Ak.Ellet job open

Yah, I meant that your source was wrong. They definitely had a rebuilding year and struggled, but he had helped turn the program around.
I've followed Stow last few years. Knew a few guys over there. Brecksville's 4 years before Poder they were 8-2, 7-3, 8-2, 4-6. 27-13 overall

When Poder arrived they went 0-10, 7-4, 7-2, 2-8. 14-24 overall

The only good years were when they had a future Big Ten QB. I cannot say much about program numbers or anything like that but record wise I wouldn't say he turned anything around. At best he kept them where they were which isn't a bad thing.

Okay, Who has some skinny on the situation over at Ellet? Did I read that they are holding their breath for an outsider to make a move on the position?? Hugh Jackson? I mean, come on, if they have someone in mind they would like to apply, go and confront them and let the person know they want them to apply and see what they may have to offer. This is so typical of the City Series of the past 20 years, athletics is about the next from the bottom of the list of things they give a rat turd about, just slightly above if there is toilet paper in the "Gender Neutral" Restroom., Oh, wait, everything about gender neutral restrooms would come above athletics, so I correct myslf, it is the L:AST thing they give a rat turd about. And now I just saw that the new APS leader wants to create 3 more High-Paying Administrative positions in the district........Incredible, they get this huge influx of money from the Federal Government for Covid and they will create new positions that I am certain will go to some of her friends. Let's not get some more teachers in the schools, or tutors, and get the damned masks off these kids, let's add more to the top-heavy administration!

Okay, Who has some skinny on the situation over at Ellet? Did I read that they are holding their breath for an outsider to make a move on the position?? Hugh Jackson? I mean, come on, if they have someone in mind they would like to apply, go and confront them and let the person know they want them to apply and see what they may have to offer. This is so typical of the City Series of the past 20 years, athletics is about the next from the bottom of the list of things they give a rat turd about, just slightly above if there is toilet paper in the "Gender Neutral" Restroom., Oh, wait, everything about gender neutral restrooms would come above athletics, so I correct myslf, it is the L:AST thing they give a rat turd about. And now I just saw that the new APS leader wants to create 3 more High-Paying Administrative positions in the district........Incredible, they get this huge influx of money from the Federal Government for Covid and they will create new positions that I am certain will go to some of her friends. Let's not get some more teachers in the schools, or tutors, and get the damned masks off these kids, let's add more to the top-heavy administration!
Didn’t you read the news paper? New super says they are “unsustainably lean” of administration.

Or invest and build stadiums at each local high school which they should only have 4 now since enrollment has tanked!

I've followed Stow last few years. Knew a few guys over there. Brecksville's 4 years before Poder they were 8-2, 7-3, 8-2, 4-6. 27-13 overall

When Poder arrived they went 0-10, 7-4, 7-2, 2-8. 14-24 overall

The only good years were when they had a future Big Ten QB. I cannot say much about program numbers or anything like that but record wise I wouldn't say he turned anything around. At best he kept them where they were which isn't a bad thing.
I had not researched the Bees records pre-Poder, but that is at least a little bit disconcerting. Have heard good things about him, and I almost assure you that he is better than Phillips at this point in time. Lawdy, I hope so!

Or invest and build stadiums at each local high school which they should only have 4 now since enrollment has tanked!

Akron North was down in the 600's a while back, but is close to or over 1,000 now. One elementary in North's cluster is close to 700 kids (6-K 6-1st 6-2nd 4-3rd 4-4th and 4-5th grade classes (678 the last time I heard it)

Quest,
the increase is due to in influx of foerign people moving up here. Akron is losing population and has been for decades, so the need for the size of buoldings like they are building is just wasteful on the part of the State of Ohio. As for building stadiums at each school, I am surprised they can't get one out at Firestone, the Starship of the APS, yet, the interest in actually doing something like this for the students is a nafterthought by the APS administration. Incusion, Equity and sensitivity training has over taken sensibility and using your brain by the admin. Ellet is the only APS school that has lights, but at least they now have turf, thans to the Browns.

