take big steps forward in 2021. Barberton finished last year very strong and only loses 5 seniors. They won at least 7 games every year from 2015-2019. I think last year's 3 win season was a fluke. Green has two stars in QB Trevor VanHorn and WR Trey Martin, and has a very deep senior class. The majority of Green's starters were juniors in 2020. Talmadge brings back pretty much their whole offense, which includes a very good QB and several talented receivers.
LOL! Which team wins the regional title?

LOL! Which team wins the regional title?
My guess would be one of the Olentangy schools or Westerville South. It's wide open. Massillon has a shot, but I don't see how they wouldn't decline after losing 2 D1 wide receivers and one of the best defenses in the entire state. I saw on the Massillon thread that the Tigers only have one starter back on defense.

My guess would be one of the Olentangy schools or Westerville South. It's wide open. Massillon has a shot, but I don't see how they wouldn't decline after losing 2 D1 wide receivers and one of the best defenses in the entire state. I saw on the Massillon thread that the Tigers only have one starter back on defense.
Massillon doesnt rebuild.

They Reload.

Expect them in the finals again this year and finally take home the crown.

You saw it here first.

I respect your opinion. However, the Tigers will surprise you this year. I would be really disappointed without, at least, the regional championship.

The thing about replacing all those D1 receivers is that we really only threw for an average of 1 TD per game and actually going into the Mck game our starting tailback was averaging only 3 ypc so the production that is gone might not actually be as hard to replace as some might think. The bigger thing is the threat that they maybe created to go deep but we really weren’t good at that last year so I’m not sure how much teams even really respected it after a while.

Replacing the defense is tough but they have replaced the entire defense each of the last few years as well and managed to maintain a good standard of play so I don’t see why they would all of a sudden fall off a bunch. Coupled with the ball control offense that we will likely employ I think our defense will be fine.

The thing about replacing all those D1 receivers is that we really only threw for an average of 1 TD per game and actually going into the Mck game our starting tailback was averaging only 3 ypc so the production that is gone might not actually be as hard to replace as some might think. The bigger thing is the threat that they maybe created to go deep but we really weren’t good at that last year so I’m not sure how much teams even really respected it after a while.

Replacing the defense is tough but they have replaced the entire defense each of the last few years as well and managed to maintain a good standard of play so I don’t see why they would all of a sudden fall off a bunch. Coupled with the ball control offense that we will likely employ I think our defense will be fine.
Hopefully Massillon will find a QB who can throw a good deep ball this year. That would be a game changer. I'm sure there are plenty of fast receivers in the program who can outrun opponents DBs. Even with all they lost, the Tigers are still the Canton/ Akron area's best shot for a public school to make it to championship weekend.

Let me say this you may want to beat WW early because once these young kids gain confidence, they will be a problem. The offense returns a lot of seniors and the defense is reloading. I wouldnt.want to sew this team late
I agree with you 100%. However, I'm not sure Coach Murphy has the type of QB he needs/wants for his offense. It'll definitely be interesting to see what QB steps up and develops for the Warriors during the dog days of summer. Winton Woods has too much talent, both on the field and from a coaching staff perspective to not compete for a state title.

I agree with you 100%. However, I'm not sure Coach Murphy has the type of QB he needs/wants for his offense. It'll definitely be interesting to see what QB steps up and develops for the Warriors during the dog days of summer. Winton Woods has too much talent, both on the field and from a coaching staff perspective to not compete for a state title.
This offense is totally different from what most folks are accustom to seeing from Winton Woods in the past.

Hopefully Massillon will find a QB who can throw a good deep ball this year. That would be a game changer. I'm sure there are plenty of fast receivers in the program who can outrun opponents DBs. Even with all they lost, the Tigers are still the Canton/ Akron area's best shot for a public school to make it to championship weekend.
Don’t you mean the Massillon/Canton/Akron area? ?

Last edited:
I think Trimble is going to improve after losing only 4 seniors. A few mistakes in the Newark Catholic game cost us. We should be tough this year, which makes for a fun season!

I agree that Hoover is going to have an off-season. The last remaining talent from the era of Don Herlter played for the team last year. This year's team will be made up of kids who came through the Baum system.

Massillon is Massillon, they reload year after year, so I don't see them having a down year. Their level of skill/talent far surpasses most teams in Stark County.

Green has a huge opportunity with the talent they bring back.

My guess would be one of the Olentangy schools notfLor nhing to esterville South. It's wide open. Massillon has a shot, but I don't see how they wouldn't decline after losing 2 D1 wide receivers and one of the best defenses in the entire state. I saw on the Massillon thread that the Tigers only have one starter back on defense.
Massillon only had 1 returning starter last year too in Caiden Woullard, with that said, I agree that Massillon will take a slight step back this year. They have a tough schedule, they lost a lot of starters to graduation and some potential starters to transfer. The only thing they have in their favor is maybe the weakest region in Ohio and almost definitely the weakest region in D2 which could allow them to get to the semi's and may allow them to stay/get healthy but will do nothing to prepare them for Hoban/Lasalle or Winton Woods.

Just calling it as I see it Maxie, hope I'm wrong. I've been pleased with what I've seen from McElroy so far. Everything theye done so far hasnt even factored in his potenting to tuck and rurun or hartson.

Maybe Glenoak, they will by no means be world beaters or even contend for the Fed, but a 4 or 5 win season might be possible. Garcia being back as the HC will help also. I’ll have a son on the team and from what I’ve seen they look like a real team except they appear to be really thin at O Line. Of course I’d rather he was in a Louisville uniform but we live where we live and I just have to accept it. It will be an exciting week 8 in our house when Glenoak goes to Louisville.