Alternates for Relays get in to the Regional and State Meets

ENA2

From Dustine Ware Sports Administrator ALTERNATES = FREE ENTRY
I was recently made aware that during the transition into my hire with the OHSAA, there was an ‘oversite’ regarding the decision to allow alternates FREE ENTRY into the Regional & State Meets. This has since been brought to the attention of the Executive Director’s Office. Therefore, the decision has been made to ALLOW alternate athletes FREE ENTRY into the Regional & State Meets. Please communicate with your event staff & participating schools that these alternate athletes ARE PERMITTED FREE ENTRY into the Regional & State Meet. Lastly, please remind the coaches that the FREE ENTRY of alternate athletes DOES NOT impact the number of coaches passes a team will receive. (Example. A school has a total of 7 total qualified athletes & 2 alternates…the school should still only receive 2 coaches passes, not 3)

This is really good news and shows some foresight for the OHSAA. I have had several kids participate and earn medals at both the Regional and State Meets who had to pay to get in.

We were just going over this yesterday. Finally! We are always short on coaches passes too, but I'll live with that.

Best news ever. Thanks to those who went into making this happen. Cross country went to this a couple of years ago which was also nice.

25 years of coaching. $7 an average ticket price past 25 years. 2 alternates for XC total- one for each gender and 4 for track every year in the 4x4 and 4x8 for boys and girls. 6 alternates every year.

~ $1050 that I will save the next 25 years of coaching.

I have never got reimbursed by our school..... Our Booster Club has helped out a couple times but usually it's on the coach(es).

From Dustine Ware Sports Administrator ALTERNATES = FREE ENTRY
I was recently made aware that during the transition into my hire with the OHSAA, there was an ‘oversite’ regarding the decision to allow alternates FREE ENTRY into the Regional & State Meets. This has since been brought to the attention of the Executive Director’s Office. Therefore, the decision has been made to ALLOW alternate athletes FREE ENTRY into the Regional & State Meets. Please communicate with your event staff & participating schools that these alternate athletes ARE PERMITTED FREE ENTRY into the Regional & State Meet. Lastly, please remind the coaches that the FREE ENTRY of alternate athletes DOES NOT impact the number of coaches passes a team will receive. (Example. A school has a total of 7 total qualified athletes & 2 alternates…the school should still only receive 2 coaches passes, not 3)
When was this sent out to the schools and coaches?

This was a huge relief for us getting into the Regional yesterday. It seems like a little thing, but it is always a 10-15 minute hassle when we arrive. We had bussing issues that put us there much later than we would normally like. Having the proper number of tickets was very nice and made for a much less stressful time. It was commented on by our staff. "How nice was it not to have to deal with enough tickets.?" It was very helpful.