All electric vehicles...will not work.

Not without a tremendous expenditure, and one that is unwarranted. Climate is changing. Always has. None of this green bullsh1t changes any weather outcomes. Every time that we change the rules, whoever is ahead of the curve is able to invest ahead of the change. That is all that is happening here, except that the Dems want SO badly to be “early” on a change that they created a need to meet. They are so far overboard that they call “plant food“ deadly. Anthropogenic global warming is complete BS.
but China is listed as a developing nation.....LOL!!!! as they build 1,000 coal burning plants......so why would THe looneys agree to put China at a unfair advantage against us?

Is generating the electricity to power these cars cleaner than producing and burning gasoline without a drastic increase in solar, wind, and nuclear? It seems like the Bastiat fallacy "That which is seen, and that which is not seen".

Last edited:
Most of the last article I linked is dealing with local delivery.

“We see that electrification adoption is accelerating across commercial vehicles starting with the light commercial vehicles and buses and continuing with the medium-duty trucks because they are reaching Total Cost of Ownership parity with internal combustion engines pretty much today,” said Beyza Sarioglu, senior director of strategy and business planning for commerical vehicles at Dana. “Especially in urban and regional use cases such as distribution of goods and local services like construction because they require smaller batteries and with their duty cycles they get more benefit from regenerative braking, and different technologies electrification offers. Long-haul, on the other hand, heavy-duty trucks are expected to reach TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) parity in the 2030 timeframe. It’s not going to be a quick transition.”
So then we won't be able to depend on rail delivery as you stated in your response?

As an aside are their any prototype electric cement mixing trucks? After watching nine of these beasts line up to pour my basement with a huge hose truck also involved to deliver the cement from the trucks I'm curious to see where they are with converting these types of vehicles.

I get that Amazon or Fed Ex local delivery truck fleets might be electrified sooner then later. It probably even makes sense. But I'm talking those BIG local heavy duty trucks that you see all over the place making deliveries.

Same way they do it up North during the cold months. Duh'

alas52283.jpeg
I suspect those are engine warmers not recharging electric cars.

So then we won't be able to depend on rail delivery as you stated in your response?

As an aside are their any prototype electric cement mixing trucks? After watching nine of these beasts line up to pour my basement with a huge hose truck also involved to deliver the cement from the trucks I'm curious to see where they are with converting these types of vehicles.

I get that Amazon or Fed Ex local delivery truck fleets might be electrified sooner then later. It probably even makes sense. But I'm talking those BIG local heavy duty trucks that you see all over the place making deliveries.
Rail delivery was a bit of a joke, because I drive on the highway a lot and the trucks are a pain.

Apparently so, on the cement trucks.

I suspect those are engine warmers not recharging electric cars.
Let's assume they are chargers, for sake of argument.

Would you need to arrange charging times with your neighbors in the apartment building?

"Hey, Jim, I had the 1am to 3am charge last week! Can;t we make a trade here?"

People use to say the same thing about planes, gas cars, computers, cell phone and most new technologies … guess what … they just kept getting better and better … my bet is the electric cars, batteries, and charging units will get better over time … are we ready for full time use of electric cars … no, but it will happen … just a matter of time.
I don't think your analogy applies to electric cars though. Everything you sited represents clear and enormous gains in function. Flying comfortably to the west coast in 5 hours beats driving for two days and driving for two days beats the hell out of spending months using horse drawn coaches.

What we're talking about with electric cars is a switch from gas/diesel powered vehicles to electric powered ones. There is no correspondingly big improvement in function. Will the electric cars be bigger? Will they carry more load or people? Will they be safer? Will they be faster? What are the benefits of the switch? There was never any doubt of the benefit of a cell phone compared to a land line phone. Or a computers benefit. Or a planes benefit.

Sure there MAY be environmental benefits. But even here I would want an honest assessment of the environmental cost of the battery production and electrical grid maintenance of an electric car fleet versus a gasoline powered fleet. I suspect that the true environmental benefit here is marginal. And if the environment is the driving force wouldn't a switch to a natural gas powered vehicle fleet be a better option?

