Another Pit Bull kills a child.

A lesson on how easily bigotries are put into our heads. There are 18 million Pit Bulls. If they were as perceived, there wouldn't be 18 million put bulls. A few kill. The rest are as puppy as a lab, which have been known to kill. And I think we all know, it's the smaller breeds that bite the most.

Canine Journal

petey-and-the-little-rascals.jpg
Is that the director of testing in the back?

I'm still not petting the pit bull next door. That said, as a former paperboy - forever traumatized by that mf chihuahua on the other side of the door - I agree:

The Chihuahua was ranked as one of the most aggressive.

Last edited:
A lesson on how easily bigotries are put into our heads. There are 18 million Pit Bulls. If they were as perceived, there wouldn't be 18 million put bulls. A few kill. The rest are as puppy as a lab, which have been known to kill. And I think we all know, it's the smaller breeds that bite the most.

Canine Journal

you know what is better than a dog type that has "a few kills", a dog type that has no kills.

that would be best,
but picking any type but a pit bull cuts you and your family's chances of being one of the "few kills"
18 million pit bulls. 340 deaths over 15 year period. I don't think it hard to imagine the living situation of most that were killed or hurt. More likely to die from a gun in the house and it's not close.

Stats say pit bulls are not as they're prejudiced to be. A person afraid of being one of the "few kills" would never have anything in the house nor leave the house for all the other things that could kill.

There was a record for a Chihuahua killing someone, with 2 human deaths recorded between 2005 and 2018 in the USA.

But like I said there is a caveat with these reports of Chihuahua’s killing people. The 2018 fatality also says that 2 Pitbulls were involved too. The person killed lived with the 3 dogs, and there’s no proof the Chihuahua was responsible, due to no eyewitness accounts.

Chihuahua even kills the witnesses. Pit bulls live in fear.
mean chihuahua dog GIF

Canine Journal

I'll take my chances with getting bit by a small dog versus getting a couple arms ripped off by a pit bull.

18 million pit bulls. 340 deaths over 15 year period. I don't think it hard to imagine the living situation of most that were killed or hurt. More likely to die from a gun in the house and it's not close.

Stats say pit bulls are not as they're prejudiced to be. A person afraid of being one of the "few kills" would never have anything in the house nor leave the house for all the other things that could kill.
so 340 people would have continued to live their lives, if Pit Bull owners had only gotten s different type of dog.

so 340 people would have continued to live their lives, if Pit Bull owners had only gotten s different type of dog.
Yeah, and many more would have continued to live their lives if they hadn't gotten out of bed. Hadn't gotten on a bike, a skateboard, choked on a fry.... There are 100 deaths EACH YEAR due to falling coconuts. 18 million pit bulls. 340 deaths over 15 year period.

No one is trying to convince you to get any particular kind of dog. I dont have one myself. I'm just showing that the numbers don't support the paranoia to show how easy it is for media to bigot people.

Pit Bulls are responsible for more deaths than any other breed. They are also more common and they are not responsible for more than the other breeds combined (according to that linked data). It's not the breed. It's the owner. Nurture, not nature any more than any other breed.

No, you are not perfectly safe around a pit bull. You are also not perfectly safe around a coconut.

As I said before, it is just a fatal combination of the dog's capacity for inflicting serious damage with irresponsible owners, many of whom got the dog as a status symbol. Change either of those elements and this isn't a story.

Yeah, and many more would have continued to live their lives if they hadn't gotten out of bed. Hadn't gotten on a bike, a skateboard, choked on a fry.... There are 100 deaths EACH YEAR due to falling coconuts. 18 million pit bulls. 340 deaths over 15 year period.

No one is trying to convince you to get any particular kind of dog. I dont have one myself. I'm just showing that the numbers don't support the paranoia to show how easy it is for media to bigot people.

Pit Bulls are responsible for more deaths than any other breed. They are also more common and they are not responsible for more than the other breeds combined (according to that linked data). It's not the breed. It's the owner. Nurture, not nature any more than any other breed.

No, you are not perfectly safe around a pit bull. You are also not perfectly safe around a coconut.
Gosh let's look at your threats
riding a bike, riding a skateboard, (not too many swallowing fly deaths a year outside of children's rhymes and possibly one Pope) are not comparative. It is we could save hundreds of lives if you used a different brand of bike or skateboard would be comparative
Guess what there are other very popular types of dog that are responsible for few or no death.
And then you say that Pitts are not responsible for more deaths than all other dog types combined. Talk about faint praise. You have to combine all the other types of dogs combined to exceed Pits and from what you write you are not even sure of that..
As to nurture over nature, there is something bred into pit that makes them more dangerous to humans. I am sure given human nature a lot of other dogs are poorly nurtured but when they go bad, people don't die.
You know I am not perfectly safe around a pit bull and I am not perfectly safe around a rattle snake. It is best to avoid them both.

