Akron Pee Wee Playoffs at Hoban this Saturday.....

allworld

You guys want to see some good pee wee teams? Come to Hoban on Saturday. I think the first game starts at 10 with the A team (9 and 10 year olds). Followed by Varsity then J.V.!

I won't be there because my son has a game but I will be there next week for the championships.

allworld said:
You guys want to see some good pee wee teams? Come to Hoban on Saturday. I think the first game starts at 10 with the A team (9 and 10 year olds). Followed by Varsity then J.V.!

I won't be there because my son has a game but I will be there next week for the championships.

The Junior Varsity playoffs start this Saturday at 1:00p.m.. The Varsity Playoffs are on Sunday.
Then the next week the Championship games (varsity and JV) at Hoban on Saturday. We should all support the young guys and also Watch West JV go for four in a row. Them Barnett brothers can coach, no wonder Justin is as good as he is (Football Knowledge).

allworld I read your post in the other thread and you are so right, the pee wee system spit out Gulleys every year.

The Akron Pee Wee system is the best around. People in Columbus, Massillon/Canton and even Michigan know about them. This was the second year in a row that the Glenville pee wee's didn't show up for the scrimmage against West!

Come check it out on Saturday!

If you want to see a good peewee (we call it youth now, more politically correct hehe). Come see the Tallmadge Junior Varsity team (ages 11-12), who are undefeated for their 4th straight year. Heck, opponent's offensives have only managed 1 TD all year long against this team.

Their championship playoff game is in 3 weeks. (probably against Green)

Pee Wee football. The coaches don't have to worry about grades. Some of them don't worry about sportsmanship. CYO ball is a better preparation for high school.

allworld said:
The Akron Pee Wee system is the best around. People in Columbus, Massillon/Canton and even Michigan know about them. This was the second year in a row that the Glenville pee wee's didn't show up for the scrimmage against West!

Come check it out on Saturday!

best around where? you must not know about the WOJFC (Western Ohio Junior Football Conference) Wojfc.com this is one of best pee wee conferences around ohio, boast teams like centerville, wayne, northmont, meadowdale, and others. i wish your super bowl winner could play their winner

north viking

explain how cyo football is a better preparation for high school than the city. most of the "stars" on hoban, walsh, & stv are products of city pee wee football. woolridge at walsh, & johnson at hoban. tuck, lee, bowens, richardson, culver, hart, & evans from stv. i do know that those players alone do not make a football team but those players get the most recognition on their respected teams.

Last edited:
Wasn't there something on one of the Ohio State games about Pittman, Sutton, and Wells all playing on the same team in the Akron pee wee league? Or was it that they were all in the league at the same time on different teams?

Yappi, those 3 players all played in the Akron Pee Lee League at the same time. The league has talent, but questionable coaching and sportsmanship. Also, grades aren't a factor in pee wee football!

there is questionable coaching & sportsmanship in any league or sport. It is a personal preference as to where your child will benefit. the truth is that politics in sports start at a young age. grades can be a factor in pee wee sports but the parents have to demand that their child excell in school. the city pee wee teams are not part of a schools extracurricular activity for it to be inforced. pittman and suttun played for the south rangers pee wee teams and wells played for east pee wee teams.

I'll be there bright and early Sunday morning, supporting the West Griffins. Good luck to all the teams particpating.

It's funny North Viking mentioned the CYO league, I didnt even know there was one in Akron until I read Delone Carter played for them a couple years ago. The Akron Parent Pee-Wee league has some of the most talented teams in the state and has for years. Ask Kenmore and Ellet how their teams fared while they were in the league.

I believe Lebron was on one of those South Ranger teams with Sutton or Pittman.

Sportsprophet,
I wish I was in a position to accept that challenge, because I would lve to see that.

I think the pee-wees in akron do put out better talent than cyo and at that age might make them have better teams. Just because the "stars" come from pee-wee doesnt mean its better preperation.

Best around??? I doubt that....

Someone posted that these teams are the best around. Even people in Canton and Massillon know about them. Well hear this hear this....We need to set up a scrimmage early next year with Perry Youth League....There is a team called the Hurricanes that you might not want to toy with...They might not be the biggest team in size-height and weight, but I guarantee this, they are the hardest hitting pee wee team around....These are young boys in 3,4,5 grades...Ask a couple of the Canton teams that trade off each year to play in our round robbin as a scrimmage. These teams have kids that are 6' and almost 200lbs, and they cannot play with us. We hit so hard that their coaches asked us to only play 3 qtrs because so many of their kids were getting hurt...We pull our guards and tear up teams with 'so called' good defensive ends.

FYI....Anyonr that is interested, we have our championship game this Sun at FAWCETT STADIUM 3:15...The Perry Hurricanes play a very good Green Bulldogs team...From what I understand there are 5 games here starting at 12noon going the rest of the day...

One thing we must remember...These are KIDS.......Some parents and coaches act out like fools through their children....

Good Luck to all pee wee teams this weekend.....There is nothing better than MIDGET FOOTBALL......

Yappi said:
Wasn't there something on one of the Ohio State games about Pittman, Sutton, and Wells all playing on the same team in the Akron pee wee league? Or was it that they were all in the league at the same time on different teams?
Sutton and Brian Williams was in the same backfield when they played for South Varsity. I'm sure some of you remember who Brian Williams was a couple years ago. He rushed for over 2000 yards and 30 td's his senior year for The Griffs. From what I understand he is about to go big time D-1!

hubman said:
I'll be there bright and early Sunday morning, supporting the West Griffins. Good luck to all the teams particpating.

