Alter vs SVSM

SVSM great team. Athletic,long, disciplined and fearce defensive intensity. Good game for 3 plus quarters Irish just to good. Alter had great season well done. Good luck to Irish in final.

It not an attack. The kids do not find St V, the machine finds them. Plus stop cheating.

1647767057781.jpeg

Does St Vs head coach always whine that much?
I am not speaking of the recruiting. If you cross check the ASVSM roster with the information they gave for the Competitive Balance formula, they are cheating.
Stop with this nonsense.

Don’t you think the OHSAA has looked at their information..once..twice…three times? The competitive balance numbers are there for all to see. Why don’t you enlighten us as to the specifics with the numbers? Clearly you have them. Post them. Show us how they are cheating. Just more false information. Fake news

Does St Vs head coach always whine that much?

Stop with this nonsense.

Don’t you think the OHSAA has looked at their information..once..twice…three times? The competitive balance numbers are there for all to see. Why don’t you enlighten us as to the specifics with the numbers? Clearly you have them. Post them. Show us how they are cheating. Just more false information. Fake news
There are three tiers to the CB formula and EVERY kid that has played time during the previous season or listed on the tournament roster gets put into the formula. This includes kids that may get injured or quit the team during season. Most schools place 15 guys on their tournament roster. They had 14 guys actually get minutes in the state tournament. This means they should have at least 14 in their CB numbers. They have 13 and those numbers are entered by a school officials and not a OHSAA official.

There are three tiers to the CB formula and EVERY kid that has played time during the previous season or listed on the tournament roster gets put into the formula. This includes kids that may get injured or quit the team during season. Most schools place 15 guys on their tournament roster. They had 14 guys actually get minutes in the state tournament. This means they should have at least 14 in their CB numbers. They have 13 and those numbers are entered by a school officials and not a OHSAA official.
Clearly you are mistaken or have misinformation. If this were to be true the OHSAA would know…and the Irish would be kicked out of the tournament. You can report a coach or a program to the OHSAA by calling 614-466-3593.

Clearly you are mistaken or have misinformation. If this were to be true the OHSAA would know…and the Irish would be kicked out of the tournament. You can report a coach or a program to the OHSAA by calling 614-466-3593.
I have the stats from last year's state tournament and can see the CB numbers on the OHSAA website.

There is ZERO reason for St V to be playing in any division other than division 1. They play a national schedule, recruit players from other districts, and have proven that division 2 is no longer competitive for them. Complete ridiculous that this prep school that masquerades as a high school is not playing at the highest level. Man up, and move up.

There is ZERO reason for St V to be playing in any division other than division 1. They play a national schedule, recruit players from other districts, and have proven that division 2 is no longer competitive for them. Complete ridiculous that this prep school that masquerades as a high school is not playing at the highest level. Man up, and move up.
Has nothing to do with manning up. St V does not masquerade as a high school. It’s a top notch HS in Akron that prides itself on the academic side as well as it does athletically. Stop with the recruiting nonsense as well as the publics recruit as much as the privates do. This is an active thread right now about a really good player “transferring” to Centerville. Richmond Heights best player “transferred” from Canton Glen Oak and is going to West Virginia and they play in D4. Are you going after them as well?

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with manning up. St V does not masquerade as a high school. It’s a top notch HS in Akron that prides itself on the academic side as well as it does athletically. Stop with the recruiting nonsense as well as the publics recruit as much as the privates do. This is an active thread right now about a really good player “transferring” to Centerville. Richmond Heights best player “transferred” from Canton Glen Oak and is going to West Virginia and they play in D4. Are you going after them as well?
If we’re talking about the same kid, the real good player “transferring” to Centerville actually lives in Centerville. He went to CJ because his uncle was a coach there. Unfortunately that uncle died recently.

If we’re talking about the same kid, the real good player “transferring” to Centerville actually lives in Centerville. He went to CJ because his uncle was a coach there. Unfortunately that uncle died recently.
Thanks for sharing and condolences to his family

I have an idea for some of the you always complaining about private and inner city schools recruiting. Get out of those towns and start playing a tougher schedule. Stop whining about AAU teams being put together, put one together of your own. Adjust to what's happening in today's sports. Have your kids come out of that town of 1000 people and have them compete with metro area kids in the summer. I went to a small Christian school and my dad would drop me off in the heart of the city to play with the best, I played against the kids being recruited by colleges. Just stop it please, this weak argument has been going on for almost 40 years.

I have an idea for some of the you always complaining about private and inner city schools recruiting. Get out of those towns and start playing a tougher schedule. Stop whining about AAU teams being put together, put one together of your own. Adjust to what's happening in today's sports. Have your kids come out of that town of 1000 people and have them compete with metro area kids in the summer. I went to a small Christian school and my dad would drop me off in the heart of the city to play with the best, I played against the kids being recruited by colleges. Just stop it please, this weak argument has been going on for almost 40 years.
That is exactly correct. Some smaller community kids need to and do get out and play the best competition growing up so that when they become seniors who have put in years of work and time together to make it to the state tournament they can get beat by a running clock playing a team that was assemble in the past couple off-seasons. Good solution.

I think the OHSAA should allow schools like St. V to play up. They are clearly heads and shoulders above every other school in D2 year in and year out. They would benefit from playing a more challenging post-season. That is no knock on them, mind you. They're not doing anything wrong, despite what their haters say. From what I've seen and heard from alumni (a kid who works for me graduated from there in '15), it's a good school that attracts good kids, some of whom are good athletes as well. Are they to apologize for that? This is like when people attack Ted Ginn and Glenville because they attract kids from outside their attendance zone. They're not putting kidnapping kids and forcing them to attend. The kids want to go there. Stop with this recruiting crap

I think the OHSAA should allow schools like St. V to play up. They are clearly heads and shoulders above every other school in D2 year in and year out. They would benefit from playing a more challenging post-season. That is no knock on them, mind you. They're not doing anything wrong, despite what their haters say. From what I've seen and heard from alumni (a kid who works for me graduated from there in '15), it's a good school that attracts good kids, some of whom are good athletes as well. Are they to apologize for that? This is like when people attack Ted Ginn and Glenville because they attract kids from outside their attendance zone. They're not putting kidnapping kids and forcing them to attend. The kids want to go there. Stop with this recruiting crap
No they may not be but playing by the rules the "head up the arse" OHSAA allows them. When coach Dru shows up at an 8th grade game is he talking every kid in that school to attend StV? Exactly, call it, spin it any way you want, maybe legal but BS.

What?? So playing a tougher schedule will allow you to compete against ST V? This is happening because kids aren't dropped off in the middle of a city to play against better kids? If that happened, St V wouldn't win by 30 in every D2 game they played? What are we talking about? Also, for those who talk about St V. and their academics; how many of the D1 basketball players do you really believe are there because they offer the best AP Chemistry class? The answer is 0. Yes they want to go there, because Lebron went there, they get great gear, and they get national recognition. Don't think for one SECOND that Dru Joyce does not use that same pitch to players considering what to do. That is called RECRUITING.

The top kids want to go to SVSM because of their history of success, exposure and ability to play with and against the best. It is a destination of choice for top basketball talent.

The phone number for the OHSAA is 614-267-2502 for anyone wishing to lodge a verifiable complaint.

The top kids want to go to SVSM because of their history of success, exposure and ability to play with and against the best. It is a destination of choice for top basketball talent.

The phone number for the OHSAA is 614-267-2502 for anyone wishing to lodge a verifiable complaint.
Oh, and they also get an excellent education in a more stable environment than they would see at a lot of APS high schools.