Last edited:

LOL. I call bullcrap. You think you could train a collie to kill someone? How about a labrador?

LOL. I call bullcrap. You think you could train a collie to kill someone? How about a labrador?

Me? I'm not a trainer. Labs? Seriously? Known biters and they can play without knowing the consequence. Hence my comment early in the thread.
Hell, Ive been bitten by a lab at the park, someone didn't have it on a leash. Beagle too, running by. They're animals man, no controversy on whether they bite or can be trained to kill. Googled stats
Labs accounted for 13.3 percent of the reported bites; pit bulls, 8.4 percent; German shepherds, 7.8 percent;

They're animals. Of course they can be trained to kill. The effects of improper breading are well know. You can born a killer lab as well as you can born a killer pit, particular regards babies and children. Get into their territory looking weak and you're playing roulet.

Goes to what I've been saying about how easy it is to get bias from media, be it dogs or people. We're living off what we've been fed from Old Yeller and Lassie. In reality, dogs are meat eating predators. They're not trained to be mean. They're trained to be nice.

Me? I'm not a trainer. Labs? Seriously? Known biters and they can play without knowing the consequence. Hence my comment early in the thread.
Hell, Ive been bitten by a lab at the park, someone didn't have it on a leash. Beagle too, running by. They're animals man, no controversy on whether they bite or can be trained to kill. Googled stats

They're animals. Of course they can be trained to kill. The effects of improper breading are well know. You can born a killer lab as well as you can born a killer pit, particular regards babies and children. Get into their territory looking weak and you're playing roulet.

Goes to what I've been saying about how easy it is to get bias from media, be it dogs or people. We're living off what we've been fed from Old Yeller and Lassie. In reality, dogs are meat eating predators. They're not trained to be mean. They're trained to be nice.
Bitten? Yes..any animal can bite. Not any of these dogs could kill you. They don't have it in their genetics. Don't be dumb.

A Group Of Small Dogs, Including A Border Collie, Attacked A Woman And Killed Her. Despite viral news reports, police say none of the dogs were actually "wiener dogs."
Bitten? Yes..any animal can bite. Not any of these dogs could kill you. They don't have it in their genetics. Don't be dumb.
Oh look at you be cute. "Don't be dumb." :ROFLMAO:

Believe what you want and get butt-hurt if you want or keep your head in the sand if that is your preference. The Statistics and history are easy googles. ? ANY animal can kill. ANY animal HAS killed. 15 million pits and 340 kills in 15 years. They can all kill. It's rare in ANY breed because they are TRAINED to be nice.

"don't have it in their genetics" smh. How the do you think they survived in the wild? Take-out? You want to call people "dumb?" smh

Pets are socialized to humans as young ones. Don't do that and leave it alone with your child without further training if you want. Don't say you weren't warned.
bunny rabbit GIF

Last edited:

Believe what you want and get butt-hurt if you want or keep your head in the sand if that is your preference. The Statistics and history are easy googles. ? ANY animal can kill. ANY animal HAS killed. 15 million pits and 340 kills in 15 years. They can all kill. It's rare in ANY breed because they are TRAINED to be nice.

"don't have it in their genetics" smh. How the do you think they survived in the wild? Take-out? You want to call people "dumb?" smh

Pets are socialized to humans as young ones. Don't do that and leave it alone with your child without further training if you want. Don't say you weren't warned.
bunny rabbit GIF
You don't have to train a border collie to want to herd cattle...just as you don't have to train a pit bull to attack someone. It's really simple stuff. It's called nature.

bunny rabbit GIF
Please cite where a poodle has killed someone. I'll wait.

Please cite where a poodle has killed someone. I'll wait.
:ROFLMAO:

You're showing some frustration here. First you tell someone they're being "dumb" just for posting stats and, face it stating the reality of the animal kingdom, now you're going to base your entire "I won this argument" on low hanging fruit?

Look for it yourself if it's that important to your feeling of "I won this."

Put your baby in alone with an unsocialized, untrained poodle if you're so convinced its territorial genetics will not be predatory, see how long that marriage lasts. ;)
Poodles are used as guard dogs as they can be territorial and will often act out against strangers.

bunny rabbit GIF
Are we going to have to resort to the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to rid the world of that menace?

:ROFLMAO:

You're showing some frustration here. First you tell someone they're being "dumb" just for posting stats and, face it stating the reality of the animal kingdom, now you're going to base your entire "I won this argument" on low hanging fruit?

Look for it yourself if it's that important to your feeling of "I won this."

Put your baby in alone with an unsocialized, untrained poodle if you're so convinced its territorial genetics will not be predatory, see how long that marriage lasts. ;)
So you can’t. Lol. The old “look it up yourself” copout

So you can’t. Lol. The old “look it up yourself” copout
The old, "refuse to acknowledge the part of the posts that denies your narrative" copout.

If some poodle chews the face off your baby, it's on you. You were warned.
And watch out for those coconuts. They kill more people than all dogs combined.