Akron East @ Dover

WJER will be streaming the Dover East game.
Audio only.

Will there be live streaming of the game tonight? If so please post link asap!
WJER will be streaming the Dover East game live.
Audio only. Click on the blue box and you're there.
They usually have a pregame show.

So I can find the Steuby/NP game on WJER, but I can't find the Dover game. Might it be on WTUZ, or a different station? I figured WJER would have both but only the Phila game is showing up.

So I can find the Steuby/NP game on WJER, but I can't find the Dover game. Might it be on WTUZ, or a different station? I figured WJER would have both but only the Phila game is showing up.

If you use the WJER app it gave the choice (Phila vs Steubenville on the bottom left, Dover verse East on the right). I recommend downloading that app.

I was critical of the run game last week, but it will definitely come in handy speeding up the second half. Dover looked great in the first half. Hope they keep it up to finish the game strong. I believe Dover gets the 2nd half kickoff with a 21-0 lead.

A punishing ground game tonight. By the second quarter East was draggin tail.
Stats,Dover 306 with 260 on the ground Martin with 138
East 105 total with 65 rushing,40 passing

Last edited:
One of the most anticipated games in T County happens Week 3.. Many wanted to see it last year but “covid” had other ideas. Should be a good one for a half then I see Dover pulling away late! 🌪

One of the most anticipated games in T County happens Week 3.. Many wanted to see it last year but “covid” had other ideas. Should be a good one for a half then I see Dover pulling away late! 🌪
Yep hopefully a good game at crater next week. Didn’t make it to IV game tonight but it sounded like a good one.

We won't know much about Dover until the playoffs. Their schedule is very watered down. They play SEVEN teams that are divisions lower than them

We won't know much about Dover until the playoffs. Their schedule is very watered down. They play SEVEN teams that are divisions lower than them
Are you a Jackson fan? If so, let's take a look at that. East probably should have beat you guys, we ran the clock on them, Steubenville would beat you, Canfield would beat you, Linsly would probably beat you, DeSales, a lower division than you but equal to Dover would beat you, Boardman in most years at least plays you guys tough and I believe have beaten you at least a time or two, we'll probably run the clock on them this year. Most years the Quackers would at least give you guys a good game and probably beat you a time or 2. Also, we are the smallest school in Division 2 and this schedule was based on us being Division 3. Yeah, Jackson plays in the almighty Fed. Well this year it looks like little old Lake is going to rule all you big Division 1 powers. So don't come on here crying a river when a D2 team dominates you, also Green will probably whip your arses as well!!!!!

Guess Dover was just that much better than East. I figured Dover would win by 7-14. Ready for next week. Go Dover!

To be fair, they did mention during the WJER broadcast that East was missing their D1 recruit running back and best receiver, so they probably could have helped make the game a little closer. Having said that, they wouldn’t really affect the line play, which Dover seemed to have control of.

That does not matter, and you know it. What matters is the program. You think playing D2 Akron North would be a better game than playing D4 Steubenville? The schedule is very good this year, with every Ohio team on the schedule (8) being a traditional playoff team (when only 8 qualified). The Steubenville, Canfield, DeSales, Boardman stretch will be very tough, and Lake Catholic and Akron East are typically good, as well.

Seeing that Dover is now D2 and if they continue to grow, would they consider a jump to the fed?
Actually Dover has not grown all that much,but they did have some very small classes for about a 10 year stretch,the 09 class had less than 200. Dover is tied with SVSM as the smallest D2 school. As for weather they would go to the Fed,I doubt it unless they actually do grow a lot.

Actually Dover has not grown all that much,but they did have some very small classes for about a 10 year stretch,the 09 class had less than 200. Dover is tied with SVSM as the smallest D2 school. As for weather they would go to the Fed,I doubt it unless they actually do grow a lot.
Gotcha.. what is the average graduating class size?