all gwoc

theyve been done for at least a week. all the coaches let their players know already. i dont know of anywhere that has them posted yet though...

I've talked to players from a couple of different teams and, if they know, no one is talking.

My bet is that just the coaches know at this point.

All GWOC

does anyone know?

Offensively, here are the GWOC top ten:

1. Derek Grajeda Wayne 22 4 48
2. Anthony D'Amico Fairmont 17 5 39
3. Ben Danklefsen Sidney 11 13 35
4. Matt Miller Sidney 12 7 31
5. Tyler Pollock Beavercreek 11 5 27
6. Kory Yohey Piqua 9 6 24
7. Grant Elder Northmont 9 4 22
7. Ryan Shepherd Springboro 7 8 22
9. Shelby Hill Beavercreek 8 4 20
9. Eric Parris Troy 8 4 20

Top 5 goalies:1. Jack Arnold Wayne 10.0
2. Brad Yinger Sidney 9.0
3. Mitch Inkrott Beavercreek 8.3
4. RJ Larry Springboro 7.0
5. Austin Starr Fairmont 5.0

I realize that these are just statistics and that there are no report cards for defensive field players, but I would thinks these guys shouild all have a shot at making one of the teams.

Coach of the year HAS to be Guiliano

He won last year. Is there any precedence for winning it two years in a row?

The page that has last year's all gwoc teams on the gwoc website shows that it was updated on 11/5/06. That seems like a long time to wait for the announcement. Anybody remember for sure when the teams were announced last year?

And the Central and North now too.

No coach of the year listed for either the Central or the South.

Any surprises?

I think that 3 goalies making first team all-gwoc south is kind of a suprise. Brett Carr, RJ Larry, and Schwartz

Inkrott deserved better than a Special Mention; he should have been First Team. The coaches decided to get Koroscil, Beavercreek's backup, some time in the goal and combined they had 12 shut outs. Arnold had a good year for Wayne and deserved a second team slot.

I wonder about the distribution of slots on the team. Here they are:

Team 1st team 2nd team Special Mention
Beavercreek 3 3 1
Centerville 3 2 1
Wayne 2 3 1
Fairmont 2 2 1
Spfld North 1 1 1

Even though Beavercreek went undefeated, was ranked #1 in the state for most of the year and has been ranked nationally for more than a month now, they only got one more player than both Centerville and Wayne. Huh?

A couple of other observations. D'amico had the second most goals in the Central this year and made 2nd team. Kyle Eakins from Beavercreek who was amazing all year, didn't make the cut. Other than Mayhew, who plays midfield, there was no rep from the Beavercreek defense that only gave up 7 goals all season. Phil Wagner, anyone?

they can only put a certain amount of people in for voting or whatever they do to put the players the coaches select on a team. Im sure if a coach could put his whole team up to be on a team they would but you cant do that.

Rankings and all-GWOC Selections

Even though Beavercreek went undefeated, was ranked #1 in the state for most of the year and has been ranked nationally for more than a month now, they only got one more player than both Centerville and Wayne. Huh?

Rankings mean nothing. Beavercreek got one more player on the teams than Centerville and Wayne. Sounds right to me.

Beavercreek is good, but unbeatable? I think not.

Let's see Beavercreek prove it on the field of play.

State Title

You mean like they have all year? Ok.

Yup, that's exactly what I mean. The regular season and first few tournament games are one thing; regional and state quite another.

They're ranked number one in the state. I repeat: let's see them prove it on the field.

Beavercreek

Rankings mean nothing. Beavercreek got one more player on the teams than Centerville and Wayne. Sounds right to me.

Beavercreek is good, but unbeatable? I think not.

Let's see Beavercreek prove it on the field of play.

I'm not sure that I have heard anyone from Beavercreek say that they were "unbeatable." Are they a good team ? sure ...they have some great players and are well above average front to back on the field and top to bottom on the bench....are they good enough to go all the way...maybe ...have they "proved it on the field"?....so far : absolutely...its a one and out tournament...keep it in perspective ..even if you win, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are "the best"...and if you lose, it doesn't necessarily mean that you weren't "the best"... Beavercreek had a great regular season, winning their league with no losses, and has made it to the regional finals (State quarter finals)...they have beat solid teams like Centerville, Fairmont, Wayne, Springboro and now Lakota West ...even if they lose on Saturday, they certainly have already "proved it on the field."

Back on topic...

They finally posted the Coaches of the Year for all 3 GWOC divisions:

Central - John Guiliano (Beavercreek)
North - Eric Harlamert (Sidney)
South - Paul Bohaboy (Springboro)

Congratulations, gentlemen!