Akron City Series Basketball 2022-2023

IMG_20230324_160251698.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_152802825.jpg
    IMG_20230324_152802825.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 24
Boy oh boy, the Beacon is milking LeBron again. Good story though relating the truth of how they all chose STVM. Thanks for sharing.
As a die hard Buchtel fan we can always dream about what if's.

1995 State Runner up Football
1996 State Runner up Football
1996 State Champ Track
1997 State Runner up Basketball

Could you imagine if Buchtel was the choice for Lebron in 1998,,,,,,,,,

Griff fans already walk around with their chest out a little more than others, make that one little shift and there wouldn't be hats in this state big enough to fit our heads.

As a die hard Buchtel fan we can always dream about what if's.

1995 State Runner up Football
1996 State Runner up Football
1996 State Champ Track
1997 State Runner up Basketball

Could you imagine if Buchtel was the choice for Lebron in 1998,,,,,,,,,

Griff fans already walk around with their chest out a little more than others, make that one little shift and there wouldn't be hats in this state big enough to fit our heads.
Except for the famous Cat in the Hat Buchtel fan!!

I wondered why the group never seemed to consider Central-Hower. It was Buchtel, then, for the reasons set forth in the article, it was STVM. I never heard that Central-Hower was ever really in the mix, even though they had a richer basketball tradition than certainly STVM, but even Buchtel, as well. If they had gone to the Eagles, they would have joined Jeremiah Wood to form a tremendous team there as well!

Akron Central had the basketball tradition. Akron Hower just happened to land with them due to school merger...to create Central-Hower.

I wondered why the group never seemed to consider Central-Hower. It was Buchtel, then, for the reasons set forth in the article, it was STVM. I never heard that Central-Hower was ever really in the mix, even though they had a richer basketball tradition than certainly STVM, but even Buchtel, as well. If they had gone to the Eagles, they would have joined Jeremiah Wood to form a tremendous team there as well!
Remember the Central Hower Coach at the time? I can’t think of his name. But he hated St V. He couldn’t beat them. I remember the game vs the Irish at the Canton Fieldhouse when the Eagles bench started a fist fight…. with each other.

Didn’t he take a job in a southern state when he left C-H?

Remember the Central Hower Coach at the time? I can’t think of his name. But he hated St V. He couldn’t beat them. I remember the game vs the Irish at the Canton Fieldhouse when the Eagles bench started a fist fight…. with each other.

Didn’t he take a job in a southern state when he left C-H?
Dwight Carter was the coach back then, and you recall correctly that he was no fan of the Irish. If I recall, he vowed never to play them again while he was the coach. I don't recall if he carried through with that, but I recall the comment.

Dwight Carter was the coach back then, and you recall correctly that he was no fan of the Irish. If I recall, he vowed never to play them again while he was the coach. I don't recall if he carried through with that, but I recall the comment.
He carried through with it, even though it wasn't that long because Central-Hower closed just a few years later.

They were locked into Buchtel since about 4th grade and Buchtel was just coming off a state runner up and at the time I believe was 2 or 3x city champs. Plus another reason that gets overlooked is football. Nobody in there right mind would want to play football at Central when you have the talent of Lebron.

He carried through with it, even though it wasn't that long because Central-Hower closed just a few years later.
Although they didn’t play regular season, didn’t they meet up in the playoffs that year? That must have been the year of the fight.