And given that the USA possesses the largest reserves of coal, oil and natural gas on earth can someone explain the economic benefits of converting our gas/diesel powered vehicles to electric?

Would you need to arrange charging times with your neighbors in the apartment building?

Engine block heaters are 1500 watts, if you can power those you can charge a car.

Engine block heaters are 1500 watts, if you can power those you can charge a car.
These heaters are specialty items used in extreme winter climates. They are a necessity that drive up the cost of operating motor vehicles. They are also a huge inconvenience. It's the price you pay for all those beautiful Alaskan mountains you get to look at.

Again what is the true benefit of switching to all electric cars? If we were running out of oil I could see the benefit but oil reserves look capable of fueling the world for the next century. And why would you pick electric over natural gas for the nations vehicle fleet?

These heaters are specialty items used in extreme winter climates. They are a necessity that drive up the cost of operating motor vehicles. They are also a huge inconvenience. It's the price you pay for all those beautiful Alaskan mountains you get to look at.

Again what is the true benefit of switching to all electric cars? If we were running out of oil I could see the benefit but oil reserves look capable of fueling the world for the next century. And why would you pick electric over natural gas for the nations vehicle fleet?
It was being used as an example of infrastructure that already exists today and would not need to be invented, only expanded.

For sake of argument - you could move to a nicer neighborhood where sharing outlets isn't necessary.

Which state gets to store the used batteries. You cant bury them.
The batteries are crushed and separated into like parts where the plastics go on to be reprocessed, and the lead is sent back to battery manufacturers for reuse. The end result is that every new battery contains between 60-80% of recycled materials. This creates something that's known as a “closed-loop” system.

why don't you read what he said, for me to respond like that.... tough guy... got love when you crawl back into yappi.... by the way, wasn't that a Aids worker got blown up by the Biden admin? or where did you read that he was a terrorist? you sitting around with your pilot buddies again? did they happen to give you a little set of wings yet?
bigkat gonna bigkat...lol

Easy there cat, you are gonna stroke out and leave this place without your wonderful insight. ;)

CA struggles with blackouts...not sure that's the example of the power grid handling the demand you want.
The blackout problem is a different issue.

The OP heard from his best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

It was always interesting listening to my grandparents and my parents talk about how things were when they were young and realize things never change or progress.

I just got back from Kitty Hawk. Think about airplanes. Think about automobiles and filling stations.

This shows why progressives need to be in charge and conservatives need to just worry about keeping kids off their lawns.

I've learned that things are just too difficult for conservatives. Especially if math is involved.

It was always interesting listening to my grandparents and my parents talk about how things were when they were young and realize things never change or progress.

I just got back from Kitty Hawk. Think about airplanes. Think about automobiles and filling stations.

This shows why progressives need to be in charge and conservatives need to just worry about keeping kids off their lawns.

I've learned that things are just too difficult for conservatives. Especially if math is involved.
What math is it we don't understand, oh wise one?

What math is it we don't understand, oh wise one?
Any.
The simplest seems to stump you. Addition + and greater than > and less than <
Please see election results.

Well established that percentages and statistics are way above your heads.

You shouldn't even be dipping your toes into the electrical enginering pool.

Remember, cell phones will never replace land lines.

Any.
The simplest seems to stump you. Addition + and greater than > and less than <
Please see election results.

Well established that percentages and statistics are way above your heads.

You shouldn't even be dipping your toes into the electrical enginering pool.

Remember, cell phones will never replace land lines.
Please share with us your resume, including your educational achievement, so we may realize that you do in fact know more about math and statistics than we do. I have yet to read a post from you the demonstrates any high level thinking in anything, let alone in math or statistics. Perhaps I have missed those gems.

Please share with us your resume, including your educational achievement, so we may realize that you do in fact know more about math and statistics than we do. I have yet to read a post from you the demonstrates any high level thinking in anything, let alone in math or statistics. Perhaps I have missed those gems.
Because you don't understand math or statistics.