I know that is wrong. our building is too small, we had over 100 of the kids to a new building. Who cares if they are foreign people! Unless you are Native American, then at one time your family was from a foreign country.

And of the Akron City high schools, only Akron North will not get a new facility built. That is what is wrong with the administration. Should have kept the newest building at the time, Akron Central- Hower....maybe opened a new Central including the North students! And yes a stadium at Firestone, the have a beautiful 8 lane track already and it is in a nice neighborhood of homes on the west side.

And of the Akron City high schools, only Akron North will not get a new facility built. That is what is wrong with the administration. Should have kept the newest building at the time, Akron Central- Hower....maybe opened a new Central including the North students! And yes a stadium at Firestone, the have a beautiful 8 lane track already and it is in a nice neighborhood of homes on the west side.
The other schools were totally rebuilt or renovated. The other schools should have their own stadiums.

Anyone on here old enough like me to remember Akron Ellet being in the Metro League prior to rejoining the Akron City Series?? Believe it was early 70"s.
I ATTENDED ELLET FROM '59 TO '62. ELLET WAS IN THE METRO LEAGUE THEN.
MY SOPH YEAR THE ORANGE WENT 0-10
MY JR YEAR THEY WERE (I THINK) 5-5. THAT WAS BILL MOYE'S SENIOR YEAR.
MY SR YEAR THEY WERE EITHER 7-3 OR 8-2 AND TIED WITH COVENTRY FOR THE METRO LEAGUE TITLE.
THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. MY FACTS MAY NOT BE FACTUAL. BUT THAT'S HOW I REMEMBER IT TODAY.

The old Metro had a great route 91 connection. Stow, Tallmadge, Ellet and Springfield!! No driving 45 minutes for a league game in those days!!

Akron North was down in the 600's a while back, but is close to or over 1,000 now. One elementary in North's cluster is close to 700 kids (6-K 6-1st 6-2nd 4-3rd 4-4th and 4-5th grade classes (678 the last time I heard it)
These are the 9-12 enrollment numbers from October 2021 for APS's 6 high schools.

North is nowhere near over nor close to 1,000 students...at least not yet. Jennings Community Learning Center however has mid 700s in grades 6-8 and I believe feeds into North. So it is possible North could surpass 1,000 in the coming years but not right now.

Harris / Jackson is the elementary school you're thinking of. They did start the school year with mid-600s. Not sure where they are now halfway through the school year. Harris / Jackson CLC started the year with over 130 kids in Kindergarten. 2x as many as the average Kindergarten class in APS.

1645923560327.png

My point being, how many of these foreign student play sports? Some play soccer, but as far as football baseball, basketball, softball, wrestling, and track, few. It will not lead to sports teams imporving, and then the sudden loss of Coach Haslem last fall really hurt, too. Good guy gone way too soon.

My point being, how many of these foreign student play sports? Some play soccer, but as far as football baseball, basketball, softball, wrestling, and track, few. It will not lead to sports teams imporving, and then the sudden loss of Coach Haslem last fall really hurt, too. Good guy gone way too soon.
Have you been to any of their games or meets. It isn't life changing numbers but they are beginning to grow. I know they had an article done on the girls team and the starting line-up for at least one game were girls from five different countries/languages. It will continue to grow. It does take time, but open minds work better than closed

ildcatm,

You are sorely uninformed. The APS should have sodl the C-H building a decade before they did. Akron U wanted to buy it for like $4-$5 Million dollars because they needed the space and they were grid-locked. APS said NO. What happened? APS decided to close C-H and then Akron says, UP YOUR'S and offers pennies on the dollar of what they could have gotten because APS has been run by politics and being EQUITABLE rather than by their brains. The district is a mess, and it all starts from the TOP. Conrad Ott is rolling over in his grave at what has become of the APS, a once proud proud and strong school district. They are more worried about hiring people based on their gender and race than their ability to do the job. Sounds like BRANDON!!!