It's funny North Viking mentioned the CYO league, I didnt even know there was one in Akron until I read Delone Carter played for them a couple years ago. The Akron Parent Pee-Wee league has some of the most talented teams in the state and has for years. Ask Kenmore and Ellet how their teams fared while they were in the league.

I believe Lebron was on one of those South Ranger teams with Sutton or Pittman.

Sportsprophet,
I wish I was in a position to accept that challenge, because I would lve to see that.

Isn't your son playing?

Allworld, where do you get your info? Brian Williams is done at Pitt. The last I heard his grades were still too low to get through the NCAA clearinghouse!

iceman84 said:
Someone posted that these teams are the best around. Even people in Canton and Massillon know about them. Well hear this hear this....We need to set up a scrimmage early next year with Perry Youth League....There is a team called the Hurricanes that you might not want to toy with...They might not be the biggest team in size-height and weight, but I guarantee this, they are the hardest hitting pee wee team around....These are young boys in 3,4,5 grades...Ask a couple of the Canton teams that trade off each year to play in our round robbin as a scrimmage. These teams have kids that are 6' and almost 200lbs, and they cannot play with us. We hit so hard that their coaches asked us to only play 3 qtrs because so many of their kids were getting hurt...We pull our guards and tear up teams with 'so called' good defensive ends.

When they got rid of the weight limits for the Varsity teams in Akron that opened up a whole new ballgame. I'm talking kids that look like they should be playing High School J.V. rather than pee wee ball. We don't have to talk about the speed because thats how we do it. Akron took a J.V. team down to Canton a couple years ago and destroyed a couple Varsity teams down there.

figured i'd give a shout out to some Southwest Ohio pee wee kids. There's a HUGE game this saturday in the CCYFL(Clermont County Youth Football League) in the 9 year old division between the Batavia Bulldogs and an Amelia team. Both are 8 and 0 on the year and neither team has even been scored on yet! Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams!

North Viking said:
Allworld, where do you get your info? Brian Williams is done at Pitt. The last I heard his grades were still too low to get through the NCAA clearinghouse!
He didn't even make it to Pitt. He went to Hargraves or one of those other schools and was cleaning house at DB. Supposedly Pitt was one of the schools still in the running for his services. He might even play RB I heard. The Beacon did a little story on him early in the year!

North Viking said:
http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=51644&sport=1

According to the above website dated 10/12/2006 Pitt is still recruiting him, after averaging 10 yards a carry and getting 6 interceptions last year for Valley Forge Military.

The article Allworld was referring to was titled "Williams Drawing Interest" written by Gary Estwick and published in the Beacon Journal 01/08/2006.

I know a person in the academic and athletic office at Pitt. Williams won't be at Pitt unless his grades greatly improved since high school. Pitt is kinda sour on Buchtel kids right now.

A few stats of former players of the Akron Parent Pee Wee league for todays college games.
Antonio Pittman (OSU jr) 16 carries 105 yards 0 44 Long
Chriss Wells (OSU fr) 10 carries 65 yards 1 td 21 Long
Tyrell Sutton (NW soph) 21 carries 171 yards 0 64 Long

:clap::clap::clap:

allworld said:
Isn't your son playing?

You know what, now that you mention it He sure is!!!!! hubman's oldest will be strapping it up against the Patterson Park Vikings for a right to play in the Championship game. :party:

Did anyone catch the South Vs. West playoff game today???... West won 6-0.... South could have won; but they stopped giving the ball to # 34, Denzel Robinson, this kid iz a player!!!! he's going to Buchtel next year!!! U heard it here first "Dis kid iz sumtin special"

hubman said:
You know what, now that you mention it He sure is!!!!! hubman's oldest will be strapping it up against the Patterson Park Vikings for a right to play in the Championship game. :party:

This Saturday the Championship games begin. In A-Team Action it is West versus South, In JV action it is West versus Patterson Park (West JV is going for four in a row, Way to go Coach Barnetts and staff) and in Varsity action West versus Firestone Park. Kudos to the West program.

Now Allworld, you was so righ about that West JV team, but there was a good one last year. They went down to Marion Ohio in a tournament and won it. They played five games, kicked PAT for two points because if you run it you only get one. Yes I said kicked PAT and made them. Them kids are well coached. The closest game they had was the championship game which they beat an undefeated Marion team 28-0.

Then they were not done. They went to tournament in Cleveland sponsored by Coca-Cola. They desposed of an All-Star team from Elyria quite easily, then had a tough championship game beating Cleveland Glenville 6-0. No information on what tournaments they will be in this year.

The West Players will be spread out, a few to St. Vincent, a few to Hoban and a few to Buchtel, and people need to stop the stereotyping of the pee wee leagues, most of the players do well in school, and will not have any problem getting into parochial schools. I know cause I see their grades (Nice to be inside)

Good luck and stay healthy
West Griffins
South Rangers
Patterson Park Vikings
Firestone Park Rams

I'll be headed straight over there tomorrow after Buchtel's Annual Pancake Day, hopefully my wife will let me stay and watch the 2 games after my sons game is done.